New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

holidaysong
- FB Fan -

Ireland
164 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2004 :  12:03:12  Show Profile
Is it just me or is this gig gna be very strange..most of the tickets are sold already to people who don't even no the pixies.bought my ticket anyway yesterday,this better not be a sick joke!! Pixies better get a long set!!

Edited by - El Barto on 02/07/2004 15:47:33

pudmeister
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
159 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2004 :  12:56:55  Show Profile
I agree, im not going all the way to ireland for 40 minutes!, although actually i would. And I might leave before the peppers, cos there are gonna be 100,000 RHCP fans who dunno anything before Californication!

"Looking through the eye of a pig I see it all" - Cypress Hill
Go to Top of Page

Foucaults Dog
- FB Fan -

Ireland
124 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2004 :  07:27:55  Show Profile
Re sick joke thing, I too am afraid. I actually gave the chilis the benefit of the doubt enough times and they were alswys crap. They do have a habit of good supports though, remember ole Frankie Boy at Sunstroke!
Go to Top of Page

plannet of black
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
66 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2004 :  07:34:36  Show Profile
thats whats shit about all this 'supporting and festival' lark. The tickets will sell out - but who shall be there. a fan or foe?

This Aint No Rock n Roll Town...
Go to Top of Page

Foucaults Dog
- FB Fan -

Ireland
124 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2004 :  08:02:38  Show Profile
If this is a one off, I'd rather share the experience with some like-minded folk in a more intimate setting. I think appreciation is the crux of the biscuit
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2004 :  10:51:50  Show Profile
I think that bloody gig is already sold-out in advance....bit crap if that's the only show they play here!
Go to Top of Page

holidaysong
- FB Fan -

Ireland
164 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2004 :  12:57:50  Show Profile
Nope tickets are not even near being sold out..the tickets been on sale since December.RHCP were struggling to shift 100,000 tickets so they needed the Pixies on board too :) Headlining Witnness would have been better me thinks..and for once its great to laugh at Brits not having the good concerts and we getting them over here!
Go to Top of Page

Homers_pet_monkey
= Official forum monkey =

United Kingdom
17125 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2004 :  13:03:13  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by holidaysong

Nope tickets are not even near being sold out..the tickets been on sale since December.RHCP were struggling to shift 100,000 tickets so they needed the Pixies on board too :) Headlining Witnness would have been better me thinks..and for once its great to laugh at Brits not having the good concerts and we getting them over here!

Eh? What'yu talkin' 'bout Willis?!?!?! Such as?
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2004 :  10:24:30  Show Profile
Hot Press suggests they're gonna do Witness, although it's not confirmed.
Go to Top of Page

Pretty Unfaithful
- FB Fan -

Ireland
1 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2004 :  12:55:18  Show Profile  Click to see Pretty Unfaithful's MSN Messenger address
Tom Dunne said they will definitely not play Witnness. Its a shame. The Chili's are the last band I wanted to fork out €60 for. But to see the Pixies.. even for those lousy €40 minutes is priceless..

Maybe they were unsure and are just testing the water?..
Go to Top of Page

Brackish Girl
~ Soul Eater ~

Ireland
1750 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2004 :  14:02:16  Show Profile
yay! i said they'd come!!! stop being so down anout it, this is like the best thing in my life right now.

signatures suck.
Go to Top of Page

queeny
- FB Fan -

Ireland
2 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2004 :  14:45:15  Show Profile
Can you imagine all the twats who are gonna be there, urrrgghhh... But all the pixies fans will push everyone out of the way, and barge down to the front, so there should be a good atmosphere. Seriously dont undersatnd why they are supporting them though, why cant they do their own gig! Sniffle...
Go to Top of Page

darragh
- FB Fan -

Ireland
50 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2004 :  14:58:18  Show Profile  Visit darragh's Homepage
yeah, got my ticket yesterday. We should all start booing the chillis when they come on. That'd learn them.
Go to Top of Page

holidaysong
- FB Fan -

Ireland
164 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2004 :  16:04:31  Show Profile
Does it have "The Pixies" printed on the tickets now?...i bought mine on net aint been posted yet...hope it doesn't just say RHCP + special guests...for memerobilia sakes...
Go to Top of Page

Homers_pet_monkey

United Kingdom
17125 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2004 :  01:16:37  Show Profile
I think it will do I'm afraid!
Go to Top of Page

hybrid
- FB Fan -

Ireland
42 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2004 :  01:19:04  Show Profile  Click to see hybrid's MSN Messenger address
i bought my ticket yesterday and it still said 'plus guests' - but the plesant chubby lady confirmed that the pixies were the support, which was enough for me.
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2004 :  10:13:02  Show Profile
AW NO! Although I would'nt mind seeing the Chillis, 'though I've really gone of them in the last couple of years, not too keen on there newer stuff. I wanna see the Pixies headline their OWN show!!
Go to Top of Page

pudmeister
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
159 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2004 :  11:09:58  Show Profile
The chili's are actually fucking good live, ive seen them about 4 times and at 2 of the gigs i felt like leaving cos of the wankers in the crowd.

The second they came on, me and my mate were about 15 or so rows back, a bit tipsy and jumping about as you do at a rock show, right? Wrong, according to about 20 people(daytime radio listeners and frequent bon jovi, U2,coldplay ect.concert go-ers ) they got seriously pissed off and starting swearing bad remarks etc.
ITS A FUCKING ROCK SHOW!!
Thats why i cant wait for the phoenix gig cos these pricks are gonna see what rock music is about and who created the modern rock scene.
I also think the chilis new stuff sounds rather Pixie-ish and so does any other rock band at the moment. Im glad jonny greenwood admits it cos i hate radiohead!

Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2004 :  11:14:22  Show Profile
Yeah, a coupla chord progressions here and ther sound a little Pixesque.
Go to Top of Page

Homers_pet_monkey

United Kingdom
17125 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2004 :  13:11:48  Show Profile
They sound nothing like the Pixies!!!
Go to Top of Page

Brackish Girl
~ Soul Eater ~

Ireland
1750 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2004 :  15:11:22  Show Profile
is this definetly gonna be the only gig in ireland? thats pretty mean.

signatures suck.
Go to Top of Page

plannet of black
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
66 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2004 :  06:13:06  Show Profile
Are you all on about the RHCP gig in ireland??? or are the pixies gonna support them in UK too????

This Aint No Rock n Roll Town...
Go to Top of Page

Newo
~ Abstract Brain ~

Spain
2673 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2004 :  07:45:18  Show Profile  Click to see Newo's MSN Messenger address
Pixies are supporting RHCP on the auld sod? I turn my back for what one year and look what happens. Should be the other way round.

"You one of those right wing nut outfits?" inquired the diplomatic Metzger.
Fallopian twinkled. "They accuse us of being paranoids."
"They?" inquired Metzger, twinkling also.
"Us?" asked Oedipa.
Go to Top of Page

Brackish Girl
~ Soul Eater ~

Ireland
1750 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2004 :  15:12:15  Show Profile
actually, there's now an ad saying the rhcp are supporting the pixies. things are as they should be.
Go to Top of Page

Mr W
- FB Fan -

2 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2004 :  15:34:07  Show Profile
Folks

Can we organise to bombard MCD with requests for a show before or after the RHCP gig!!

Go to Top of Page

Newo
~ Abstract Brain ~

Spain
2673 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  09:49:39  Show Profile  Click to see Newo's MSN Messenger address
S´what I like to hear.

--
"You one of those right wing nut outfits?" inquired the diplomatic Metzger.
Fallopian twinkled. "They accuse us of being paranoids."
"They?" inquired Metzger, twinkling also.
"Us?" asked Oedipa.
Go to Top of Page

holidaysong
- FB Fan -

Ireland
164 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  11:51:57  Show Profile
where u hear that rhcp now supporting brackish girl? friend of mine said she heard it on radio too..
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  09:09:17  Show Profile
No, no, no...the ad is for the Pixies, SUPPORTING the peppas.
Go to Top of Page

Foucaults Dog
- FB Fan -

Ireland
124 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  10:50:49  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by pudmeister

The chili's are actually fucking good live, ive seen them about 4 times and at 2 of the gigs i felt like leaving cos of the wankers in the crowd.

The second they came on, me and my mate were about 15 or so rows back, a bit tipsy and jumping about as you do at a rock show, right? Wrong, according to about 20 people(daytime radio listeners and frequent bon jovi, U2,coldplay ect.concert go-ers ) they got seriously pissed off and starting swearing bad remarks etc.
ITS A FUCKING ROCK SHOW!!
Thats why i cant wait for the phoenix gig cos these pricks are gonna see what rock music is about and who created the modern rock scene.
I also think the chilis new stuff sounds rather Pixie-ish and so does any other rock band at the moment. Im glad jonny greenwood admits it cos i hate radiohead!

Did you have an aural problem...The Chilis are probably the worst live band I've ever heard. I was actually a fan untill I saw them live. I even gave them the benefit of the doubt four times over the last 14 years and they've never been able to cut it. Their first Irish gig in the SFX was saved by Henry Rollins but they were pactically booed off stage by some seriously dissapointed fans. The only reason they can still sell tickets is because 'All Saints' version of under the bridge got them a whole new following of middle of the road fans and kids that wouldn't know a good gig if it bit them on the arse. They are quite nice blokes all the same, I met them in The Baggot Inn 10 years back and they bought me a pint. So not to get personal or anything...but as a live band, bag o shite.

Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  10:54:10  Show Profile
They're popularity has gone through the roof in the last while.

CARL.

I've joined, but hav'nt sent any $(boo!)
Go to Top of Page

holidaysong
- FB Fan -

Ireland
164 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  16:46:48  Show Profile
They very popular alrite but cos they sold out slane last year they thought they cud shift 100,000 plus ticket for pheonix park....they needed the pixies on the bill to sell it out. thats wat ill tell myself anyway as FB and co. leave the stage only for them clowns to appear to play some shite they wrote when off their faces on heroin....
Go to Top of Page

porkbone1
= Cult of Ray =

USA
390 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2004 :  09:59:30  Show Profile  Visit porkbone1's Homepage
On the U2 ZOOTV tour, my brother-in-law almost got in a fight with a couple of guys. They were standing behind him during the Pixies set, talking trash about the Pixies and how they should clear the stage for U2. He turned around and told them, "You know what? I came here just for the Pixies, and I could care less about U2. Therefore, I don't care if I get arrested for kicking your ass now."
Go to Top of Page

bazza
* Dog in the Sand *

Ireland
1439 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2004 :  10:04:29  Show Profile
hi there fellow irish fans. i can confirm (from a very reliable source) that:

1. pixies are 2nd last band on (before RHCP) and are not headlining.
2. tickets are almost sold out.

cheers

Television! Teacher, mother, secret lover.

Edited by - bazza on 02/15/2004 10:05:21
Go to Top of Page

IceCream
= Quote Accumulator =

USA
1850 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2004 :  10:11:30  Show Profile  Visit IceCream's Homepage
Thanks, Barry. Even though I have no plans to go, it's still good to know.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000