Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

PearlJamaholic
- FB Fan -

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2004 :  10:08:51  Show Profile
I dont think this was posted if it was sorry. Vedder talks about some of the his more memorable albums growing up.

Pixies, Surfer Rosa (4AD, 1988)
"The Pixies were huge for me. Frank Black, or Black Francis, as he was called at the time, had this voice--he just let it loose. He'd let it rip, and weird shit would happen. It seemed not so much rebellious, but just free in the way he could just make sounds like 'aie! aie! aie!' and still get his point across. He was liberating himself with his voice. David Byrne was the same way. I've never really been able to do that. Well, I think I have sometimes, but not like that."

http://spin.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=115

ramona
"FB Quote Mistress"

USA
3988 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2004 :  10:53:43  Show Profile  Visit ramona's Homepage
It makes it sounds like Frank is deceased or something. He "had" this voice, etc. But glad to read it anyways.

"Music does not drag me down. Music lifts me up." - Frank Black
Go to Top of Page

ProverbialCereal
- FB TabMaster -

USA
2953 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2004 :  20:34:40  Show Profile
Here is Frank on Eddie Vedder:

(Spin Feb. 2004)
"Yeah, he is an alright guy. When he was known as Veddie Eddie he could really belt out 'Jeremey' and other hits on Ten."

NOTE TO OVERZEALOUS JOURNALISTS: The above quote is a joke and work of fiction.

[EDIT - Added Disclaimer]

Edited by - Cult_Of_Frank on 02/08/2004 08:30:24
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2004 :  21:15:58  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage
hahaha
Go to Top of Page

Ziggy
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
2411 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2004 :  04:48:14  Show Profile
Last night I had the strangest dream, that Frank turned up in my school, teaching French and Spanish. Bless 'im...

'Took his plane to Columbia/So I could sell at my school"
Go to Top of Page

PearlJamaholic
- FB Fan -

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2004 :  02:50:22  Show Profile
after reading on here that frank doesnt sing like he use to. i didnt think anyone would get so offensive about a comment like that. oh well. i dont think jeremey was on ten. i thought that was bside to dudder. jeremy with two e's. kinda like jefrey with one f.

Edited by - PearlJamaholic on 01/26/2004 02:50:57
Go to Top of Page

model consumer
- FB Fan -

USA
128 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2004 :  05:04:40  Show Profile
Jeremy was on Ten, If memory serves correctly. Not that I care.

--
"What's all I listen to? It's all freedom rock!"
Go to Top of Page

chango
- FB Fan -

57 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2004 :  07:41:28  Show Profile
i met eddie once at starplex in dallas. i am 5 foot 10 inches tall. eddie was as tall as my chin.
and he's a tool.

the sugarcubes were playing that day... eddie who?

it wasn't anything about anything
Go to Top of Page

The King Of Karaoke
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3759 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2004 :  09:44:49  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Ziggy

Last night I had the strangest dream, that Frank turned up in my school, teaching French and Spanish. Bless 'im...

'Took his plane to Columbia/So I could sell at my school"

Ziggy. Noooo, I had the strangest dream last night.
http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4976

I read this article once where in the middle of the interview Eddie Vedder smashes his coffee cup on the floor (tortured artist thing) for no apparent reason. The reporter of the article said it was fucking hysterical! And he was trying to be all serious. I'm glad he's gone. He ruined alternative music. Eddie clones for years to come. Sorry PJ

Note to self: get ass itchin' ointment...fer ass...that's.. uh?...itchin'!
Go to Top of Page

PearlJamaholic
- FB Fan -

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2004 :  09:52:23  Show Profile
vedder isnt gone. they sold out the garden two nights in a row. the last album i think sold 1/2 million copies in the US. and the bu$hleaguer thing made headlines. i dont know how they runied alternative music. and kurt or layne is to blame more so then vedder for the string of bad music. pearl jam has creed. alice in chains got godsmack, nicklecrack, and staind. and nirvana where do you start with poor nirvana. tool? huh, ok whatever!
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2004 :  13:59:47  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage
I mean no offense to PJ. I have a fair amount of respect for Vedder and the band.
Go to Top of Page

model consumer
- FB Fan -

USA
128 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2004 :  17:20:08  Show Profile
There's no accounting for taste. Disagree? See my sig, a FB quote. Be that as it may, I really can't stand Pearl Jam for the most part. Big deal.

I think maybe a couple people took offense to the Vedder quote because of their personal interpretation. Maybe they misunderstood, which is easy to do out of context. Either way no biggie.

--

Edited by - model consumer on 01/27/2004 05:31:58
Go to Top of Page

ProverbialCereal
- FB TabMaster -

USA
2953 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2004 :  19:55:24  Show Profile
I didn't take offense either. I don't really dislike Pearl Jam, but I'm not a fan or anything. I think I was making fun of the fact that they were HUGE and then they put out like 4 (?) albums after Vitalogy and then I never heard about them again. Well, didn't they release like 50,000 live albums or something?

"Screw the Pixies. Gunn is going to reunite Vallhalla!"
Go to Top of Page

Chris Knight
= Cult of Ray =

USA
899 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2004 :  01:09:12  Show Profile  Visit Chris Knight's Homepage
Pearl Jam are okay. No Code is probably my favorite of theirs.
Go to Top of Page

model consumer
- FB Fan -

USA
128 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2004 :  05:35:09  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by ProverbialCereal

I didn't take offense either. I don't really dislike Pearl Jam, but I'm not a fan or anything. I think I was making fun of the fact that they were HUGE and then they put out like 4 (?) albums after Vitalogy and then I never heard about them again. Well, didn't they release like 50,000 live albums or something?

Yep. And their still around for those keeping score at home. I tried to go to their website to verify that Jeremy was on Ten but their Discocraphy page did not help one iota. www.pearljam.com

But back to topic, does it really suprise anyone ever that professional rock musicians have good taste? Does it really matter? Does it ever influence your opinion?

--
Go to Top of Page

avtv
- FB Fan -

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2004 :  18:44:13  Show Profile
On the subject of FB and Pearl Jam, let me say that I am equally amazed by both. On the other hand, PJ has been nothing but complimentary of FB in the past. On of the catholics first tours under the name was opening for Pearl Jam in the midwest. vedder even went up and introduced the band on a few occasions. Also Stone Gossard is a huge Frank fan and called FB's Hermaphoditos a great song.

Alec
Go to Top of Page

PearlJamaholic
- FB Fan -

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2004 :  05:02:50  Show Profile
jeremy is on ten. i was just being a smart ass saying jeremEy wasnt on ten. as of now i know about two times PJ tagged pixies song at the end of daughter. there was the one i mentioned before and then in dallas of 98 then did monkey gone to heaven i think. then on the atlanta show vedder said some about frank black before a song. it was a radio broadcast so he just mentioned him. ill listen to that show sometime and get the quote if its important. Vedder if not all of Pearl Jam likes frank black. i just wonder if they listen to his new stuff.
Go to Top of Page

kingphilbert
= Cult of Ray =

USA
356 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2004 :  07:09:34  Show Profile  Visit kingphilbert's Homepage
Well, Frank did support Pearl Jam on the tour they used to record Live on Two Legs a few years back.
Go to Top of Page

GoddessTheory
= Cult of Ray =

USA
675 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2004 :  10:39:14  Show Profile
They have been very supportive of Frank Black. I read Eddie's quote, when he says Frank "had," as him referring to the Black Francis incarnation, as in, he "had" with The Pixies. As of this moment, Pixies ARE in the past tense.

Maybe not in a few more months though, eh.
Go to Top of Page

ramona
"FB Quote Mistress"

USA
3988 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2004 :  11:41:36  Show Profile  Visit ramona's Homepage
quote:

(Spin Feb. 2004)
"Yeah, he is an alright guy. When he was known as Veddie Eddie he could really belt out 'Jeremey' and other hits on Ten."

I just saw this. Love it!

Go to Top of Page

ramona
"FB Quote Mistress"

USA
3988 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2004 :  11:45:31  Show Profile  Visit ramona's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by GoddessTheory

They have been very supportive of Frank Black. I read Eddie's quote, when he says Frank "had," as him referring to the Black Francis incarnation, as in, he "had" with The Pixies. As of this moment, Pixies ARE in the past tense.

Maybe not in a few more months though, eh.

It just struck me funny because he says "Frank Black, or Black Francis, as he was called at the time, had this voice..." If I am not mistaken, he still HAS his voice, no matter what his name is.

Anyway, I don't care what the meaning is and what Vedder is/was talking about - I just thought it was funny.

Go to Top of Page

PsychicTwin
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1772 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2004 :  07:51:40  Show Profile  Visit PsychicTwin's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by PearlJamaholic

Vedder if not all of Pearl Jam likes frank black. i just wonder if they listen to his new stuff.

I know Stone Gossard digs Frank.
I remember reading an interview (Spin, RS, one of em shit-rags) where Stone was listing a mix tape kind of thing, or albums that he has recently been listening to. And he included 'Hermaphroditos' off of DITS - saying something about how Frank's genius lies in odd meters, quirky rock, and the like. Or something along those lines.
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  03:19:57  Show Profile
They both appear on Mike Watt's 'Ball Hog Or Tugboat' album.
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2004 :  09:17:53  Show Profile
quote:

(Spin Feb. 2004)

I did not say this. I have not done an interview with Spin for years. And I would never have said this. I did not say this. I did not say this.

f
Go to Top of Page

frnck blck
-= The Man =-

312 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2004 :  09:20:52  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by frnck blck

quote:

(Spin Feb. 2004)

I did not say this. I have not done an interview with Spin for years. And I would never have said this. I did not say this. I did not say this.

f

I guess it just sounds like I'm being disrespectful to Eddie...and I HATE people making up quotes attributed to me or distorting things I have said. PJ have been very nice to me. And they paid me VERY WELL. They have myu total respect.

f

Edited by - frnck blck on 02/07/2004 09:22:15
Go to Top of Page

Frog in the Sand
-+ Le premiere frog +-

France
2715 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2004 :  09:55:01  Show Profile  Visit Frog in the Sand's Homepage
f?
Frnk Blck?
Blck Frncs?
Frnk Blck Frncs?

Please who are you now?...
Go to Top of Page

Jason
* Dog in the Sand *

1446 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2004 :  10:19:32  Show Profile
I'm pretty sure that everyone here reading understood that the 'Frank on Eddie Vedder' post was a joke, Frank.
Go to Top of Page

bumblebeeboy2
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2638 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2004 :  10:22:21  Show Profile  Click to see bumblebeeboy2's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by Frog in the Sand

f?
Frnk Blck?
Blck Frncs?
Frnk Blck Frncs?

Please who are you now?...

bumble stands back and watches as thread is about to have hundreds of replies, mainly requests for frank, i'm guessing requests to play more shows in the uk now... i don't know! it's a bit harsh pestering our hero like that.

coughplaycoughmanchestercoughukcough

man i need to get that seen to. ahem.

~~~
I'm flat out, you're so beautiful to look at when you cry. Freeze, don't move, you've been chosen as an extra in the movie adaptation of the sequal to your life. Shady Lane, everybody wants one, Shady Lane, everybody needs one.
Go to Top of Page

bedrock_barney
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
871 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2004 :  11:12:15  Show Profile
Yeah, stand back for the avalanche of posts Frank!!!

I'm with Bumble though. Please give the UK a few more dates! There are quite a shredded nerves (and hearts) after the ticket sale extravaganza this morning.

"Join the Cult of the Theremin / It's Velouriatastic!!"
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2004 :  11:16:25  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
Come on guys, don't flood the topic. He's probably said what he wants to say and doesn't plan to visit this again. He visits here (presumably) and lurks often enough, so rest assured he sees your opinions and so forth wherever you may post it.

"Join the Cult of Frank / And you'll be enlightened"
Go to Top of Page

bedrock_barney
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
871 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2004 :  11:22:31  Show Profile
Fair point Dean....but it has been one weird day today!

"Join the Cult of the Theremin / It's Velouriatastic!!"
Go to Top of Page

Frog in the Sand
-+ Le premiere frog +-

France
2715 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2004 :  11:35:34  Show Profile  Visit Frog in the Sand's Homepage
I think we have the right to ask him some questions - especially now - and he has the right not to answer. Am I wrong?
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2004 :  12:08:32  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
If you want to ask him questions, ask in "The King Holds Court" thread. I hate to see everytime he pops up having the thing devolve into some sort of godawful press conference with people shouting questions overtop of everyone else.

It basically kills any chance of him holding a normal conversation on the forum. I won't stop you from asking, I'm just asking to stop.

"Join the Cult of Frank / And you'll be enlightened"
Go to Top of Page

ProverbialCereal
- FB TabMaster -

USA
2953 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2004 :  01:11:56  Show Profile
Dear Frank,

If you happen to read this thread again, I apologize for misquoting you, no matter how much of a joke it was supposed to be. I apologized in another thread too but I'm not sure if you'd read that one or not... who knows if you'll even read this. But I guess the main point is I've learned my lesson for the year. I sincerely feel bad.

-Derek

"Join the Cult of Reunion / And start a thread that will get locked."
Go to Top of Page

Frog in the Sand
-+ Le premiere frog +-

France
2715 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2004 :  02:53:11  Show Profile  Visit Frog in the Sand's Homepage
Don't worry, Derek. Your joke is funny, harmless and quite obvious. I'm pretty sure the King would have smiled or even laughed if he hadn't misunderstood it for a reason or another (fatigue and/or lack of time I guess). And I'm convinced he'll smile or even laugh when he learns the truth.
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2004 :  09:18:07  Show Profile
I read an EXCLUSIVE in a tabloid paper where FB claims he an PJ had numerous violent scuffles and...okay, that joke is'nt funny anymore.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000