Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

The Calistanian
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1342 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  12:54:42  Show Profile
I'm surprised at all the new FB fans (i.e.: "Pistolero is my second album" or "I just ordered it"). That's great though.

Skeleton Man is the track of choice on Pistolero.

Don't read any reviews from neutral people...they don't know anything.
Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  13:17:26  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage
I'm with you, Treo Black. Devil's Workshop is probably my least favorite FB album. I listened to it the other day, and in light of all the other top knotch albums, it appears so weak. Heloise is one of his best tracks, though.

"Join the Cult of Brit / And let your oral hygiene go out the window."
Go to Top of Page

The Calistanian
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1342 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  13:32:41  Show Profile
Devil's Workshop also has the wrong font size on the track time after "Out of State". How did that get past the editors?
Go to Top of Page

Black Noise Maker
- FB Fan -

Australia
12 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  23:46:22  Show Profile
I too am waiting on Pistolero - the last of the FB&C CD's to complete my collection. Unfortunately, this will be the 4th copy I have oredered as the previous 3 have a glitch on the cd, all in the same spot, during the guitar solo in I Love Your Brain. All cd's are from a label called What Are Records. Can anyone enlighten me?

What are you talkin' 'bout today?...
and what was that you say?
Go to Top of Page

prozacrat
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1186 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2004 :  00:21:17  Show Profile  Visit prozacrat's Homepage  Click to see prozacrat's MSN Messenger address
I was planning on listening to Pistolero today. I can understand it needing to grow on you. However, I Switched You knocked me on my ass the first time I heard it and still does. And I think Western Star is one of the most quintessential rock songs ever written anywhere.

"And her head has no room."
Go to Top of Page

IceCream
= Quote Accumulator =

USA
1850 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2004 :  00:32:29  Show Profile  Visit IceCream's Homepage
Treo Black, did the record come yet?
Go to Top of Page

Treo Black
- FB Fan -

Finland
26 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2004 :  02:15:30  Show Profile
Yes it did, haven't been listening to anything else since Friday. Pistolero is really rocking, and oh how I love it already. It's incredible how different all the albums of FB&C are, if I ever get tired to one of them (because of too enthustiastic listening), I'll just pick another record and put it on. And the catalogue will grow, that's so good for my mental health, light at the end of tunnel. Hmm, do I need another records at all?

Pistolero sounds great. There were a couple of songs I had heard before; Bad Harmony, I Want Rock & Roll and also So. Bay. Hadn't hear those for a while, so in the beginning (after 1-2 spins) those were my favourites. You know, theory of growers. There are few beautiful songs, like Western Star, but now after ca. 10-12 spins, I noticed to like the rocking ones more.

My favoutite (for now) is Smoke Up. Just startred to listen to it again, to think about the reasons I love it so I could write it here but I can't. It doesn't need any explanations, it's so beautiful. Can't concentrate on writing while listening to it.

I'm just so happy.

Now I'm just employed
Go to Top of Page

tonvv
- FB Fan -

Netherlands
19 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2004 :  15:03:32  Show Profile
Bad Harmony does it for me.....
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page