Music Limbo
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Useyourname
- FB Fan -

185 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2003 :  21:30:41  Show Profile
I open my cd book of 120 or so cd's. I flip through page after page, after several minutes I close the book without picking a cd. I've been doing this for several weeks now. I can't even listen to my mp3's. Someone help me. What am I to do, I need something new to get me going again.

Jimmy

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2003 :  21:41:19  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage
I was in a very similar rut as you a few months ago...I was afraid I was losing interest in rock music. Then I came into some good stuff. Use this opportunity to explore different kinds of music. I suggest you get yourself a copy of Marvin Gaye's "What's Going On" if you don't already own one.

"I joined the Cult of Clops / If I were you, I'd sleep with one eye open."
Go to Top of Page

pinkashtray
- FB Fan -

USA
96 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2003 :  21:42:59  Show Profile
if you haven't heard it yet..
dandy warhols-welcome to the monkey house

i got a broken face
Go to Top of Page

mun chien andalusia
= Quote Accumulator =

Italy
2139 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2003 :  21:44:26  Show Profile  Visit mun chien andalusia's Homepage  Click to see mun chien andalusia's MSN Messenger address
same thing happened to me.i passed through a period that i couldn't listen to any of my records,i just watched them or put a cd on the stereo listened to a couple of tracks and then turned on the tv.i think it was saturation.i couldn't listen to music any more and a collateral effect of that period is that i took the habbit of listening only a few secs of every song of the cds i buy.i suppose you should listen to some completely different kind of music of the one you are used to.at least it worked for me

join the cult of errol\and you can have a beer\without having to quit smoking
www.superabound.altervista.org
Go to Top of Page

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2003 :  21:58:46  Show Profile
this happens to me every couple of months or so. it's just time to buy some new music. then, when you buy a new batch of music, that will keep you occupied for a while, and by the time you start winding down on those, you'll probably be able to go back to some of your older stuff and be into it again (but then get more new stuff too). sometimes i won't listen to a cd for a long time. like, even years.., and then i get back on it and it's like the first time i heard it. (that happened to me with FB self-titled recently) .. music comes and goes (and then comes back)..

if i buy like three or four cd's over a weekend.. and at least 2 of them i really like, that will last me a while. i can obsess over a good cd for a decent amount time. like, lately i can't get enough of Air's "10,000Hz legend". i think it's such a clever album, without taking itself too seriously.

but yeah, you need to buy some new music. it costs money, but think of how much pleasure it gives you..
Go to Top of Page

the swimmer
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1602 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2003 :  22:22:31  Show Profile  Visit the swimmer's Homepage
or go watch a music DVD like "standing in the Shadows of Motown" like I just did.

If'n that don't inspire ye, ya got no soul inside that hollow shell you call a body.

That movie is so good it makes me weep like a little weepy girl.
Go to Top of Page

Cheeseman1000
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Iceland
8201 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2003 :  01:40:12  Show Profile  Visit Cheeseman1000's Homepage
Perhaps you should try some different sort of music. I don't know whether you're one of these who listens to one sort of music or lots. I tend to listen to rock-based stuff, and therefore my interest was hugely rekindled when I bought M83's 'Dead Cities, Red Seas & Lost Ghosts', which is a very electronic album, but really hugely amazing.
In fact, its my album of the year so far.

"I have joined the Cult Of Frank/And I have dearly paid"

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000