New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ProverbialCereal
- FB TabMaster -

USA
2953 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2003 :  19:39:13  Show Profile
I'm in the market to get some Monster cables and I'm debating between the P500 Jazz and P500 Rock (see link below). By the page and the cost it seems to say the Jazz one is better. I like rock, but my les paul studio does have a warmer tone to it. I guess it's more "jazzy" than rock. See, I get a big discount on these cables cuz I work at Best Buy. You might hurt me if you knew how much I can get them for. Well, you can hurt Jim too since he can get a discount to.

Anyway, is there a noticeable difference between the jazz and rock? I guess anything will be better than the crappy 15 dollar cables I have now.

(or if I really want to shell out some money i could get the P1000 studio ones... but I'm getting a 12 ft, 21 ft, and two 8 inchers so I can't afford the best ones.)

http://www.monstercable.com/pro_audio/instrument_cables.asp

"Join the Cult of Gunn / And you'll get an eighties Monster Ballad CD just for joining"

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2003 :  14:24:40  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage
I need to check my discount on those Monster cables man cause I'm gonna need some of them. Are you getting it through the store or through the accomodation program?

From what I understand, the jazz cable is a fatter cable and gives you much better bass response than the other cables. You might get a warmer tone out of the cable in that regard.

"I joined the Cult of Clops / If I were you, I'd sleep with one eye open."
Go to Top of Page

ProverbialCereal
- FB TabMaster -

USA
2953 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2003 :  19:54:52  Show Profile
I'm ordering through Monster but I printed out the form from the accommodation program within the Best Buy employee toolkit thing.

It's a sweet discount. Ah heck, it's 60% off retail.

"Join the Cult of Gunn / And you'll get an eighties Monster Ballad CD just for joining"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000