New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  23:58:24  Show Profile
I'm about to possibly work out a couple ticket trades with total strangers and wonder if anyone has any advice on the best way to conduct this. Obviously someone could get screwed -- and I realize that could happen through any transaction, but tickets are different from (and in a way more valuable than) money, so it seems a little trickier. Anyone who has done this before and/or can think of some crafty scenario where each party could have something to lose by being less than honorable, something aside from their reputations (consider that some people, myself admittedly included, have joined the board primarily for the Pixies touring season) -- that would be great.

The only thing I can think of would be to go through a mutually trusted person to facilitate the trade personally, but I am guessing the board moderators for example wouldn't be interested in getting in that business. But any volunteers would be welcome :)

Edited by - roomloo on 02/22/2004 00:00:26

pixie801
- FB Fan -

52 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  09:24:33  Show Profile  Click to see pixie801's MSN Messenger address
You could make the payment via PayPal and then you have some recourse of the tickets don't come through. And pay with a credit card also because they also carry some responsibility if you don't get what you paid for.

I unfortunately had to deal with this once when buying something off of eBay, so that's my best advice.

Have the buyer send money via PayPal and then mail the tickets. there's a lot of trust involved on the buyer's end, but if they don't get the tickets than they have some form of recourse for getting their money back.
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  09:30:34  Show Profile
That's some pretty good advice, I think. Thanks.

I guess the best way would be to each PayPal the other a worst-case scalper's price for the tickets, so if you get screwed you can get left with enough money to buy the replacement tickets yourself.

Of course, I'd think if I never got my tickets and took back the money I sent the person, he/she could retaliate by claiming they never got theirs and taking their money back as well. There's really no way to prove you didn't get something.
Go to Top of Page

pixie801
- FB Fan -

52 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  09:39:19  Show Profile  Click to see pixie801's MSN Messenger address
Document all email correspondence, including paypal receipt, etc.

Have the seller get signature requried certified mail (or fedex) and then you have proof that the item was delivered.

Plus, it's called "fraud" if you say you didn't receive something, get the money back, and you really did receive it. ;)

Edited by - pixie801 on 02/22/2004 09:41:55
Go to Top of Page

porkbone1
= Cult of Ray =

USA
390 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  10:02:29  Show Profile  Visit porkbone1's Homepage
I think that paypal and mailing is the safest idea, but when do you mail them? Do you mail them immediately? What if you get to the show and the seats next to you (The ones you sold) are occupied by people who got tickets on ebay? Maybe we have the buyer send paypal, then the tickets are mailed like in the last week of March.
Go to Top of Page

pixie801
- FB Fan -

52 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2004 :  10:17:23  Show Profile  Click to see pixie801's MSN Messenger address
If I were the buyer I would want what i paid for immediately. What would be the point of waiting until March? If the person who bought them really did want to scalp them after buying them, they could just as easily do it the day of the show as earlier. At that point it's out of your hands. You can't control what the buyer does w/ the tickets. You just have to trust that they are a real fan if they are on this site. Plus, most of these shows are GA, so you would never know.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000