PLEASE!! Bigger Venue in Edmonton
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

s7ark
- FB Fan -

2 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  10:50:55  Show Profile
If anyone has any contact with the organizers of this tour can you please let them know that the Edmonton show sold out in 15 minutes. Can they please move it to a bigger venue? The Shaw conference center holds 5000+ I know they could easily get that. There are many places around town that can hold more then Reds. Please. I know about 20 people who are dying to go and NONE of them managed to get any tickets at all.

I have been wanting to see the pixies my whole life. I even checked the Calgary and Vancouver shows and they are sold out too.

Kyle
- FB Fan -

14 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  16:17:59  Show Profile
Try saskatoon
Go to Top of Page

Amazed
- FB Fan -

178 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  17:11:02  Show Profile
The Venue will NOT be changed the only 3 other venues are booked that night Shaw Confence center (Pool tourny) , Northlands Agricom (Car Show), Rexall (WWE Wrestling)!
Go to Top of Page

kromkamp
= Cult of Ray =

291 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  18:49:08  Show Profile
No offence, but if it really took 15 minutes to sell out, how could you not have gotten any? Thats a long time in internet time. If you werent at a computer when they went on sale, you're not that big a fan.
Go to Top of Page

Vidman
- FB Fan -

12 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  20:03:40  Show Profile
I think it actually sold out in 3 or 4 minutes (maybe less) I tried to get tickets about 4 minutes in and they were already gone.

At least I have my Calgary tix already :)

Pixies playing in a shopping mall. Whoda Thunk???
Go to Top of Page

rav75
- FB Fan -

Canada
24 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  20:41:51  Show Profile  Click to see rav75's MSN Messenger address
I think the idea the pixies had as you can probably decipher is that they wanted to play out of the way shows at small venues. While Red's is a wierd venue, it's still a little more intimate than Shaw.

I hope you and your buddies manage to get tix somehow....the internet sold out in Edmonton in about 10 minutes I believe....Red's, blackbyrd and Listen didn't open their doors until 10 am....but I imagine everything in Edmonon was gone by noon.....
Go to Top of Page

freakforfrank
- FB Fan -

Canada
8 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2004 :  18:45:11  Show Profile
Tickets for Edmonton have not been released to the so-far fortunate online/phone buyers yet, so keep up hope.

Ticketmaster sez the tix will be released to those online/phone buyers by thurs this week.

Rumour has it they may put it in Shaw if they go anywhere larger...Agricom maybe, but less likely. Keep watching and checking ticketmaster...you might get lucky yet.
Go to Top of Page

Amazed
- FB Fan -

178 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2004 :  22:42:51  Show Profile
K obviously "YOU DIDNT READ MY POST" Those venues are BOOKED!!!
Go to Top of Page

freakforfrank
- FB Fan -

Canada
8 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  06:17:38  Show Profile
Amazed - sorry, I didn't spot that post.

Regardless, the Shaw can be split into 2 or more halls with walls they roll out, I do believe. Any idea how big that pool tourney is supposed to be? Personally, I'd prefer not Shaw, saw Pearl Jam there and it was insane.
Go to Top of Page

Amazed
- FB Fan -

178 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  11:08:46  Show Profile
they are gonna have 90 pool tables in shaw for that weekend
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page