New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

alstar
- FB Fan -

Australia
23 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2004 :  19:23:43  Show Profile
First FB&TC cancel there shows in Australia and now there is no mention of the Pixies even think of touring Down Under. I for one know that they could successfully tour Oz, play small venues and sell them out. I can't believe that people are posting for them to play other shows than the festivals they are scheduled to play. I would love them to play the Big Day Out, if that was the only way I could see them.
If they do tour Japan hopefully they will tour Australia.

Sheamus
= Cult of Ray =

Australia
345 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2004 :  16:48:06  Show Profile  Visit Sheamus's Homepage  Click to see Sheamus's MSN Messenger address
I would hate them to play the BDO. I hate festivals. I'd prefer them to play Livid if they had to play a festival, but they'd have to do some side shows to. Anyway, I asked Frank this in his thread in the main FB forum, make of it what you will:

Helmut
= Cult of Ray =

315 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2004 :  17:16:17  Show Profile  Click to see Helmut's MSN Messenger address
Pixies Downunder would be awesome. There are no shortage of fans here. The East Coast LIVID festival in October would fit in well with Pixies reunion tour schedule, provided it isn't just a northern hemisphere summer thing. Anyway, if the Pixies don't come here, I hope FB comes back to do shows after the reunion tour is over considering he pulled the pin on the OZ tour last year...
Go to Top of Page

jet1972
- FB Fan -

Australia
8 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  03:34:36  Show Profile
yeah, until they announce a tour to Oz/NZ and even our Sth African buds, I propose that this sub-forum be changed from "All over the World -- Pixies Live!" to "All over Europe and North America -- Pixies Live".

hmmmm.

there's alot of people who'd like to see the pixies in oz and i was pretty disappointed that FB cancelled his solo tour in Aug 2003.
(it's the 2nd time he's done it to me....the other time was in London, early 1999).

The only time most I got to see him was at the Phoenician Club in Syndey supported by Custard......bloody brilliant.

please come down here!!!!!!!

cheers
jason

======================
great....coming to Australia, then??? hmmm, didn't think so
Go to Top of Page

Erebus
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1834 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  06:49:59  Show Profile
Man, you guys really got it rough. North America and Europe drooling in anticipation while you get to read about it. Though I generally hesitate to speak for everyone, I'm sure all of us hope you get to see both FB&C and the Pixies soon. Hang in there.
Go to Top of Page

jet1972
- FB Fan -

Australia
8 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2004 :  00:19:45  Show Profile
lets hope so......the exchange rate is as good as its gonna get....

======================
great....coming to Australia, then??? hmmm, didn't think so
Go to Top of Page

offerw
* Dog in the Sand *

South Africa
1264 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2004 :  07:06:00  Show Profile  Click to see offerw's MSN Messenger address
Thanks that you mention us South African fans. I doubt if a Pixies, FB&TC or Breeders show will EVER happen on these shores. Three of us are flying out to London for a show, that is if this ticketing mess is sorted out. I'm probably gonna end up homeless after all the expenses but this is my only chance to see the Pixies.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000