god's face? - calling all frank black experts
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sonicpisces
- FB Fan -

3 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2002 :  11:08:43  Show Profile
long story short: i was at the frank black concert at the horseshoe tavern in toronto canada on november 2nd, 2002. the second song of the second set (played right after wave of mutilation) was a song that i didn't completely recognize & would love to be able to track down. all i recall is lyrics about the face of god, or god's face, or something about god, something about a face, something religious. i know, i know...not very specific for frank black and the catholics, but this is the best i can do.

so, if you have any clue what song i'm talking about *or* if you were at the saturday show at the horseshoe in toronto, i'd love to hear from you.

thanks,
core.

Edited by - sonicpisces on 11/25/2002 11:09:33

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2002 :  11:24:16  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage
"I have seen the face of God, and I was not afraid."

That's Manitoba...it's a new song, should be out on the next album.

www.thebennies.com
Go to Top of Page

BrendanT
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
907 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2002 :  12:06:57  Show Profile
You can download it off of the Ftp site here through the forum. Go to the Ftp forum and click on the cbc discussion. The link will be about 3/4 of the way down through the discussion.

Strummer-man
I had me a vision!

Why should I leave America for America junior?
Go to Top of Page

sonicpisces
- FB Fan -

3 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2002 :  12:49:48  Show Profile
thank you ;)
Go to Top of Page

WolfManMikeLonely
= Cult of Ray =

USA
936 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2002 :  22:47:00  Show Profile  Visit WolfManMikeLonely's Homepage
On the same token I saw Frank Black and the Catholics in DC last Saturday at the Black Cat and he played a song with the line "And for the first time in my life I don't care." that really stuck out but I don't know what song it is, I'm not really well versed in Catholics material but I would love to know what song that was.

"Hey fuck you if you don't like it."
-Johnny Thunders
Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2002 :  07:13:54  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage
"And for the first time in my life I don't care"

That's another new song called Horrible Day. From what I gather, they've been playing three new songs from the next album: (There Goes?) Nadine, Horrible Day, and Manitoba. Horrible Day is also known as "Beautiful Day/Horrible Day," but after seeing him mouth only "Horrible Day" to the band before they played it, I think it's safe to call it that.

www.thebennies.com
Go to Top of Page

WolfManMikeLonely
= Cult of Ray =

USA
936 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2002 :  08:58:19  Show Profile  Visit WolfManMikeLonely's Homepage
Cool, well then the songs that really stuck out from the second DC show for me were mostly new songs can't wait for the next record then. Thanks.

"Hey fuck you if you don't like it."
-Johnny Thunders
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000