Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

riverfelix
- FB Fan -

Belgium
38 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2003 :  02:35:29  Show Profile  Visit riverfelix's Homepage
Who the f**ck is Avril Lavigne?
A hype created by the marketing department of a record label aimed at 15-year olds trying to rebel against ... against what?

She desperately tries to put up the image of a young independent strong woman, but as a matter of fact, she is always accompanied by people from her entourage that tell her exactly what she has to say to the media.

Recently, she was in Belgium and someone asked her a question about the war in Irak. Her "manager" immediately put an end to the interview and said "if that happens again you may forget the filming as well!" Let's face it, Avril Lavigne is 100% fake!!!
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
6116 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2003 :  06:19:24  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address
cuz i've got the feeling no one downloaded it:

http://www.yourmp3.net/download.php?ID=116537&K=dfe20ada51b4ac862d9bfdef761c96fa

it's so bad
man it's bad

''it's not a box, it's a submarine''

Edited by - billgoodman on 04/16/2003 06:21:23
Go to Top of Page

Brackish Girl
~ Soul Eater ~

Ireland
1750 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2003 :  12:36:17  Show Profile
that same guy keeps goin on about that. is it the one with an accoustic guitar and her makin the 'noises' with her mouth as he tells me?

if you say anything mean about kim, i'll kick ya in the shins!
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
6116 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2003 :  14:02:55  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address
it's dreadfull that's all

''it's not a box, it's a submarine''
Go to Top of Page

riverfelix
- FB Fan -

Belgium
38 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2003 :  07:01:21  Show Profile  Visit riverfelix's Homepage
I downloaded the ...eh..."song" already!
Please, - somebody -, put an end to this little girl's misery!!!

It's horrible!
Go to Top of Page

sylocibe
- FB Fan -

Spain
49 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2003 :  09:46:11  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Cactus

Speaking of Carson Daly Teenie Boopers....
In this weeks issue of Blender magazine there is an article with Spanish Teenie Boppers Las Ketchup. They are HUGE PIXIES FANS!

You can buy any of these album at your local Record Shop

Please, dont do it. Dont buy Ketchups´album. It REALLY REALLY SUCKS SUCKS.

A big, big FAN...
Go to Top of Page

BrendanT
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
907 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2003 :  12:10:51  Show Profile
Pixies on Lavigne's drummer's kick drum. Freaks the fuck out of me. Oh well - to each their own! Keep it out of my world though please.

Strummer-man
I had me a vision!

Buttercup! Bubbles! Let's go!
Go to Top of Page

PsychicTwin
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1772 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2003 :  13:51:41  Show Profile  Visit PsychicTwin's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by billgoodman

cuz i've got the feeling no one downloaded it:

http://www.yourmp3.net/download.php?ID=116537&K=dfe20ada51b4ac862d9bfdef761c96fa

it's so bad
man it's bad

"Bad" doesn't even begin to describe that. Try horrendously goddamn awful. I think my brain is hemorrhaging............
Go to Top of Page

Huey
- FB Fan -

28 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2003 :  15:07:43  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Grieves

Avril's ... absolutely gorgeous

get rid of the airbrusing, pit crew of stylists, and you're left with this:

http://www.kiss108.com/timages/page/avril/images/P1010005_jpg.jpg

Go to Top of Page

PixiesDeal
- FB Fan -

USA
61 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2003 :  15:40:43  Show Profile  Visit PixiesDeal's Homepage  Click to see PixiesDeal's MSN Messenger address
OH man, I get rolling stone mag. and they had Avril on the cover and she goes on to say that her band is introducing her to indie bands like the pixies. She said for her b-day, one of her band members got her the Pixies "doolittle" album and she said that she didn't like Debaser and didn't understand it.

Now i have to find the article to quote it haha.

peace, love and rock on,
nadia

"When people ask me what band I'm in and I say The Pixies, they say, 'Oh, it's an all-girl group, right?' I guess the name is pretty wimpy"-Kim Deal
Go to Top of Page

speedy_m
= Frankofile =

Canada
3581 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2003 :  16:49:29  Show Profile
why oh why read Rolling Stone? It has Avril on the cover, what other deterrant do you need? This magazine covers Britney, Justin, Christinia, etc. What's the bloody point? Just read Magnet or something.
Go to Top of Page

ProverbialCereal
- FB TabMaster -

USA
2953 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2003 :  18:35:09  Show Profile
I'm downloading her chop suey cover now... I'm scared...

-Derek
Go to Top of Page

Brackish Girl
~ Soul Eater ~

Ireland
1750 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2003 :  07:30:04  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Huey

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Grieves

Avril's ... absolutely gorgeous

get rid of the airbrusing, pit crew of stylists, and you're left with this:

http://www.kiss108.com/timages/page/avril/images/P1010005_jpg.jpg

shit! are you trying to give me a heartattack??? that was scary. i had to close it as soon as i saw it. well, i guess she aint that ugly but darn. it really looks like there is something wrong with her. and is she wearing a kingmaker jersey?? that would be funny.

in your face, space coyote!!
Go to Top of Page

ProverbialCereal
- FB TabMaster -

USA
2953 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2003 :  09:51:36  Show Profile
i think that photographer just caught her in the middle of a bad glance... as well as without any mascara or eyeliner on. on a scale of 1 - 10 her good looks usually get an 9, but in this picture it's a 3.

-Derek
Go to Top of Page

PsychicTwin
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1772 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2003 :  10:50:14  Show Profile  Visit PsychicTwin's Homepage
is she stoned or something? certainly looks like it
Go to Top of Page

Brackish Girl
~ Soul Eater ~

Ireland
1750 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2003 :  12:32:53  Show Profile
but shouldn't you guys be rating her on her personality!!??? lol.

Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2003 :  13:38:09  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage
She's ugly.
Go to Top of Page

PsychicTwin
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1772 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2003 :  15:35:36  Show Profile  Visit PsychicTwin's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by El Barto

She's ugly.

Yeah. And she sucks.
(Just in case that hasn't been firmly established a million times so far)
Go to Top of Page

NO.13Girl
- FB Fan -

USA
78 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2003 :  16:04:10  Show Profile  Visit NO.13Girl's Homepage  Click to see NO.13Girl's MSN Messenger address
Avril is a loser with mostly loser fans...I mean her whole image is made up anyway...she was originally a country singer...then they gave her the whole 'punk treatment'
And I doubt anyone but people like us noticed the pixies reference on the drums...

Fall on your face in those bad shoes
Go to Top of Page

Huey
- FB Fan -

28 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2003 :  16:41:40  Show Profile
manufactured bands make me sick....at least she has a band though...

i'm soooo sick of bands that just dance. i bet there isn't a member of any boy band that can actually play a musical instrument.

...oh, look at the talent, he can sing a song someone else wrote for him....:barf:...
Go to Top of Page

PixiesDeal
- FB Fan -

USA
61 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2003 :  00:12:00  Show Profile  Visit PixiesDeal's Homepage  Click to see PixiesDeal's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by speedy_m

why oh why read Rolling Stone? It has Avril on the cover, what other deterrant do you need? This magazine covers Britney, Justin, Christinia, etc. What's the bloody point? Just read Magnet or something.

hey man i only read it whenever they have something interesting, I was just bored. And I do read Devil In the Woods please don't hate me.

peace, love and rock on,
nadia

"When people ask me what band I'm in and I say The Pixies, they say, 'Oh, it's an all-girl group, right?' I guess the name is pretty wimpy"-Kim Deal
Go to Top of Page

Brackish Girl
~ Soul Eater ~

Ireland
1750 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2003 :  12:39:32  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by NO.13Girl

Avril is a loser with mostly loser fans...I mean her whole image is made up anyway...she was originally a country singer...then they gave her the whole 'punk treatment'
And I doubt anyone but people like us noticed the pixies reference on the drums...

really? she's just like charlotte church and leanne rhymes. they're these little fluffy kids who sing opera or something and our parents approve of them, then when they turn 15 they become slutty pop singers(i guess i could just saw pop singers) who are on the front of tabloid papers a lot.

Edited by - Brackish Girl on 07/02/2003 12:53:46
Go to Top of Page

speedy_m
= Frankofile =

Canada
3581 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2003 :  12:59:05  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by PixiesDeal

quote:
Originally posted by speedy_m

hey man i only read it whenever they have something interesting, I was just bored. And I do read Devil In the Woods please don't hate me.

peace, love and rock on,
nadia

I'm sorry Nadia, but I'm afraid my hate has already festered, and it will spill over into outright SoulSeek banning. Rolling Stone is fluff for music folk who think they know what time it is, and think RS is their source for the inside juice. Bollocks! Alright, I'm kidding, I still love you. But I do hate RS.

Edited by - speedy_m on 07/02/2003 12:59:55
Go to Top of Page

NO.13Girl
- FB Fan -

USA
78 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2003 :  20:05:37  Show Profile  Visit NO.13Girl's Homepage  Click to see NO.13Girl's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by Brackish Girl

quote:

really? she's just like charlotte church and leanne rhymes. they're these little fluffy kids who sing opera or something and our parents approve of them, then when they turn 15 they become slutty pop singers(i guess i could just saw pop singers) who are on the front of tabloid papers a lot.

Yeah, really...she's also supposed to be a really big fan of Shania Twain...
Her whole image is fake...and a lot of teens are buying it thinking she's oh so different...when she sounds just like everybody else

Go to Top of Page

ProverbialCereal
- FB TabMaster -

USA
2953 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2003 :  22:06:09  Show Profile
Avril Lavigne is the worst thing since unsliced bread.

-Derek
Go to Top of Page

miguel
- FB Fan -

USA
213 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2003 :  22:19:54  Show Profile  Visit miguel's Homepage
Everything is subjective. That old saying, "One man's trash is another man's treasure."
Go to Top of Page

Brackish Girl
~ Soul Eater ~

Ireland
1750 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2003 :  17:02:22  Show Profile
lol. a crazy man's treasure.

Today i realised frank is the greatest man alive. Go figure.
Go to Top of Page

thecomeons
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
60 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2003 :  06:08:01  Show Profile  Visit thecomeons's Homepage
sk8ter boy rocks. nobdy should tell you otherwise.

shit. wrong forum.

my manta is a ray
Go to Top of Page

ProverbialCereal
- FB TabMaster -

USA
2953 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2003 :  09:38:39  Show Profile
I actually have Avril Lavigne's album "Let Go." No I'm serious. My girlfriend won it as a prize for something at her college (bingo), and she gave it to me as a joke. No, I haven't listened to it yet. But don't worry, I will today.

-Derek
Go to Top of Page

Brackish Girl
~ Soul Eater ~

Ireland
1750 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2003 :  15:00:20  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by ProverbialCereal

I actually have Avril Lavigne's album "Let Go." No I'm serious. My girlfriend won it as a prize for something at her college (bingo), and she gave it to me as a joke. No, I haven't listened to it yet. But don't worry, I will today.

-Derek

i bet you really bought it full price at wal-mart as soon as it came out.

bored of the little comments. i guess i'll just have an actual signature. much shorter.
-Jessie
Go to Top of Page

Brackish Girl
~ Soul Eater ~

Ireland
1750 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2003 :  15:01:08  Show Profile
like me!!!

bored of the little comments. i guess i'll just have an actual signature. much shorter.
-Jessie
Go to Top of Page

ProverbialCereal
- FB TabMaster -

USA
2953 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2003 :  18:56:28  Show Profile
It's better than buying it on sale at Sam Goody's for $16.99. What's the deal when rip off chain-record stores have albums for $18.99? I'm very surprised those kinds of stores stay in business with their rip off prices. Hasn't everyone switched over to Best Buy by now?

-Derek
Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2003 :  21:07:08  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage
I refuse to shop at FYE. I will pay $15 at an indie store. Best Buy does have the lowest prices tho.

---------
FRANK BLACK SATAN WORKSHIP BLACK MASS
Go to Top of Page

blackpurse
= Cult of Ray =

USA
299 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2003 :  04:57:56  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Brackish Girl

quote:

As the mother of a 4-year-old girl who watches Nickelodeon, I'm gonna have to say a nice thing or two about Avril Lavinge. No, she's not Patti Smith, but after years of Britney sluttiness and "I'm NOTHING without a boy" lyrics, its refreshing to see the the role model being put out for little girls (manufactured or not) is a girl who appears to speak her own mind, dresses like something other than a stripper, plays her instrument and writes her songs and (in comparison to the other teen crap) ROCKS. And her songwriting isn't mind blowing, but it's fairly representative of what pre-teen/adolescent issues and worries are. I'll tell you, I'm glad Stella has her to watch instead of Britney or trying to worship wimpy boy bands. It doesn't matter to me or my 4 year old (or my friend's 12-year old) that Avril's image is manufactured or not. Its a much preferable role model than Cristina or Britney or the like.

Yes, as Stella grows older, I'll be teaching her to spot the fakery and BS, but I'm not expecting her to be able to do that until she hits teenagedom. Right now, I'm happy to see her enjoying catchy music made by someone who isn't necessarily overly glamourous. In the meantime, I'm proud to say that out little girl shares our love of Bowie, Black, and old school funk music.
Go to Top of Page

Brackish Girl
~ Soul Eater ~

Ireland
1750 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2003 :  14:18:26  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by blackpurse

plays her instrument .
[/quote]
no. 1 her instrument sure ain't the guitar. unless she likes D a lot(i shouldn't watch those videos.) and i just said parents would approve of her now!! but she'll grow up to be one of them!

-Jessie
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000