New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

NimrodsSon
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1938 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  14:12:40  Show Profile
Sorry if this has been asked a million times. Does anyone know the date for the concert on disc 2? I can't seem to find it anywhere in the insert. All it says is a 1990 Dutch concert

ˇViva los Católicos!

holidaysong
- FB Fan -

Ireland
164 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  15:22:24  Show Profile
It's from September 25th 1990..
Go to Top of Page

NimrodsSon
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1938 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  16:24:05  Show Profile
thanks

ˇViva los Católicos!
Go to Top of Page

winnipegwantsfrank
- FB Fan -

83 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  18:35:15  Show Profile
How is that disc, anyways? The DTTP version that I got doesn't have the 2nd disc, and I've always wanted it
Go to Top of Page

chrischob
- FB Fan -

Canada
110 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  19:38:16  Show Profile
I think its great. The sound is A+ and the performance is excellent. I remember it wasnt available in Canada when it first came out so I bought it from CDNow way back when.

One thing I remember is reading a review saying Frank Black taped all his shows so we could look forward to many more Pixies shows being released over the years even though the band broke up..

Chris Choboter
Go to Top of Page

holidaysong
- FB Fan -

Ireland
164 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2004 :  15:19:11  Show Profile
yeah its good alright..missing few of my favs but still god. i'd just had the one disc one before i picked the double edition in france.
Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3420 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2004 :  01:54:46  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage
it is a great disc.
You can also hear parts of the concert on the Velouria boot.
oddly, the DTTP version does not include all the songs played that night, cause on the Velouria boot, Velouria is played, whereas it's not on the DTTP release...

always found that odd.

"I joined the Cult of Frank / I think that man deserves a DB!"
Go to Top of Page

mattb
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
474 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2004 :  10:18:39  Show Profile  Visit mattb's Homepage  Click to see mattb's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by benji

it is a great disc.
You can also hear parts of the concert on the Velouria boot.
oddly, the DTTP version does not include all the songs played that night, cause on the Velouria boot, Velouria is played, whereas it's not on the DTTP release...

always found that odd.

I also have a bootleg that had the same show but it wasn't called Velouria. I forget the name but it was white with the images from the booklet of doolittle on the front cover. I was kind of pissed off when the dttp came out and that was the show. I was so proud of having that bootleg and would have liked to hear something different.
Go to Top of Page

HowardJacks
- FB Fan -

5 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2004 :  11:41:05  Show Profile  Click to see HowardJacks's MSN Messenger address
dunno but I had to pick this disk up in France as the UK versions only had the disk 1. Oddly my mate had the box set though but until I had a listen he never heard it (thats how I got into the Pixies)
Go to Top of Page

chineselover
= Cult of Ray =

Ireland
348 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2004 :  14:31:08  Show Profile  Visit chineselover's Homepage
I got the limited edition box set when it came out – is that the one you guys are talking about? the one in the black box? It had the live CD in it... I also heard (at the time) tower records, dublin had two vinyl box sets left a couple of days after it came out, and when I got there they had one left, the cashier was cradling it saying it was his baby! But part with he did! I have never played it but it looks so impressive - in a box with a separate sleeve for each of the four 12" and a separate inlay book... its one of my prize possessions!!! I saw the double disc on sale a few weeks after with out the limited edition packaging and it was twice the price of the one I bought!
Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3420 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2004 :  01:08:05  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage
the 4 x 10" boxset is awesome...it's also got the 2 secret tracks (i'm amazed and broken face demos) tacked after monkey gone to heaven....

i've seen that these have been selling for silly money on ebay recently....

but certainly not giving mine up.

Go to Top of Page

vilainde
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Niue
7437 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2004 :  01:33:48  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage
I have the vinyl box set too, it's the most beautiful record I have. I bought it at a ridiculously cheap price 2 years ago (something like 15 euros), still don't know why the record store put it on sale but I jumped on the occasion.

Denis
Go to Top of Page

chineselover
= Cult of Ray =

Ireland
348 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2004 :  13:10:39  Show Profile  Visit chineselover's Homepage
BENJI! your saying the viynl has secret tracks? i never knew that, i haven't listened to it, i don't even have a record player any more!!
Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3420 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2004 :  01:23:12  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage
yep it does.
check out alec eiffel for more info.

but don't open your set to listen to them, just download them from the alec eiffel sounds page http://dag.wieers.com/alec/pos/

Go to Top of Page

offerw
* Dog in the Sand *

South Africa
1264 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2004 :  09:58:45  Show Profile  Click to see offerw's MSN Messenger address
Can anyone read the notes in the DTTP cd box set's booklet? The letters are all splashed with gold paint and very difficult to read. Maybe some site has it posted somewhere?
Go to Top of Page

HowardJacks
- FB Fan -

5 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2004 :  14:07:40  Show Profile  Click to see HowardJacks's MSN Messenger address
I *think* it's the same text as on the 4d site, either that or it's definitly on another site!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000