Baby That's Art: A Podcast About Frank Black
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Troubles A Foot
= Cult of Ray =

USA
872 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2024 :  22:17:07  Show Profile  Visit Troubles A Foot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello forum!

So me and my friend do a show called Don't Let's Start: A Podcast About They Might Be Giants. A few months ago we started a Patreon where we can indulge in whatever we want to, and one of our first priorities was to do a side show all about Frank Black (who comes up often on our main show.)

Now the first (and so far only) episode is behind our top tier Patreon wall, but I understand that basically everyone here is not a member or interested in TMBG or our show enough to become one. One day when we have enough episodes I may want to put out our entire Frank show as a free stream.

But until then I wanted to offer episode 1 just for all of you. It's not perfect. We're mainly introducing the topic and without much planning, giving a general overview. We had fans of our show specifically tell us they don't know much about Frank and were interested in an introduction to him.

We're also usually a lot sillier and funnier on our TMBG show but we were pretty serious about Frank here! Our TMBG show also has much more clips and research but the idea behind the Patreon is to be a little more casual (or else the workload will be impossible.)

I hope some here may find it fun! It probably is not telling you much you already don't know!

This link will be up temporarily, but let me know if anyone misses it:

https://we.tl/t-i4EPlfK2hw

The Maharal
= Cult of Ray =

982 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2024 :  12:44:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Started this last night and finishing it now. Very enjoyable - I particularly enjoy the little snippets of songs slipped in. Must check out the TMBG episodes. Going to see them perform Flood later in the year so it'll be good to know more about the Johns.

Edited by - The Maharal on 06/03/2024 12:49:19
Go to Top of Page

Troubles A Foot
= Cult of Ray =

USA
872 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2024 :  22:36:07  Show Profile  Visit Troubles A Foot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey thanks! The TMBG episodes are far more intensely researched and prepared, but I still tried to make the Frank Black one pretty comprehensive and it wasn't easy thinking of the various clips to go alone with the conversation topics!

I'm really really proud of our Flood series, so that would be a great place to prepare for a Flood show! I saw a Flood show shortly after we finished those episodes and it was actually kind of strange for me! I just felt so deep inside every moment of every song.
Go to Top of Page

badronald
- FB Fan -

USA
72 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2024 :  21:19:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Jordan - would you mind re-upping the Frank episode? TMBG was my gateway to Frank and the Pixies, they seem to occupy similar orbits in my musical taste.
Go to Top of Page

Troubles A Foot
= Cult of Ray =

USA
872 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2024 :  16:48:23  Show Profile  Visit Troubles A Foot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
HAPPY TO!

https://we.tl/t-XxFArT2l5w
Go to Top of Page

badronald
- FB Fan -

USA
72 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2024 :  04:29:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Troubles A Foot

HAPPY TO!

https://we.tl/t-XxFArT2l5w