Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

mcmikey
= Cult of Ray =

799 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2004 :  12:51:46  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by GoddessTheory

Not attacking, just asking question. Why are you so sensitive?

Since when is Bukowski a beat generation poet?

Answer before spouting off like Adnan the jerk.

it would seem to me that you're the one who's sensitive. I think anyone who reads this thread in its entirety will agree

...and don't forget the taint!
Go to Top of Page

GoddessTheory
= Cult of Ray =

USA
675 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2004 :  13:04:28  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Adnan_le_Terrible

Do a little research before attacking like Attila the Hun.

Okay, I researched it and Bukowski is lumped in with the Beat generation. That's all I asked, and that's all you had to say.

You wanna be a smart ass, I'll be one as well.
Go to Top of Page

mcmikey
= Cult of Ray =

799 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2004 :  13:06:24  Show Profile
I did say.

Go to Top of Page

The King Of Karaoke
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3759 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2004 :  13:06:45  Show Profile
I wanna be a bitch. Any room for another one over here?
Go to Top of Page

TheCroutonFuton
- Mr. Setlists -

USA
1728 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2004 :  13:08:22  Show Profile  Visit TheCroutonFuton's Homepage
hahahahaha oh my...

"Join the Cult of Gunn / And Then You'll Be Destined to be a Rock and Roll Star of Epical Proportions!"
Go to Top of Page

Adnan_le_Terrible
* Dog in the Sand *

France
1973 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2004 :  13:11:41  Show Profile  Visit Adnan_le_Terrible's Homepage
It's very interesting with you, Jennifer, because you come up with both questions and answers. You must have some kind of a double (triple?) personality problem. Try Seroquel, it works pretty well.

what have I become, my Swedish friend? / everyone one I know goes away in the end
Go to Top of Page

GoddessTheory
= Cult of Ray =

USA
675 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2004 :  13:15:34  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Adnan_le_Terrible

It's very interesting with you, Jennifer, because you come up with both questions and answers. You must have some kind of a double (triple?) personality problem.

You told me to research so I did so I don't know what else you're mumbling about.

Go to Top of Page

The King Of Karaoke
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3759 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2004 :  13:19:24  Show Profile
I'm done with your topic GoddessTeary. Too much tension wherever your at.
Go to Top of Page

mcmikey
= Cult of Ray =

799 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2004 :  13:21:11  Show Profile
fo'shizzle my nizzle

Go to Top of Page

TheCroutonFuton
- Mr. Setlists -

USA
1728 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2004 :  13:27:11  Show Profile  Visit TheCroutonFuton's Homepage
"Fo'shizzle my nizzle" is a bastardization of "Fo sho ma nigga" which is a bastardization of "I whole heartedly agree my african-american brother"

"Join the Cult of Gunn / And Then You'll Be Destined to be a Rock and Roll Star of Epical Proportions!"
Go to Top of Page

mcmikey
= Cult of Ray =

799 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2004 :  13:28:09  Show Profile
and since I"m the bastard son of a bastard son, I use "fo' shizzle my nizzle"

Go to Top of Page

TheCroutonFuton
- Mr. Setlists -

USA
1728 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2004 :  13:30:56  Show Profile  Visit TheCroutonFuton's Homepage
SHE'S ONLY BEEN 5 MONTHS LATE, EVEN THOUGH WE HAVEN'T HAD SEX FOR A WEEK!

Go to Top of Page

mcmikey
= Cult of Ray =

799 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2004 :  13:32:16  Show Profile
pourquoi?

Go to Top of Page

TheCroutonFuton
- Mr. Setlists -

USA
1728 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2004 :  13:34:26  Show Profile  Visit TheCroutonFuton's Homepage
Sorry...was listening to "Gallons Of Rubbing Alcohol Flow Through The Strip"

G.I.T...Geeks...In.......Town...
Come on Dave, think of one..
It should be GIC: Geeks With Charvelles...wait that'd be GWC

Go to Top of Page

SpudBoy
= Cult of Ray =

Equatorial Guinea
649 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2004 :  13:55:41  Show Profile  Visit SpudBoy's Homepage
Well look - at the risk of repeating myself from other forums, I must ask in all seriousness (since we ARE talking Bukowski, don't you know):

What about the feces?

Ol' Charlie wrote about shit quite often...his own, a dog he saw dumping in the park...I mean he was almost as obsessed with it as is the King of Karaoke! What's YOUR stance on poo, eh?

I looked for a cult to join, then decided to just play "Sink". Hey! I sank WallaWalla Washington!
Go to Top of Page

mcmikey
= Cult of Ray =

799 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2004 :  13:58:31  Show Profile
actually I try very hard NOT to stand on poo. It's dreadfully hard to remove from shoes and you have that horrible smell following you everywhere you go

Go to Top of Page

SpudBoy
= Cult of Ray =

Equatorial Guinea
649 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2004 :  14:00:54  Show Profile  Visit SpudBoy's Homepage
not even magic poo?

I looked for a cult to join, then decided to just play "Sink". Hey! I sank WallaWalla Washington!
Go to Top of Page

The King Of Karaoke
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3759 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2004 :  14:01:47  Show Profile
I'm no longer interested in being a part of this thread spudboy, but if your into feces this is the place.
Go to Top of Page

SpudBoy
= Cult of Ray =

Equatorial Guinea
649 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2004 :  14:03:22  Show Profile  Visit SpudBoy's Homepage
Apparently! I'm outta here too.

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2004 :  14:26:39  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
Play nice boys, there's no call for completely destroying a valid enough thread (or even a not so valid one). And there's no reason for ganging up on someone.

"Join the Cult of Frank / And you'll be enlightened"
Go to Top of Page

mcmikey
= Cult of Ray =

799 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2004 :  14:39:43  Show Profile
it wasn't ganging up, so much as it was reacting to a bad attitude

Go to Top of Page

Erebus
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1834 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2004 :  14:49:35  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

Play nice boys, there's no call for completely destroying a valid enough thread (or even a not so valid one). And there's no reason for ganging up on someone.

Is this a "warning"? "Pre-warning"? If I recall correctly there was a long, long period in which a crew of you destroyed thread after thread, all in what you took to be good fun, no doubt. If there's a problem here, and I for one don't think there is, it lies with GT. She attacks, gets whipped, and then whines.
Go to Top of Page

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2004 :  14:55:11  Show Profile
don't argue with them erebus

they will lock the thread

i don't want to be locked again

it's dark and scary down there
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2004 :  14:57:47  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
It is a request for the moment. I'm OK with the thread potentially going in a different direction than it was intended. That happens. I'm mostly talking about what it has devolved into at the end of page 2.

I don't believe Goddess is blameless in any way, but I've discussed her behaviour with her via email and have no need to duplicate that here.

Go to Top of Page

mcmikey
= Cult of Ray =

799 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2004 :  14:57:47  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Erebus

quote:

Is this a "warning"? "Pre-warning"? If I recall correctly there was a long, long period in which a crew of you destroyed thread after thread, all in what you took to be good fun, no doubt. If there's a problem here, and I for one don't think there is, it lies with GT. She attacks, gets whipped, and then whines.

I'm confused about which side you're on

Go to Top of Page

Erebus
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1834 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2004 :  15:34:31  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by mcmikey

quote:
Originally posted by Erebus

quote:

I'm confused about which side you're on

Sorry about that. The reply was to COF. A while back, before you guys appeared, there was a gang that regularly turned threads into adolescent yuckfests, IMO. I guess I'm on the sides of freedom (of expression) and of ethical consistency (those who live by the mouth should expect to get mouth back). But I'm not trying to throw fuel on the fire.
Go to Top of Page

Adnan_le_Terrible
* Dog in the Sand *

France
1973 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2004 :  15:41:53  Show Profile  Visit Adnan_le_Terrible's Homepage
quote:

It is a request for the moment. I'm OK with the thread potentially going in a different direction than it was intended. That happens. I'm mostly talking about what it has devolved into at the end of page 2.

I don't believe Goddess is blameless in any way, but I've discussed her behaviour with her via email and have no need to duplicate that here.

I apologize. It is not the first time I have this kind of discussion with Jennifer, and I will try to avoid her in the future. It's not just about being locked or anything, but also about not losing my time while writing pointless posts.

what have I become, my Swedish friend? / everyone one I know goes away in the end
Go to Top of Page

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2004 :  15:48:05  Show Profile
i'd like to clairfy too that i was, in fact, trying to add fuel to the fire. unlike erebus.

peace.
Go to Top of Page

SpudBoy
= Cult of Ray =

Equatorial Guinea
649 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2004 :  16:32:08  Show Profile  Visit SpudBoy's Homepage
quote:

I'm not ganging up on anyone - just sittin over here talkin about the dookie. Man gotta catch flack for his observations?

Go to Top of Page

SpudBoy
= Cult of Ray =

Equatorial Guinea
649 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2004 :  16:34:21  Show Profile  Visit SpudBoy's Homepage
Also, for the record, I am usually just a silly bastard...but Bukowski actually did talk about poop a lot. Now if that's funny, not my fault.

Go to Top of Page

realmeanmotorscutor
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1764 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2004 :  19:20:22  Show Profile
Sorry, can't get that slice of pizza as I'm about 3 hours away from Lowell at present :(

"I joined the Cult of Popeye / The CoF required my good eye"
Go to Top of Page

Scarla O
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
947 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2004 :  02:16:52  Show Profile  Visit Scarla O's Homepage
I disagree with the premise of the arguement Goddess - by that rationale no-one would think that 'The Velvet Underground' was a great band or that 'Withnail And I' was a good film.

I think it is all to easy for people to disassociate themselves from their teenage years and to convince themselves that they've matured and moved on - it's a nice thought perhaps but it doesn't happen - we do not grow up or mature (we just conveniently convince ourselves that we do).

Edited by - Scarla O on 01/28/2004 04:35:00
Go to Top of Page

edwina
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
179 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2004 :  05:47:17  Show Profile
"I think it is all to easy for people to disassociate themselves from their teenage years and to convince themselves that they've matured and moved on - it's a nice thought perhaps but it doesn't happen - we do not grow up or mature (we just conveniently convince ourselves that we do)."

Scarla 'O
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually, I'm sorry but I am not convinced this is true. I do believe that there can be experiences during your lifetime that help you to change your outlook on things. Perhaps some people never go through them, and their opinions do not change until they die, but I don't think that is a general rule, and in a way, thank God for that.
In any case that is not the point, I don't think: it may be true that someone can lose interest in tales of alchool and masturbations when they age but, once again, it's all down to personal taste, and has little or nothing to do with being more mature or unpretentious, really....

Edited by - edwina on 01/28/2004 05:50:20
Go to Top of Page

SpudBoy
= Cult of Ray =

Equatorial Guinea
649 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2004 :  18:12:35  Show Profile  Visit SpudBoy's Homepage
I am still entertained by tales of alcohol and masturbation (particularly if it was simultaneously, in public, and very embarrassing to the storyteller). However, I think a more adequate gauge of maturity is the level of responsibility not only accepted, but maintained by an individual. Can you go to work every day, fight the good fight, provide for a family, look out for others, understand your world and your role in it to the extent that you try to actually make a difference? I know when I was younger the answer to most of that was no way in hell. Somehow I seem to have adapted. Is it conveniently convincing myself if I have the effects and results of an apparently matured grown-up? I know of no one that has remained static in their personality from their teen years forward. Are you suggesting that this is merely lateral change?

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2004 :  20:45:20  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
I think, correct me if I'm wrong edwina, that she's suggesting that this change isn't related to age or aging, only to time. Like it's possible to get older and not change at all, or it's possible (over time, of course) to completely change. So I don't think any maturation/additional responsibility would be lateral, just the result of a desire to be a better person. If that makes sense of is even what you were trying to say.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000