Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

frank black conspiracy
~ Abstract Brain ~

1126 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2005 :  05:17:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, the Albini link is all because of the sound he got on SR.
I don't really think In Utero came close though.

It's a fun read FILLshow, the whole Nirvana thing. I believe Kurt knew his band were never going to be as good as the Ps, he was just a fan of Black Francis and his music. A big fan. that's why I don't like all the Kurt bashing sometimes. When all it revolves around is his liking of OUR band. Knock his music for sure, but it's easy to keep bringing up the Teen Spirit reference as evidence the Ps are better than Nirvana. We all know this is true, Kurt did too.
The music industry is bad, knows nothing and can't see the writing on the wall.
Be harsh to them, not Kurt Cobain. it's not his fault his band got put up on an international pedestal instead of the rightful.
And in my opinion, the Pixies wouldn't be as mystical and amazing to me if they had been as successful as others.

Sorry. Rant over.
Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2005 :  20:33:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
FBC, I don't think that we're Kurt bashing, by no means. It's more that we're basing the media shorthand or formula or whatever when they refrence the fact that Nirvana would have never existed if it weren't for the Pixies. :) IT's lazy journalism-- read this article-- rip this fact of and put it in your articlcle. God forbid some of these guys would ask an original question. And those that do, we recongize and thank your efforts!!!

I really like Nirvana-- Not anywhere as close to the Pixies. But I really dig them as I do the FOo Fighters. I would say Bleach would would be in my top 10 or 20 or so of Fave albs as would Nevermind. WHo cares if Kurt ripped some off the Pixies? That's the way music works... everyone is influencing everyone and sometimes its subconcious.

But I did think that it was cute that Kurt got nervious and jetted instead of meeting FB. That's a real cute story. Too bad he's not around to tell his side anymore.
Go to Top of Page

porkbone1
= Cult of Ray =

USA
390 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2005 :  16:57:06  Show Profile  Visit porkbone1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I never thought this thread would turn serious. I just meant it as a joke!

"We were just playing around! It doesn't have anything to do with anything!"

The joke has come upon me

http://plasticporkbone.typepad.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000