Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 Frank Black Making Noise
 Billboard: Lovering 1st One Quoted on Reunion!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

The New Bolero
= Cult of Ray =

394 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  09:36:59  Show Profile
http://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=2082477
The much-ballyhooed reunion of seminal alternative rock act the Pixies is getting off the ground. Beyond a previously announced May 1 appearance at the Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival in Indio, Calif., the group is now confirmed to open for the Red Hot Chili Peppers on June 15 at Paris' Parc Des Princes. The quartet has not played live together since disbanding in 1993.

Sources have confirmed to Billboard.com that dates are being booked, and guitarist/vocalist Frank Black's unofficial Web site reports that the Pixies will first embark on a North American warm-up tour that will lead up to the Coachella appearance. A full-scale tour will follow, encompassing both North America and summer European festivals.
Despite all the plans, drummer David Lovering told Billboard.com last week that the group has yet to begin rehearsing. Asked if he looked forward to the prospect of reconvening with Black, guitarist Joey Santiago and bassist Kim Deal, he replied, "Absolutely. I'd given up drums for a long time. I haven't played them in years and years. It would just be fun to do it again. We just have fun playing."

Indeed, Lovering has spent the past six years working as professional magician, a pursuit he says is made possible by the ongoing interest in the Pixies' formidable legacy. "I appreciate that it's still sustaining me -- it keeps selling records," he said. "It shows there is some fan base out there [because] it keeps going over and over to a whole new audience of 18-year-olds."

As previously reported, to coincide with the reunion, 4AD/Beggars Banquet is eyeing the release of a new Pixies retrospective as well as a DVD featuring music videos and a full 1988 concert.

It would appear that Black is forgoing a tour in support of his upcoming spinART double-album "Frank Black Francis" in favor of roadwork with the Pixies. As exclusively revealed here last week, Black has already begun making plans for another new album, to be recorded with the assistance of Nashville session musicians.

mdisanto
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1140 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  09:51:09  Show Profile  Visit mdisanto's Homepage
we reported they were going on a north american warm up tour?

-miked
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  10:52:55  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address
yes, dave did, on the main page

"I joined the Cult of Frank/Nobody wanted to join my Culf"
Go to Top of Page

mdisanto
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1140 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  12:09:11  Show Profile  Visit mdisanto's Homepage
ahh touche... anyone notice how slow the site has been, probably becuase everyones searching up pixies news.

-miked
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  13:58:12  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address
yes, it was the cause of my double posts, the server went blank 10 times when I was replying and so I submitted it again and again. Knowing it was a mistake to do that very soon afterwards, I tried to delete those replies, but there was a server error all the time so I didn't bother to try after awhile.

Sorry for all the double posts!

Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  14:23:27  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage
Wow, Billboard quoted us, hehe. Good shit. We're movin on up! This server is going to be *SLAMMED* for a long time...

"Join the Cult of Brit / And let your oral hygiene go out the window."
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  22:49:36  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage
Yeah, slow day today, but i actually think it was something else with the server..weird behaviour..

All seems good now tho!

Kicks ass that we're in there tho...i'm really surprised there's been no news on MTV, Rolling Stone or Pitchfork...i guess Janet Jackson's right boob is more important.

Join the Cult of the Flying Pigxies - I'm A Believer!
Go to Top of Page

anazgnos
= Cult of Ray =

USA
381 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  23:03:34  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Noisy

Yeah, slow day today, but i actually think it was something else with the server..weird behaviour..

All seems good now tho!

Kicks ass that we're in there tho...i'm really surprised there's been no news on MTV, Rolling Stone or Pitchfork...i guess Janet Jackson's right boob is more important.

Join the Cult of the Flying Pigxies - I'm A Believer!

it was a bit anticlimactic, because as far as those guys were concerned, it already was confirmed, regardless of the fact that no one from or representing the band had confirmed it until today.

"Smile Away Horribly Now"
Go to Top of Page

mdisanto
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1140 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  23:48:43  Show Profile  Visit mdisanto's Homepage
well what happened at this "press conference"?

-miked
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2004 :  00:11:26  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address
yes, I want to know that too

did you know the pixies made the front page of teletext in Holland?
It's on the teletext on the first 3 stations (the public ones, the dutch BBC you could say)
It was mainly about that they will play at the Pinkpop festival, but it's really cool
(last time pixies played there was 15 years ago, Frank black played there in 1998 or 1999 and the breeders in 1994, if I'm not mistaken)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000