Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

ProverbialCereal
- FB TabMaster -

USA
2953 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2003 :  21:03:52  Show Profile
Yeah I guess I wasn't imagining. I was just offline for about an hour, left the forum with 645 posts.. then I came back, posted, and after that post I still had 645.

If this was only happening to me... this would NOT be helping my chances to surpass mereubu in posts.

-Derek
Go to Top of Page

ProverbialCereal
- FB TabMaster -

USA
2953 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2003 :  21:05:23  Show Profile
hmm, well that post went to 646

-Derek
Go to Top of Page

ProverbialCereal
- FB TabMaster -

USA
2953 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2003 :  21:06:03  Show Profile
yes! and that one went to 647!

(if I keep doing this I'll reach a thousand in 3 hours...)

-Derek
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2003 :  22:53:32  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage
Umm..back to our Lord and Saviour of Bandwidth Theft...?

WARNING: "Bandwidth Stealing Is A Crime" - the good Reverend Father Maurice Levesque
Go to Top of Page

ProverbialCereal
- FB TabMaster -

USA
2953 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2003 :  09:23:11  Show Profile
Here you go Dave. you can represent us all...

-Derek
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2003 :  11:59:20  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage
Oh sweet jeebus..i'm gonna get another email..
Go to Top of Page

justice
- FB Fan -

3 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2003 :  09:19:30  Show Profile
The only hypocrite I know is you based on your attitude.

quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

Seems to me that someone who goes about under the pretext of being religious and spreading enlightenment to the masses would be happy to have people linking to their stuff as opposed to hoarding it and crying theif and threatening legal action. Ahhh, organized religion, what level have you sunk to?

Me, I like the hyprocrites.

Go to Top of Page

justice
- FB Fan -

3 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2003 :  09:22:25  Show Profile
Some people, like you, are just plain dumb and stupid. They cannot tell the difference between pictures created to be used free in one section versus all the other pictures on a website that are not free.

Nor can they tell the difference between downloading a picture on their website versus linking to the picture and stealing bandwidth which is an illegal activity.

Why don't you put your foot in your mouth until you know what you are talking about. Then you can let it out. I investigated the claims made on this webpage and the only ones that are valid are the ones made by the priest, not the idiots who posted the other comments.

quote:
Originally posted by ProverbialCereal

http://www.catholicdoors.com/graphics/index.htm

this page is titled "Free Catholic Graphic." Do you think he just added that WARNING message in the middle of the page?

-Derek

Go to Top of Page

justice
- FB Fan -

3 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2003 :  09:25:08  Show Profile
No one has to surf your site. Any knowledgeable web designer knows how to and verifies his daily logs. From that, he can determine when bandwidth is being stolen from his website and track down the source. As such, I do not believe the Reverend was looking for this site... he simply found it because of the criminal trail left behind by people like you.

quote:

It's ironic that it's a catholic website we're "stealing" from, and Frank's band is the Catholics. I wonder if the Rev knows this. He probably surfed the site and immediately focused his eyes on Devil's Workshop and shifted into bitch mode.

-Derek

Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2003 :  10:01:52  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage
Who the fuck is this? The Bandwidth Cop?

---------
FRANK BLACK SATAN WORKSHIP BLACK MASS
Go to Top of Page

BLT
> Teenager of the Year <

South Sandwich Islands
4204 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2003 :  11:57:17  Show Profile
I definitely see justice's point. No webmaster likes someone sucking images from their pages. The problem is with message boards-- there's no way around leeching images unless each poster has his own site to store them and goes through the work to copy them there. Who's gonna bother with that? The Rev could rename his images to kill our links, but that'd be a big hassle for him. I couldn't blame if he did, though.
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2003 :  12:18:51  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage
This is pretty funny. I bet this topic will come back and haunt us forever.

The number of hits on that image is so few, relatively speaking..i bet our good Reverend has very few hits, and then all of a sudden there's a hundred downloads of his image, amounting to a whopping megabyte or two! Oh me, oh MY! Those bloody satan-worshipping PIRATES!

pttttt...give me a fucking break. As already pointed out, the hits would vanish completely in a day or two as the topic gets old. Defintely not worth making yourself look like a petty and pedantic tightwad.

Damn fool xians.
Go to Top of Page

ProverbialCereal
- FB TabMaster -

USA
2953 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2003 :  13:03:13  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by justice

Some people, like you, are just plain dumb and stupid. They cannot tell the difference between pictures created to be used free in one section versus all the other pictures on a website that are not free.

Nor can they tell the difference between downloading a picture on their website versus linking to the picture and stealing bandwidth which is an illegal activity.

Why don't you put your foot in your mouth until you know what you are talking about. Then you can let it out. I investigated the claims made on this webpage and the only ones that are valid are the ones made by the priest, not the idiots who posted the other comments.

quote:

http://www.catholicdoors.com/graphics/index.htm

this page is titled "Free Catholic Graphic." Do you think he just added that WARNING message in the middle of the page?

-Derek

some people like you are dumb and stupid because they sum up a persons mental capability by ONE of his/her posts. Why don't you put your foot in your mouth until YOU know what you are talking about, because you obviously don't know me, my morals, or my character. I wasn't making a serious point or trying to say the Rev was wrong. Technically speaking he probably is right. I just think the whole thing is funny because how the Rev responded. It's just ironic.

you think I thoroughly surfed that stupid website to make sure my references and statements were 100% accurate? No way dude. Sorry I didn't do my homework and investigate like you did. Though I think for you to make your first three posts on THIS topic, you are probably the Reverend himself. Do you even like Frank Black? You are a member since today and you've only posted here and two of your posts quoted me, which I do not understand. I'm not gonna reply to my other quote you responded to because you obviously were just trying to twist my words and make me look dumb and stupid.

-Derek
Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2003 :  18:27:30  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage
Seriously, Dave. Let's assume the picture is 20KB, which is not far off from an average image size (that Jesus pic was 20KB). You get 1000 hits on that image, that's roughly 20MB...holy SHIT! I wonder how many hits that picture even got. Hardly bandwidth theft. I'd seriously like to see that hold up in any court.

---------
FRANK BLACK SATAN WORKSHIP BLACK MASS
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2003 :  21:08:42  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage
As a gesture of my good will, i'll mail him a check of $00.00 to reimburse him for his unfortunate loss.

However, only Jesus can forgive his pathetic behaviour.

I dedicate the following to him and his worshipfulness:

WARNING: "Bandwidth Stealing Is A Crime" - the good Reverend Father Maurice Levesque
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2003 :  07:16:58  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by justice

The only hypocrite I know is you based on your attitude.

Feel free to explain, my friend, unless, "No, you are" is the best you can come up with as a defence for your embarassing actions.
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2003 :  11:34:17  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage
Wow - he's taken it down already, this guy is PHAT!

Never seen anyone who watched their bandwidth so closely.. I bet i haven't looked at the FB.net logs this year..
Go to Top of Page

BLT
> Teenager of the Year <

South Sandwich Islands
4204 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2003 :  11:59:50  Show Profile
Damn, Dave. You'd better sleep with one eye open!
Go to Top of Page

Steak n Sabre
* Dog in the Sand *

Uzbekistan
1013 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2003 :  12:29:31  Show Profile  Visit Steak n Sabre's Homepage
Is'nt all religious imagery public domain?? If not, who owns the rights??
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2003 :  12:56:18  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
I think that it's this singular Reverend that owns any and all rights to religious iconography. Makes sense. :)

Truth be told, the images are probably public domain but he's whining that he had more than 0 hits for a day. He wasn't counting on anyone ever visiting, so we put him near his bandwidth limit.
Go to Top of Page

Steak n Sabre
* Dog in the Sand *

Uzbekistan
1013 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2003 :  09:12:25  Show Profile  Visit Steak n Sabre's Homepage
I see. It's just that I'm manufacturing a line of Christmas-themed lawn ornaments and was wondering who gets the licensing fees ......
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2003 :  10:14:41  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
Heh... yeah, now wouldn't that be a thing. Licensing fees on Jesus dolls. I can see Mattel picking up on that and having the complete 'nativity' line with glowing faces, a star that really lights, and the three wise men (camels sold separately).
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000