Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Stuart
- The Clopser -

China
2291 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2004 :  18:19:45  Show Profile  Visit Stuart's Homepage
Actually Bent is turning out to be a really good movie, pretty shocking though as it tells the story of the struggle of homosexuals in Nazi germany, with them being herded together and sent to the concentration camps etc etc.... definately worth watching though.

Hmm... I need to watch some more light hearted films before I turn into a manic depressive.

Who's the man that won't cop out when there's danger all about?
Go to Top of Page

apl4eris
~ Abstract Brain ~

USA
4800 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2004 :  20:29:17  Show Profile  Visit apl4eris's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Stuart

quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

This is by no means a favourite movie or anything, but my sister's boyfriend rented Identity last night and I was expecting very little but it actually turned out to be quite good, especially given the genre it is....
Ive got Identity, good movie..... John Cusack is a pretty good bet really....Well worth seeing.
I liked it ok, it was somehow better and also worse than I expected, seemed stunted in a weird way. I really enjoyed the obvious zoom on Sartre's "Being and Nothingness" on the limousine seat next to Cusack...that was pretty funny.

This seems almost like it could be a Hollywood movie that was taken from a foreign film, in a similar way that "Insomnia" was...the original "Insomnia" (http://imdb.com/title/tt0119375/), by Erik Skjoldbjærg, was a breed apart from the one with Robin Williams - very well done and truly creepy, full of place and atmosphere and that very real feeling you get from a long bout of insomnia - very well done.

Swedish Chef's "Dumpling of Wisdom": Øder tis moodle in der noggin tu smacken der ouchey und vinger-slingers ur to smacken-backen und fix de morkin, yøobetcha!
Go to Top of Page

SpudBoy
= Cult of Ray =

Equatorial Guinea
649 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2004 :  20:35:20  Show Profile  Visit SpudBoy's Homepage
Not to mention they shoot the goddamned dog and show it*. Why must Hollywood flinch so? Wussies.

* Standard disclaimer: I am actually a strong advocate of the animal world but this happens in the context of a bizarre story line that is supposed to be intense and weird and it fucking kills me when something is going along and building up and suddenly *poof* everything is ok. Wouldn't want to _really_ freak people out now would we?

I looked for a cult to join, then decided to just play "Sink". Hey! I sank the LaBrea Tar Pits!
Go to Top of Page

apl4eris
~ Abstract Brain ~

USA
4800 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2004 :  20:42:24  Show Profile  Visit apl4eris's Homepage
Oh! oh!oh! yeah!! Like when Dorothy wakes up and it was all a terrible drug-trance dream about the structure of Capitalist societies and white man's burden, Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged, and the vortex of westward expansion? Or like in Newhart?

Swedish Chef's "Dumpling of Wisdom": Who is John Galt? bork bork bork?

Edited by - apl4eris on 01/02/2004 20:45:22
Go to Top of Page

SpudBoy
= Cult of Ray =

Equatorial Guinea
649 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2004 :  20:43:45  Show Profile  Visit SpudBoy's Homepage
I think Bob Newheart is actually Ayn Rand after the faked death and operation in Sweden, so yes.

I looked for a cult to join, then decided to just play "Sink". Hey! I sank the LaBrea Tar Pits!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000