Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Off Topic!
 General Chat
 The Residents Brumalia/Christmas songs, free!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Johnny Yen
= Cult of Ray =

USA
408 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2003 :  05:58:52  Show Profile  Visit Johnny Yen's Homepage
The Residents are posting songs & pictures to celebrate Brumalia. It started yesterday, and they're celebrating for 12 days, so it looks they may post 12 songs. Cool. That's a free Brumalia album! Take that, Christmas! Head to http://www.residents.com

Edited by - Johnny Yen on 12/26/2003 14:45:59

IceCream
= Quote Accumulator =

USA
1850 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2003 :  12:20:19  Show Profile  Visit IceCream's Homepage
Do you mean the music group whose name is THE RESIDENTS? Excellent, incredibly original band. Highly recommended. Who else on the forum enjoys them a lot?
Go to Top of Page

blackpurse
= Cult of Ray =

USA
299 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2003 :  14:36:47  Show Profile
Do youself a major favor and head to Amazon or Ralph records and get their Icky Flix DVD. Its got all the classic residents videos, plus you can choose to see the old videos with updated versions of the songs. Amazing, beautiful, disturbing stuff. Have it on the DVD player when your "normal" frieds are over to visit and watch the rumor mill about you begin to spin!

"Sacred cows make the best burgers!"
Go to Top of Page

miguel
- FB Fan -

USA
213 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2003 :  02:05:10  Show Profile  Visit miguel's Homepage
I can listen but no download...:(

"... it's a pill, that gives worms... to exgirlfriends.. you just don't get it"
Go to Top of Page

Johnny Yen
= Cult of Ray =

USA
408 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2003 :  04:54:54  Show Profile  Visit Johnny Yen's Homepage
After the song is done loading, go to your temporary internet files folder, and the mp3 will be saved in it at the bottom. Copy To Folder to a different folder, and you're good to go.
Go to Top of Page

apl4eris
~ Abstract Brain ~

USA
4800 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2003 :  12:42:38  Show Profile  Visit apl4eris's Homepage
Weird, I just got the "Eskimo" dvd for my husband for Christmas. We haven't watched it yet, but I am most certainly looking forward to it. Thanks for the heads up, Johnny, that Partridge Family song was meant to be covered by these guys. Nice day-after-Xmas fare. :)

Swedish Chef's "Dumpling of Wisdom": Øder tis moodle in der noggin tu smacken der ouchey und vinger-slingers ur to smacken-backen und fix de morkin, yøobetcha!
Go to Top of Page

Johnny Yen
= Cult of Ray =

USA
408 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2003 :  05:52:47  Show Profile  Visit Johnny Yen's Homepage
Oh, looks they're only keeping 3 days up at a time, cause Day 1 is now gone. I like Day 3s weiner dog story. hoo boy.
Go to Top of Page

apl4eris
~ Abstract Brain ~

USA
4800 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2003 :  06:47:34  Show Profile  Visit apl4eris's Homepage
From the Second Day of Brumalia, "Turtle Dove", which reminds me of how I want to read "Through the Looking Glass" again:

“I couldn’t afford to learn it,” said the Mock Turtle with a sigh. “I only took the regular course.”
“What was that?” inquired Alice.
“Reeling and Writhing, of course, to begin with,” the Mock Turtle replied;
“And then the different branches of Arithmetic—Ambition, Distraction, Uglification, and Derision.”
“I never heard of ‘Uglification,’” Alice ventured to say.
-Lewis Carroll

I know it's late in my life, especially having already been a Devo fan, but I just discovered Mark Ryden (and KRK by proxy), and this is fitting in very nicely. I knew this year was going to be much better than naught-3.

Thanks Johnny!!

Swedish Chef's "Dumpling of Wisdom": Øder tis moodle in der noggin tu smacken der ouchey und vinger-slingers ur to smacken-backen und fix de morkin, yøobetcha!
Go to Top of Page

anazgnos
= Cult of Ray =

USA
383 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2003 :  01:15:32  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by IceCream

Do you mean the music group whose name is THE RESIDENTS? Excellent, incredibly original band. Highly recommended. Who else on the forum enjoys them a lot?

I really love their early stuff a whole lot, though really pretty much everything they've done is of some value. While I'm not that up on it, they're recent stuff with the theatrical productions seems pretty cool too. What I like about them is for all the seemingly distanced, intellectualised dada-esque raspberry blowing they do, they end up making music that can be really poignant and affecting - check out "Beyond the Valley of a Day in the Life", their Beatles cut up, absolutely brilliant, hilarious, and touching at the same time. They nail it with a loop of John Lennon saying "Please everybody, if we haven't done what we could have done, we've tried!"

"join the Cult of the Triforium / If we form a circle round it / in our white robes / God will surely play for us / the authentic Celestial Music / at last"
Go to Top of Page

apl4eris
~ Abstract Brain ~

USA
4800 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2003 :  10:08:32  Show Profile  Visit apl4eris's Homepage
Happy 5th day of Brumalia, evrah-buhday! ewww, check out that golden ring.

If they can make penicillin out of mouldy bread, they can sure make something out of you.
-Muhammad Ali

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000