Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

johndietzel
= Cult of Ray =

Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
464 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2003 :  01:03:22  Show Profile  Visit johndietzel's Homepage
On Friday's (maybe a rerun?) Carson Daly show they had Avril Lagvrignene on (she's like a pop punk princess type, and has sold like kajillions of albums) and the kick drum had "PIXIES RULE" written in masking tape.

Here's hoping a bunch of pre-pube teenagers will see it and investigate, and help Frank make a bit more dough, while simultaneously raising the collective IQ of the good ol' USA. If even 1 in 20 guys eventually buy a Pixies disc or two, that'll mean like several hundred thousand units. And a few hundred thousand pairs of teenage eyes being opened.

----------------------
"Lance Hunt wears glasses. Captain Amazing doesn't wear glasses."--William "the Shoveler" Macy

Ebb Vicious
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1162 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2003 :  01:18:07  Show Profile  Visit Ebb Vicious's Homepage

i'm sure any moron fuckwads who watch carson daly and listen to avril lavigne think it was referring to the kind with wings and a magic wand.
Go to Top of Page

Visiting Sasquatch
= Cult of Ray =

USA
451 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2003 :  09:39:28  Show Profile
I hate pre-fab bands too, but damn! Avril looks really neat!
Go to Top of Page

fallus
- FB Fan -

Belgium
94 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2003 :  19:00:42  Show Profile  Visit fallus's Homepage
she looks very neat indeed and her songs are catchy (my 3 year old daughter loves them, although she keeps asking me why Avril smashes a car's window with a guitar, and if the owners of the car told her she could do this... she also really likes Rober Onion, which is a good thing, she always sings "Another Layer..." along) but it's way too pre-fab for me too... but I do appreciate they are pushing The Pixies to a new generation, which is exactly what I'm trying to do with all my younger friends, even though they are getting bored of me mentioning either The Pixies or Frank Black at least once a day... But I can't help it, Frank Black is a musical genious. Why can't peopole realise this? I think every person should realise this. Either that or give me lots of money.

I'm not making too much sense now am I? Guess I should go to bed...

This is not a signature.
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2003 :  22:39:18  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage
The 9yr old i live with likes her album too..haha..
Go to Top of Page

Ebb Vicious
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1162 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2003 :  23:07:25  Show Profile  Visit Ebb Vicious's Homepage
she looks like any other skinny 15 year old with twelve litres of makeup plastered to her face.
Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2003 :  23:32:44  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage
Haha, true...and she sucks in a way most other teenage girls don't (by writing shitty music).
Go to Top of Page

Visiting Sasquatch
= Cult of Ray =

USA
451 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2003 :  12:58:11  Show Profile
I didn't think she wrote her own music...so I guess she doesn't suck...nevermind.
Go to Top of Page

Ebb Vicious
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1162 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2003 :  12:58:56  Show Profile  Visit Ebb Vicious's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Visiting Sasquatch

I didn't think she wrote her own music...so I guess she doesn't suck...nevermind.

she claims to write her own lyrics. she probably just gets coaching on them.
Go to Top of Page

frankblackphx
= Cult of Ray =

USA
287 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2003 :  15:36:20  Show Profile  Visit frankblackphx's Homepage
She sounds pretty lousy live. I was pretty surprised. She sounds much better on her album.
Go to Top of Page

St. Francis
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
548 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2003 :  18:14:05  Show Profile
Have not read any of this thread but I though I would jump and mention that Carson Daily is a Twat

Brothers be on my jock 'cause the way I hold a piece of steel...
Go to Top of Page

Visiting Sasquatch
= Cult of Ray =

USA
451 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2003 :  19:01:32  Show Profile
But hey, it's either watching David Bowie on Carson Daly, or the latest get rich quick scam on late late night TV.
Go to Top of Page

Ebb Vicious
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1162 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2003 :  19:29:18  Show Profile  Visit Ebb Vicious's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by frankblackphx

She sounds pretty lousy live. I was pretty surprised. She sounds much better on her album.

shock of shocks, most recordings today have been digitally manipulated beyond all recognition and the "artists" *COUGH* sound nothing at all the same live!!! OMGWTFBBQ?!?!
Go to Top of Page

Chris Knight
= Cult of Ray =

USA
899 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2003 :  02:12:27  Show Profile  Visit Chris Knight's Homepage
Barbecue?
Go to Top of Page

Jim Cactus
- FB Fan -

15 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2003 :  13:30:06  Show Profile
Speaking of Carson Daly Teenie Boopers....
In this weeks issue of Blender magazine there is an article with Spanish Teenie Boppers Las Ketchup. They are HUGE PIXIES FANS!

Also Austrialian teenie bopper Rob Levitt has a song called "PIXIES" on his last albums. One of the lyrics is "FRANK & KIM WOULD NOT BE LEADERS/SO KIM DEAL STARTED THE BREEDERS

Also, there's a band on Grand Royal Records called LADIES WHO LUNCH, they have an album call KIMS WE LOVE and they do all PIXIES covers.

Also, Post-Grunge rock group from Memphis called HAGFISHES have a song called "FRANK BLACK". One of the lyrics is "CHANGE YOUR NAME FROM CHARLES to BLACK/ PLAY YOUR GUITAR AND DON'T LOOK BACK"

You can buy any of these album at your local Record Shop

My dandy voice makes the most anti-choice granny's panties moist
PB

Go to Top of Page

misterwoe
= Cult of Ray =

Greece
675 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2003 :  09:45:59  Show Profile  Visit misterwoe's Homepage
I think it is just awesome that most Frank Black fans are alike in the sense that we all hate manufactured, corporate sellouts. I don't want to come off as sounding jealous or anything because I'm not. I thrive on the underground scene. I can get as weird I want with my music (almost) and the underground fans just eat up. What is even better is that I know it is my music, my creativity. These other groups don't write their own songs. They're just in it for the cash. Oh well, I don't have to listen to it. It is cool, however, that PIXIES RULE was in sight virtually the entire show, or at least the one minute I wasted on it.

Leonard Cohen is cool.

"What the fuck are we doing in the desert?"
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
6116 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2003 :  06:18:34  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address
Avril sucks live, she did a cover of that System of a Down song Chop suey live, you should download it, it's hilarious...

''it's not a box, it's a submarine''
Go to Top of Page

Stuart
- The Clopser -

China
2291 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2003 :  10:02:29  Show Profile  Visit Stuart's Homepage
So you guys are all saying that Avril sucks..... and she's 15 right...... if I were you I wouldn't admit that as the FBI are clamping down on your sort, look what happened to Pete Townsend!!! 15 or not 15 I bet you she could suck a golf ball through a polo mint....
Go to Top of Page

ProverbialCereal
- FB TabMaster -

USA
2953 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2003 :  20:10:18  Show Profile
Carson Daly = idiot
Avril Lavigne = good looking and i think she is like 17/18 as opposed to 15. Either way, the music is fake and corny. But, crap, why do those songs get stuck in my head?! They are catchy.

I always wonder, if fake pop bands and other bands that suck so bad adore the pixies, you think they would get a clue and snap out of their crappy music making. Why let such a good influence go to waste? If Avril and her band love the pixies, why doth they indite such sappy music. There was something on MTV or something and it was talking about a certain designer who "dressed" and in a sense, made the image of Avril Lavigne. People have said she is the anti-britney spears and she doesn't think she is. You know what, she isn't! She is practically in the same category as Britney.

Derek
Go to Top of Page

EvanDandoso
- FB Fan -

3 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2003 :  09:48:23  Show Profile
, the reason they dont "snap out of thier crappy music making" is because they want to continue making money

I miss my stove :(
Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2003 :  20:18:12  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage
She's 18.
Go to Top of Page

Chip Away Boy
= Cult of Ray =

914 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2003 :  23:02:36  Show Profile
and boy does she get paid
Go to Top of Page

PsychicTwin
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1772 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2003 :  09:57:55  Show Profile  Visit PsychicTwin's Homepage
Carson Daly, Avril Lavigne, and all pre-fab pop crap that pollutes the tv & radio airwaves in this day and age can suck a fart out of my asshole and hold their breath.
I am, personally, appalled that Avril Lavigne would even consider linking her influences, musical or otherwise, to the Pixies. she sucks, her music sucks, and the Pixies RULE. i see no correlation whatsoever. I'm sure that 99% of the half-wit shit-for-brain dickheads that listen to her music wouldn't even be able to APPRECIATE the Pixies or Frank Black because they wouldn't be poppy or accessible enough for their puny minds.
Go to Top of Page

ProverbialCereal
- FB TabMaster -

USA
2953 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2003 :  15:25:02  Show Profile
PsychicTWin - why did you have to go and make things so complicated?

Derek
Go to Top of Page

therewererumours
* Dog in the Sand *

Ireland
1240 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2003 :  16:39:13  Show Profile  Visit therewererumours's Homepage
Dressed up....in all....your preppy cloths ummmm.....(quick someone else take it)!!!

"Did you ever see a bicycle-shaped-coffin?"
Go to Top of Page

cheshireycat
- FB Fan -

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2003 :  23:16:07  Show Profile
quote:
Haha, true...and she sucks in a way most other teenage girls don't (by writing shitty music).

you literally made me laugh out loud. that's so true.
i really think it's actually a shame if anyone in that band actually listens to the pixies. it just makes them more fake, because if they truly had any taste, they wouldn't make that music. catchy, yes, but also very crappy. i think they only like it, if they do and they don't mean fairies, because of the KIND of music it is, or they'd take it to heart and use it as influence or something. american pop culture sucks for the reason that people like things because of their category and not its quality. am i being too stereotypical in saying this? i mean, isn't avril's music a PIECE OF JUNK because of this? it's so simple, immature, POINTLESSLY rebellious and anti-norm and anti-pop culture (although quite hypocritical), "in-your-face," and worst of all, hopelessly and terribly cliche. i mean, other than really bad food, what's worse than really bad art? is it even artistic anymore?

anyway, what's the deal with all the hate for carson daly? i think he's cool. i mean, i don't like mtv or trl, but who cares? i think he's an interesting and charismatic guy, so i don't understand what people find so wrong with him. i'd appreciate any enlightenment on the issue, however, if you feel you have any. i think that the fact that he works for mtv isn't really a reason to dislike the guy. if i could have that job i'd probably take it, too.

-it's a shame, i'm covered in fleas.-
Go to Top of Page

cheshireycat
- FB Fan -

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2003 :  23:22:11  Show Profile
AND, i'm pretty sure that she writes her own music. in fact, i'm pretty sure she wouldn't pay anyone for that crap if it wasn't her writing it. i mean, what's up with the skater boy and preppy girl song? it's like, hi, i'm avril and he's a skater boy so he's good and she's preppy girl so she's bad and that is the sum of what all my thoughts are composed of. i'm retarded.

Go to Top of Page

PsychicTwin
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1772 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2003 :  09:11:53  Show Profile  Visit PsychicTwin's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by ProverbialCereal

PsychicTWin - why did you have to go and make things so complicated?

Derek

I consider it my god-given duty to complicate things!
Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2003 :  12:41:09  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage
quote:
anyway, what's the deal with all the hate for carson daly? i think he's cool. i mean, i don't like mtv or trl, but who cares?

I think Jimmy Fallon said it best when he would impersonate Carson on SNL and say "Hi, I'm Carson Daly, and I'm a massive tool." Triumph The Insult Comic Dog had it right at the VMA's when he said "Carson Daly so handsome, so studly, so FRIGGIN DULL!" I think he's a huge phoney, I don't like him. Like, one day he's like "Yo yo what's up what's up I'm here with Eminem" and the next he's like "Hey dudes, I'm here rockin out with Blink 182." I dunno...he's very annoying. And Jimmy Fallon has/had it right on when he would impersonate Carson on SNL and say "Hi, I'm Carson Daly, and I'm a massive tool."

Edited by - El Barto on 03/12/2003 12:42:55
Go to Top of Page

Itchload
= Cult of Ray =

USA
891 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2003 :  16:48:23  Show Profile
I hate Carson Dailey because one time he had John Cleese on and John Cleese talked about how he likes classical music and how his daughter listens to rap and Carson said "yeah, see we find that boring" WE--like all us kiddies are on Carson's side and he's the patron saint of what we all like. Then he started talking about how all the old guys on the show always talk about how they don't get rap music...naturally Carson feels it though, cause he's so multi-dimensional (read: chameleonlike). Oh and El Barto, I liked Jimmy Fallon's impression of him too till i saw Jimmy Fallon and on Carson's show and they were all buddy buddy, so basically Jimmy sold out.
Go to Top of Page

cheshireycat
- FB Fan -

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2003 :  23:43:45  Show Profile
eh, i dunno. see, part of the man's job is to be fake. i didn't like him when i was only familiar with him on trl, but when i saw last call a few times (how can one sleep after spending a wonderful hour with conan?), i kinda grew to him. i actually think he's smart and funny.
and, jimmy isn't selling out either, in my opinion--he's doing his job. he's being funny on snl and putting a good word for himself out on talk shows and the junk. i mean, jimmy may haven't have even written that "massive tool" sketch. he's just young and resembles carson daly more than anyone else on the snl cast, and was just the perfect person for the part.

Go to Top of Page

samuel
- FB Fan -

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2003 :  14:49:02  Show Profile
jimmy is mikey myers part two, carson is a queery to me so i dont watch although i do pray to him everynight...isnt he catholic?
and as far as the avril PIXIES RULE bs...bad publicity is better than no publicity...soon, if those teenies grow up theyll learn the difference between crap music and black music...

keep the faith

yer all choked up fuck,

samwell
Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2003 :  16:36:26  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage
i would say jimmy is more adam sandlar than mike meyers.
Go to Top of Page

Mr Grieves
- FB Fan -

88 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2003 :  03:56:13  Show Profile  Visit Mr Grieves's Homepage  Click to see Mr Grieves's MSN Messenger address
Avril's 18 as far as I know. And she's absolutely gorgeous, if a bit shite musically!

The Dandy Warhols have a song called Cool As Kim Deal. That was tyhe first time I'd heard of her or the Pixies. It's a class song too, off their ...Come Down album. Check it out.

They got a ranch they call No. 51!
Go to Top of Page

Mr Grieves
- FB Fan -

88 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2003 :  03:58:33  Show Profile  Visit Mr Grieves's Homepage  Click to see Mr Grieves's MSN Messenger address
Also, on a similar note, I've seen publicity pictures for Good Charlotte (not-awfully-good pop-punkers) where one of them's wearing a Death To The Pixies T-shirt. The bastard - I want one of them!

They got a ranch they call No. 51!
Go to Top of Page

Brackish Girl
~ Soul Eater ~

Ireland
1750 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2003 :  14:55:28  Show Profile
i had to bring this up, cos i like discussing avril lavig-nee!
this guy in school really likes her(i hate him, we have regular arguments who are the better band out of the breeders and rancid('tim!''kim!''tim!''kim!'))but he does admit i do a cool impression of avril. this consists of two minutes of 'duuuh, i like, uuuh, nurvvvvvaaaanaaa...'and 'i like knives and thraaaaaashing hotel rooms!'all in a weird canadian surfer accent(is there such a thing?). ooh, i'm gonna get that dandy warhols album! i dont have anyting by them and i want to so i'll get that.

if you say anything mean about kim, i'll kick ya in the shins!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000