'Frogballs', the ultimate FB compilation
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Frog in the Sand
-+ Le premiere frog +-

France
2715 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2004 :  02:37:08  Show Profile  Visit Frog in the Sand's Homepage
Unable to wait for 'Oddballs 2', I recently created 'Frogballs', my own little FB compilation, featuring all SSMVGD songs + 10 rare or unreleased songs. And guess what, I'm not far from thinking it's the best of all FB albums cuz I never skip any of the 20 tracks !!! (The only song I dislike - Angst - is so short I simply haven't the time to skip it.) And it should be even better soon since Frank promised me he would record 3 or 4 bonus tracks to complete this ultra-limited edition. ;)

Seriously, thanks to this compilation I'm rediscovering SSMVGD - and s**t, I wonder why Frank decided to keep it in his pockets. IT'S SO FUCKINGLY GOOD!
Am I the only one here to think that the early versions of I Will Run After You and His Kingly Cave are even better than the BLD/DW versions? Am I the only one to think that Humboldt County Massacre #2 sounds better than the first version? That Pan American Highway is a pure masterpiece, a miracle of elegance and simplicity? That Le Cigare Volant rocks like hell?...

pong
= Cult of Ray =

France
315 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2004 :  06:27:50  Show Profile  Visit pong's Homepage
i'm ok for I will run after you and His kingly cave, the version of SSMVGD are better. but, Humbold county Massacre, i prefer the b-side version, when he say "uh !" in the chorus.

- Pong

"i'll be on the first fligh"
Go to Top of Page

George42
- FB Fan -

USA
188 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2004 :  14:37:01  Show Profile
can you list the songs out that you included on your CD
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2004 :  03:13:30  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address
yes, what pong said

"I joined the Culf of Frank/ And now I do not know what...to do"
Go to Top of Page

Frog in the Sand
-+ Le premiere frog +-

France
2715 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2004 :  07:09:38  Show Profile  Visit Frog in the Sand's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by George42

can you list the songs out that you included on your CD

SSMVGD + the new Ep, Don't Clip Your Wings, Sugar Daddy, Pray For The Girls, Valley Of Our Hope, Everyone Is Wrong (live), Duke Of Earl.

I realize I've never read a line here about Valley Of Our Hope, which is a very good song, in the vein of DITS, though written one year before.
Go to Top of Page

interloper
= Cult of Ray =

440 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2004 :  09:53:24  Show Profile
You're crazy. 'Angst' is in my top faves. Id love to know who he's singing about.

Hand held shower nozzles are the demon enemy of the patriarch and should be destroyed.
Go to Top of Page

pong
= Cult of Ray =

France
315 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2004 :  11:27:41  Show Profile  Visit pong's Homepage
hey, don't forgot to put all the b-sides that there are not on oddballs : do nothing, living on soul, changing of the guards (and humbolt first version?).

- Pong

Go to Top of Page

GoddessTheory
= Cult of Ray =

USA
675 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2004 :  12:44:16  Show Profile
IMHO Pray for the Girls is Skipworthy.
Go to Top of Page

Frog in the Sand
-+ Le premiere frog +-

France
2715 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2004 :  00:09:55  Show Profile  Visit Frog in the Sand's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by pong

hey, don't forgot to put all the b-sides that there are not on oddballs : do nothing, living on soul, changing of the guards (and humbolt first version?).

These songs are great indeed, but 'Frogballs' is a compilation of rare / unreleased stuff, not a b-sides collection.
Go to Top of Page

pong
= Cult of Ray =

France
315 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2004 :  02:11:23  Show Profile  Visit pong's Homepage
ok... so, tell us the list of those songs

- Pong

Go to Top of Page

Frog in the Sand
-+ Le premiere frog +-

France
2715 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2004 :  07:25:55  Show Profile  Visit Frog in the Sand's Homepage
The songs are listed above.
Go to Top of Page

pong
= Cult of Ray =

France
315 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2004 :  10:52:28  Show Profile  Visit pong's Homepage
oh, i though a real list, the number exact of songs, and the order...

- Pong

Go to Top of Page

Frog in the Sand
-+ Le premiere frog +-

France
2715 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2004 :  09:53:42  Show Profile  Visit Frog in the Sand's Homepage
OK, let's go...

1. Constant Sorrow Man - 2. Pan American Highway - 3. SSMVGD - 4. Humboldt County Massacre - 5. Angst - 6. Sleep - 7. Sister Isabel - 8. Le Cigare Volant - 9. I Will Run After You - 10. His Kingly Cave - 11. Don't Clip Your Wings - 12. A Dab'll Do Ya - 13. Preacher's Daughter - 14. Show Me Your Tears - 15. Don't Clip Your Wings (live) - 16. Sugar Daddy - 17. Pray For The Girls - 18. Valley Of Our Hope - 19. Everyone Is Wrong (live) - 20. Duke Of Earl.
Go to Top of Page

kingphilbert
= Cult of Ray =

USA
356 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2004 :  18:58:20  Show Profile  Visit kingphilbert's Homepage
Interloper, the song Angst is about an old punk band named Angst. I have a live version or interview somewhere from when DITS came out and Frank tells the story behind the song.
Go to Top of Page

pong
= Cult of Ray =

France
315 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2004 :  03:00:15  Show Profile  Visit pong's Homepage
thanks frog ! but, i can't believe it : there's one song i don't know : "sugar daddy". where it came from?????

- Pong

Go to Top of Page

Frog in the Sand
-+ Le premiere frog +-

France
2715 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2004 :  03:43:43  Show Profile  Visit Frog in the Sand's Homepage
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000C3I9J/qid%3D1074857205/sr%3D11-1/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F1/002-8261012-9691248

Great song btw!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000