Page: of 3

two reelers
* Dog in the Sand *

Austria
1029 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2005 :  05:01:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fbc

Lets get tees made up for the few who want them, rather than looking at this as a forum project. Like starme.k mentioned, the last time this was tried it descended into farce and not a single member ended up with a dotnet tee.

yes, i agree with you. as i'm sometimes too pollite (others say, too much of a coward), i didn't dare to express it that clearly, but basically, that's the way i think too. just do it.

I joined the cult of Souled American / 'cause they are a damn' fine band
Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2005 :  05:07:07  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
I'd go with the latter.

Starting from now? Cool.

quote:
maybe most important: as i understand, FB.net is the baby of davenoisy and some others (?). of course, a FB.net t-shirt should be coordinated with the creators of this site. i will not start the creatiion of a FB.net shirt witouth approval of the makes of FB.net. so, what has the spokesman/woman of this site to say ?

You may have a long wait.

Let the members here take the initiative. Like it's been stated, the last attempt involved the majority and got nowhere.
If the mods want the tee, then give them a dollar discount.

Edited by - fbc on 11/21/2005 05:08:06
Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2005 :  05:11:15  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Two Reelers, again, top idea. sometimes it just takes someone to stand up and say something.
Even if we manage to make just ten tees, enough to satisfy the demand of this thread so far, it will be a success.
Go to Top of Page

pixiestu
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2564 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2005 :  05:34:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like the design and I would be proud to wear one of these!

"The arc of triumph"
Go to Top of Page

VoVat
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

USA
9168 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2005 :  07:20:55  Show Profile  Visit VoVat's Homepage  Click to see VoVat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Like starme.k mentioned, the last time this was tried it descended into farce and not a single member ended up with a dotnet tee.

But did anybody get a buttom?

"If you doze much longer, then life turns to dreaming. If you doze much longer, then dreams turn to nightmares."
Go to Top of Page

OldManInaCoffeeCan
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1467 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2005 :  07:50:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by VoVat

quote:
Like starme.k mentioned, the last time this was tried it descended into farce and not a single member ended up with a dotnet tee.

But did anybody get a buttom?

"If you doze much longer, then life turns to dreaming. If you doze much longer, then dreams turn to nightmares."

A BUTTOM? No, I didn't get one, not that I recall anyway. By the way, what is a buttom?

"I'm more of a self-indulgent epic kind of guy." King Charles IV

"two separate albums released on the same day, thank you"

Edited by - OldManInaCoffeeCan on 11/21/2005 08:51:12
Go to Top of Page

FranknWeezer
= Cult of Ray =

USA
356 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2005 :  08:17:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For what it's worth, I never saw that as "the man and his guitar"...more like he's parrying the wind high/low.
But maybe that's just me.
-FranknWeezer
Go to Top of Page

VoVat

USA
9168 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2005 :  09:21:19  Show Profile  Visit VoVat's Homepage  Click to see VoVat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
A BUTTOM? No, I didn't get one, not that I recall anyway. By the way, what is a buttom?

A typo for "button" from an old thread, which I'm bringing up again because I apparently can't let an inside joke die, no matter how lame it is.

Go to Top of Page

OldManInaCoffeeCan
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1467 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2005 :  09:28:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah, I know how you appreciate non-funny humor so I knew you would appreciate my non-funny joke about your typo.

Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2005 :  09:33:55  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here's a shitty idea but an idea all the same.

* everybody buys their own t-shirt (or can use an old one)
* this thread brainstorms design ideas

THEN..

* whichever design you want,
just copy the image to disk and take it with your tee to a shop that can print designs.

Theres a place by me that does this (inexpensive).
If someone has trouble finding somewhere then they can mail there plain tee to whoever can get the job done.

This way we don't need to look for manufacturers on either side of the Atlantic, and no discussions about what fabric should be used.
Aslong as "frankblackdotnet" is the same, any fb logo we come up with and is liked can be used.

(PLEASE NOTE MY VERY FIRST SENTENCE)
Go to Top of Page

OldManInaCoffeeCan
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1467 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2005 :  09:33:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, Status Update on pricing and time schedule: Don't know yet. I sent a request this morning for
prices and time deadlines/delivery schedules and should have some information in the next day or two.

Go to Top of Page

OldManInaCoffeeCan
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1467 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2005 :  09:44:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fbc

Here's a shitty idea but an idea all the same.

* everybody buys their own t-shirt (or can use an old one)
* this thread brainstorms design ideas

THEN..

* whichever design you want,
just copy the image to disk and take it with your tee to a shop that can print designs.

Theres a place by me that does this (inexpensive).
If someone has trouble finding somewhere then they can mail there plain tee to whoever can get the job done.

This way we don't need to look for manufacturers on either side of the Atlantic, and no discussions about what fabric should be used.
Aslong as "frankblackdotnet" is the same, any fb logo we come up with and is liked can be used.

(PLEASE NOTE MY VERY FIRST SENTENCE)

[Damn, I guess I should delete my previous posts about prices and deliveries and such antiquated logistics, but I think I'll let it ride and look back on it later and laugh]

Great Idea fbc, I was just about to suggest that. No shit, that's the way to do it. I was just joking about all that ordering and delivering stuff.

Go to Top of Page

OldManInaCoffeeCan
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1467 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2005 :  09:49:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And, when you think about, if some of us want different designs then so be it, each can do their own thing in which case it
may be that the only thing the t-shirts have in common is "frankblack.net" and perhaps some fb.net logo
or other fb.net related statement, e.g., "Come get kicked in the taco"...

Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2005 :  09:58:11  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was going to do the same. delete mine, that is.

If you guys have made arrangements planned then seriously, ignore what i post if you don't already.
I was trying to think of ways to avoid the original threads crap which didn't set in stone distribution and production plans.

I still think the best way to go about this is for the ones who want to help design a tee just do it**
To give out too many choices and waiting for everyones opinion just wastes time.

If a tee is already there to be bought, then the punter has only one choice to make: do you want it or not?

Let this thread leave the rest of the forum this one simple choice.
And use the original [thread] as a guide of what not to do.

** if this involved a moderator or two and some of the more frequent posters 
then I think this will be looked upon more as the official dotnet tee.  
The Graphics thread worked amazingly well, and the same members are still around.  

Edited by - fbc on 11/21/2005 10:24:59
Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2005 :  09:59:50  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by OldManInaCoffeeCan

And, when you think about, if some of us want different designs then so be it, each can do their own thing in which case it
may be that the only thing the t-shirts have in common is "frankblack.net" and perhaps some fb.net logo
or other fb.net related statement, e.g., "Come get kicked in the taco"...

BINGO!
Go to Top of Page

kelladwella
= Cult of Ray =

Germany
729 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2005 :  10:17:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It wouldn't have the same feeling of community about it that way, though. With the "everyone does his own design/colour/fabric" I mean.
Wich mustn't be a bad thing. At least then there is a chance of realisation.
But we don't need to have a whole thread about it. We all can go and make lots of shirts all the time if we wanted to...

It would be more of a "here are cool fb(.net)related design ideas, do with them whatever you want: on a t-shirt or a poster or a mug or..." thread.
Go to Top of Page

two reelers
* Dog in the Sand *

Austria
1029 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2005 :  10:18:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HELL BREAKS LOSE !!! (loose ?)

everybody what he/she wants ? okay, it's fine with me. i'll go (hopefully tomorrow) to the shop and will make myself a shirt with the very fine logo posted at the beginning of this thread.

FIRST ONE WHO PRESENTS A PIC OF HER/HIMSELF IN A UNOFFICIAL FB.NET SHIRTS WINS SOMETHING (e.g., an unofficial fb.net shirt)

we can also start a competition about who's got the finest.

EDIT:

i've read kelladwella's note. i also think it would be really nice to have an uniform design, at least for those who want it. therefore i offer the following:
i will make a shirt with the FB design (and personalized user name, of course) for everybody who want's one. just mail me directly at "two_reelers@yahoo.co.uk" (note: i will use this address just for this purpose).
of course, we will have to agree on the money question. i will only make & send the shirt after i have received the money (printing+packaging) in some way (not that i distrust you, but i know how easily such things can be forgotten - and it is not so bad if i have one shirt too much, but i don't want to make 5 or more, which never get collected. of course, the "risk" is on your side than, but i also have the work. sorry for being so clear at that).

so, i will wait for a couple of days and see what happens..

Edited by - two reelers on 11/21/2005 10:31:20
Go to Top of Page

OldManInaCoffeeCan
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1467 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2005 :  10:20:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fbc

If you guys have made arrangements planned then seriously, ignore what i post

I have no manufacturing and delivery plans set. This morning I requested some information on prices and ordering/delivery deadlines, but that's it.

No, I see no need to order them from one central supplier and then have to coordinate payment and delivery.

Like you said, just take it yourself to your friendly neighborhood T-shirt shop and cutout all unnecessary steps.

Go to Top of Page

OldManInaCoffeeCan
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1467 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2005 :  10:24:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OR NOT, fuck, I'm gonna shut up for a while and then offer my assistance later.

It is good to see the enthusiasm for a fb.net t-shirt.

Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2005 :  10:33:51  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by two reelers

everybody what he/she wants ? okay

From a limited choice of designs
The fb.net logo is compulsory.

I should really have stopped at my first post: "I'll take two"

Edited by - fbc on 11/21/2005 10:40:12
Go to Top of Page

darwin

USA
5453 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2005 :  12:28:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by two reelers

One of the few times in internet history someone wanted the word "loose" and used "lose" instead (but with the knowledge that they might be making a mistake). The other way around ("lose" for "loose") seems to be the law of the internet.

Sorry for grammar snark, back to the t-shirts.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11687 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2005 :  15:37:14  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I like using the FB logo mostly because I already have a shirt (orange with dark blue printed logo) that I made like that. When I get home I'll add the Cult_o_Frank to the back and wear it exclusively until it turns orange to yellow to brownish yellow and finally disintegrates in a slightly blinding flash.

"Join the Cult of Frank / And you'll be enlightened"
Go to Top of Page

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2005 :  17:07:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
instead of trying to make a decision that will make everyone happy someone should just make some t-shirts and sell them to whoever wants one.

if someone doesn't like the design they can make their own
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6118 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2005 :  00:14:05  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by VoVat

quote:

A typo for "button" from an old thread, which I'm bringing up again because I apparently can't let an inside joke die, no matter how lame it is.

I believe that was my mistake. I wanted something for the first Pixies reunion concerts to represent us FB.net's, just like Lisa Germano-fans have a button/badge to wear when they go to gigs where Germano plays next to the main artist. I wanted a FB-badge/button, but typed buttom
just like 'culf' you know!

---------------------------
God save the Noisies
Go to Top of Page

vilainde

Niue
7441 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2005 :  01:39:17  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey all. I read this thread quickly. Seeing the disaster of the last attempt at making a FB.net t-shirt, I'd rather not get involved this time. BUT, I think having a small team working on it and having everyone print the design and make his own t-shirt is a fantastic idea. If you guys make a cool design I'll definitely have it printed (I won't have my username on it though).

Denis

"You know what? You know what? You know what? Shut the fuck up!"
Go to Top of Page

two reelers
* Dog in the Sand *

Austria
1029 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2005 :  05:17:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
!!! LAST CALL !!!

as a said before, i will manufacture shirts with the initial design (FB guitar man). it seems the shirt will cost about ~22 euros (shirt + printing front/back, excluding packaging)

in case you want one, mail to "two_reelers@yahoo.co.uk" with the amount you want to have and the size(s).

regarding money, in the EU bank transfer should be no problem. for US, i don't know a practible way by now (is paypal easy & safe ? how does it work ?)

Go to Top of Page

VoVat

USA
9168 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2005 :  12:46:06  Show Profile  Visit VoVat's Homepage  Click to see VoVat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I think the original "buttom" typo might have been Ramona's. But maybe it was Bill's, and I'm misremembering. Or maybe both of them made the same typo, which isn't that unlikely.

Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6118 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2005 :  16:41:34  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
mmm, maybe it was Ramona, I came up with Lisa Germano and she did the typo, that does make sence.

mmmm, archive?

God save the Noisies
Go to Top of Page

Daisy Girl
~ Abstract Brain ~

Belize
5305 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2005 :  12:20:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am confused are we all going with one order or are we doing it ourselves like FBC recomended?

After reading FBC's posts I was thinking that would be the easiest way to do it.

Just like two reelers did we could post the design in this thread, so people who want to design one can. :) I think the logo design for FB.net would look really swell on a black t shrit.

Go to Top of Page

GypsyDeath
Zapped Profile

3575 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2005 :  10:12:53  Show Profile  Visit GypsyDeath's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dayanara

when do we get to the part where gypsy and el barto show up and get into a big fight with everyone? i like that part.

Hadehaha. Actually, I was mostly arguing only with Jim from what i recall, and Jim in turn was arguing with dean.

I could be wrong. I usually am.

Please support the petition for a Carter USM DVD. Download, print and sign a petition form from http://ambernet.no-ip.org/petition.doc
Go to Top of Page

two reelers
* Dog in the Sand *

Austria
1029 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2005 :  10:47:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
JUST TO LET YOU KNOW

two shirts are ready, and three more are on their way. they rock !!!!

blame yourself for not wanting one !

Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6118 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2005 :  12:03:20  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
stupid me

God save the Noisies
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2005 :  17:37:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm waiting for the official FB.Net lunchbox.

"Join the Honeycult!"
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6118 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2005 :  00:50:01  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'm waiting for the day that you can love again

God save the Noisies
Go to Top of Page

VoVat

USA
9168 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2005 :  08:25:13  Show Profile  Visit VoVat's Homepage  Click to see VoVat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'm waiting for Godot. After all, I'm in a Beckett trance, from all the chemical.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000