Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

vilainde
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Niue
7434 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2003 :  09:16:12  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage
OK, I haven't found anything to confirm this, but I got the news from a guy who runs a concerts web site. I really don't know what to think of it.

Seems like the Pixies (all 4 of them) are going to play in Paris on June 16th. Looks like a good news, eh? Except that it's going to happen in the Parc des Princes (soccer stadium)... And that they're gonna be OPENING FOR THE RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS.

There have been a lot of rumours lately, so I won't believe it till I have confirmation, and I'm not saying it's a fact. I'm just praying it's untrue.

Denis

"In the Cult of Frank/You don't even get backstage passes"

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2003 :  09:22:09  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
I'm pretty sure that by now the Pixies could at least headline their own reunion show...

I'm going to hope not if only because I can't get to Paris this summer.

"Join the Cult of Frank / And you'll be enlightened"
Go to Top of Page

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2003 :  09:37:37  Show Profile
jesus christ. i have ill feelings about them getting back together to begin with.. but opening for The Red Hot Chili Peppers? (i know this is only a rumor and probably not true).. can anything be more insulting? (i suppose opening for Limp Bizkit would be more insulting.. but not much more)
Go to Top of Page

misleadtheworld
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1222 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2003 :  09:44:18  Show Profile  Visit misleadtheworld's Homepage
fuck vilainde!! this titled scared the crap out of me. ive never clicked so quick.

"Joan my Clerk of Trompe / And You'll be chick-a-be enlightened"
Go to Top of Page

demon
- FB Fan -

20 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2003 :  09:59:37  Show Profile  Visit demon's Homepage
well, of course they'll start by opening. i am just envisioning a new album which will be like a mix of doolittle and trome le monde which will blow everyone away. then i want to see a radiohead opening for the pixies. that and some mushrooms would spell heaven. and her body's a rockin chair for my soul.
Go to Top of Page

Brackish Girl
~ Soul Eater ~

Ireland
1750 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2003 :  10:28:32  Show Profile
!!! opening??? what the fu...

"I joined the Cult of Trippy/...what was i singing again???"
Go to Top of Page

chango
- FB Fan -

57 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2003 :  10:42:21  Show Profile
i'd dismiss it as ridiculous, but somehow the piece of shit chili peppers were able to corral the flaming lips for opening gigs in the u.s. at a time when the lips are perfectly capable of headlining their own theater sized tour.
i just don't get that one... never will.
anyways, if this little reunion does actually go down, my money's on coachella being the "coming out" show.
what are we betting here, anyways?

this is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.
Go to Top of Page

Useyourname
- FB Fan -

185 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2003 :  10:48:14  Show Profile
I'm really tired of this whole pixies reunion. No, I don't want it to happen. Yes, if it happens I'll go see it. I'm so tired of all this speculation and stuff. I'm scared too, scared that it's for real. I keep imagining big shows in big venues, sold out tickets, and emo hipster shits walking around all the time saying how great the pixies are.

I went out twice last week two different girls.

This happend both times:

Me: What music do you like?
Girl: Cursive, bright eyes, anything saddle creek, thursday. What do you listen to?
Me: I'm a huge frank black fan.
Girl: I never heard him
Me: He was the lead singer of the pixies.
Girl: Oh, Yeah! Pixies Rock! I love them. You know they're touring in april? I have to see the pixies before I die.
Me: It's not really confirmed yet whether they will tour.
Girl: I'm pretty sure they are I have to see the pixies before I die.

I hate this, it drives me nuts that these indie rock hipsters are going to jump all over the pixies but don't give a fuck about Frank Black. How are people like us on these board supposed to feel. I like being able to see a two hour catholic show and being able to stand right there in front of frank. Should I be happy that a band I love is getting back together so I can pay high prices to be jammed inside the big tweeter center with a bunch hipster shits who all of a sudden have taken a big interest in the pixies, yet don't give a ratts ass about frank black and the catholics?

I've been tired, that's my rant and I'm done.

I wrote this while under the influence. It might not make sense.

Jimmy
Go to Top of Page

Brackish Girl
~ Soul Eater ~

Ireland
1750 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2003 :  11:03:33  Show Profile
well, at least my name wasn't mentioned.
actually, i was kindas disapointed...

"I joined the Cult of Trippy/...what was i singing again???"
Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2003 :  11:10:48  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage
<--- This Jim is with that Jim ^^^^^

"I joined the Cult of Clops / If I were you, I'd sleep with one eye open."
Go to Top of Page

jediroller
* Dog in the Sand *

France
1718 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2003 :  11:20:19  Show Profile
Why would the Peppers feel insulted???

Ahem.

--
"C'est la vie" whatever that means, la-de-da...
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2003 :  12:45:45  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage
Ahh..the Pixies rumour trail widens..

Opening for the Chili Peppers..hilarious.

I like these rumours with humours..

Anyway..i won't believe it until i see it on Pitchfork. =P
Go to Top of Page

misleadtheworld
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1222 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2003 :  12:53:12  Show Profile  Visit misleadtheworld's Homepage
<--- This Jim is also with that Jim ^^^^^

...well, 'tim'....

...well, 'tom'....

"Joan my Clerk of Trompe / And You'll be chick-a-be enlightened"
Go to Top of Page

ShakeyShake
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1058 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2003 :  14:54:48  Show Profile
OH hell no,the frigging chili peppers,gotta love their inventive style and amazing imaginative powers,for fucks sake all their recent songs sound exactly the same,a pox on their house i say!
Opening for them?Surely not?Can it be?
The perfect line up(I'm sure some-ones mentioned this before) would be the breeders and fb&the catholics opening for the pixies,that'd create a nice line of cream all the way down my trouser leg,but kim and frank might be a tad tired when they come 2 play as the pixies

quote:
Originally posted by demon

well, of course they'll start by opening. i am just envisioning a new album which will be like a mix of doolittle and trome le monde which will blow everyone away....

I can't actually see a new album being like that,if it happens(cos they could just do the tour and no album,or nothing at all)i'd like it to be a bossanova/doolittle styley with some scary gouge away surf theme,but i'm imagining it'll be more of a pod era breeders vs recent fb stuff

My bone used to have a little machine,i must have misplaced it
Go to Top of Page

ShakeyShake
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1058 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2003 :  14:56:08  Show Profile
SO let's all pray to allah/god/vishnu for this rumour to be just that and hope that one of them listens

My bone used to have a little machine,i must have misplaced it
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
5976 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2003 :  15:20:16  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address
last time frank opened for the Red Hot Chilli Peppers he got booo-ed away by the pepperfans, including my friends. From this moment on I have tried to proof that frank is better without succes btw, but you can't blame me, they like funk and there's so littly funkness in frank.

I fucking hate Funk!

so if this is true I will go to that concert and booo those stupid RHCP away

"I joined the Culf of Frank/ And now I do not know what...to do"
Go to Top of Page

cousi
- FB Fan -

France
35 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2003 :  22:09:33  Show Profile  Click to see cousi's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by floop

jesus christ. i have ill feelings about them getting back together to begin with.. but opening for The Red Hot Chili Peppers? (i know this is only a rumor and probably not true).. can anything be more insulting? (i suppose opening for Limp Bizkit would be more insulting.. but not much more)

ROTFL §§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§ I'm on the floor, I can't stop to laught !!! LLLOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLL

Well, I love The Pixies, I love them, I love them, I love them.
Go to Top of Page

iluvblackfrancis
- FB Fan -

Kazakhstan
25 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2003 :  00:31:29  Show Profile
The Pixies are my favorite band, Frank Black is one of my "idols", but you guys need to realize he IS human. I for one, would be happy to see the Pixies reunite, as I never got to see them the first time. I have seen the Catholics, and they played Pixies songs, and damn good too, so I'm fine if they don't reunite as well. I can't see them opening for anybody, if they were opening, then what's the point of all the fuss? Whoever mentioned Coachella being their first show, that would be fucking awesome, I missed it this year; I really wanted to see Sonic Youth and the White Stripes too. Also, the person who said all that shit about EMO/indie people wanting to jump on the Pixies band wagon, I semi agree with you. It does piss me off, because I know most of them only like the Pixies because they think it makes them cool. Though, why should we care? We need to learn to ignore people like this.

Also, I have a question. Did Frank Black write the songs completely? Or did Joey write the leads, Kim write the bass lines, David write the drums, and Frank wrote the lyrics and rythm? Whoever wrote the leads is great. In my opinion, those leads were as influenctial as Hendrix. Even my dad, who thinks Page is God, thought that the guitar work was good at the Catholics show.

"Pissing a few moments ago I looked down at my penis affectionatly. Knowing it has been inside twice today makes me feel beautiful."

Richard Brautigan
Go to Top of Page

vilainde

Niue
7434 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2003 :  01:27:20  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage
Still no official confirmation, but I got more details (although I have no idea where they come from): tickets will be sold on December 16th; the gig will include a 3rd band (who do you see? The Doors of the 21th Century?); the Pixies might also play at the Eurockeennes festival in July; and they ask 150000 euros to play (still not enough IMO). I'm still not saying it's true, but these are a lot of details compared to previous rumours.

Denis

Go to Top of Page

mun chien andalusia
= Quote Accumulator =

Italy
2139 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2003 :  01:54:15  Show Profile  Visit mun chien andalusia's Homepage  Click to see mun chien andalusia's MSN Messenger address
i hate rhcp.they suck.i just hope that at least they head their gigs instead of opening for some lame band(see fb & tc opening for placebo)

join the cult of errol\and you can have a beer\without having to quit smoking
www.superabound.altervista.org
Go to Top of Page

vilainde

Niue
7434 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2003 :  02:11:26  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage
Actually, I saw the RHCP in concert and it wasn't bad. It was a private gig in a "small" venue (2000 people), so it had nothing to see with an arena-type concert, but they were quite entertaining, even if I don't like their music. And hey, you can diss the RHCP but you can't say anything wrong about John Frusciante, or I'll punch you in the face.

Denis

Go to Top of Page

Stuart
- The Clopser -

China
2291 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2003 :  02:50:39  Show Profile  Visit Stuart's Homepage
I'd piss in a bottle and throw it at someone on Tiannmen Square if Pixies opened for RHCP.... that would piss me right off!

Who's the man that won't cop out when there's danger all about?
Go to Top of Page

jediroller
* Dog in the Sand *

France
1718 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2003 :  03:02:11  Show Profile
France Info (French radio) just announced the RHCP concert at the Parc des Princes on June 16th, but they didn't mention Pixies, or any opening act for that matter...

--
"C'est la vie" whatever that means, la-de-da...
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
5976 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2003 :  09:21:30  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address
pff this is to heavy to handle for me

I just want a pixies club tour, IF they reunite at all
and they'll have to headline it

"I joined the Culf of Frank/ And now I do not know what...to do"
Go to Top of Page

Thomas
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1615 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2003 :  10:54:05  Show Profile  Click to see Thomas's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by Useyourname

it drives me nuts that these indie rock hipsters are going to jump all over the pixies but don't give a fuck about Frank Black.

Couldn't agree more. I too am in the minority that don't want them to reunite, but that would not stop me from trying to go to a show.

Them being an opening act would not be acceptable. I saw them as the headliner for a second time in Feb of 92, and I couldn't tell you who opened up for them. I refused to try and buy overprised tickets for U2, a band I never liked, just to see a 40 min show of my favorite band. I do not regret it.

Thomas
"Our love is rice and beans and horses lard"
Go to Top of Page

Frog in the Sand
-+ Le premiere frog +-

France
2715 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2003 :  12:18:31  Show Profile  Visit Frog in the Sand's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by vilainde

the Pixies might also play at the Eurockeennes festival in July; and they ask 150000 euros to play

The Eurockéennes will be held from July 2 to July 4. The program will be available online from April 21 - not before.

I joined the Cult of Frank's Van / My intentions were 666...
Go to Top of Page

cousi
- FB Fan -

France
35 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2003 :  14:29:47  Show Profile  Click to see cousi's MSN Messenger address
C'est sur que d'aller voir les Pixies 40 min, avant un autre groupe pour lequel on aurait jms acheté de place de concert c abusé... Enfin bref, même 40 min, j'en serais heureux et très ému.

Go to Top of Page

Homers_pet_monkey
= Official forum monkey =

United Kingdom
17125 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2003 :  04:05:59  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by cousi

C'est sur que d'aller voir les Pixies 40 min, avant un autre groupe pour lequel on aurait jms acheté de place de concert c abusé... Enfin bref, même 40 min, j'en serais heureux et très ému.

Yeah definately, i've been saying that for ages.
Go to Top of Page

bumblebeeboy2
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2638 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2003 :  04:18:59  Show Profile  Click to see bumblebeeboy2's MSN Messenger address
oh do i hate rhcp! man i really, really hate them! would be horrible to have to, eww, mingle, in amongst the rhcp fans to see the pixies, and then bugger off as soon as they finished, there's no way i'd ever sit through a rhcp set...

--
The universe is shaped exactly like the earth, if you go straight along enough, you'll end up where you were.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2003 :  06:46:10  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
quote:

My hackney English interpretation, which I provide only for entertainment purposes:

The Pixies go on for 40 min, before another group for <cough> ... the place of concert abuse ... <cough> ... I.. time and very ému.

In other words, I'm lost. Hopelessly lost.

Go to Top of Page

Douglas
= Cult of Ray =

Sweden
308 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2003 :  08:11:39  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

quote:

My hackney English interpretation, which I provide only for entertainment purposes:

The Pixies go on for 40 min, before another group for <cough> ... the place of concert abuse ... <cough> ... I.. time and very ému.

In other words, I'm lost. Hopelessly lost.

My bad french makes out something like "To go watch the Pixies play 40 min, before another band whom you would never ever buy a concert ticket for is [abusé]... But still, 40 min, I would be very happy and very [ému]."
Go to Top of Page

Frog in the Sand
-+ Le premiere frog +-

France
2715 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2003 :  09:53:16  Show Profile  Visit Frog in the Sand's Homepage
"c abusé" = "c'est abuser" = it sucks (approximately).
"ému" = moved, touched.

Douglas, your French is not so bad!

I joined the Cult of Frank's Van / My intentions were 666...
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2003 :  10:09:30  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
Yeah, if his French is bad, mine is ... well... badder.

I gots the baddest French here.

Go to Top of Page

Thomas
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1615 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2003 :  10:15:46  Show Profile  Click to see Thomas's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

Yeah, if his French is bad, mine is ... well... badder.

I gots the baddest French here.

I cheated. I used one of the internets French to English checks and it kind of gave me the jist of what was eventually translated.

Thomas
"Our love is rice and beans and horses lard"
Go to Top of Page

Thomas
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1615 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2003 :  10:22:05  Show Profile  Click to see Thomas's MSN Messenger address

Edited by - Thomas on 11/26/2003 10:23:55
Go to Top of Page

StupidMe
- FB Fan -

120 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2003 :  10:51:09  Show Profile
I dont understand the logic in posting in french on a very english speaking board...the person obviously understands english so why not post such that everyone can read it??? Im not trying to be rude or anything, I just dont get it I guess...StupidMe indeeeed!

And PS - the chilipeppers rock. Their cover of Havanna Affair is so bad ass!
EDIT:
oh, hey I just found lots of french post around this board so I suppose there is a large french pop on this board...my mistake!

Edited by - StupidMe on 11/26/2003 11:06:59
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000