Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

WolfManMikeLonely
= Cult of Ray =

USA
936 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2003 :  18:23:47  Show Profile  Visit WolfManMikeLonely's Homepage
Frank Black was just on I Love the 80's Strikes Back '82 talking about how he thinks John Mellencamp must have an identity crisis because of constantly changing his stagename. That made my fucking night. Yes, I'm drunk.

"Hey fuck you if you don't like it."
-Johnny Thunders

realmeanmotorscutor
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1764 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2003 :  18:30:19  Show Profile
Damn, My roomate and I were watching that this afternoon . . .wait I might have been watching '83 . . . hmmm, still that's damn cool. I'll have to remember that - God knows they replay them enough.

Semper ubi sub ubi.
Go to Top of Page

Apesy
= Cult of Ray =

USA
411 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2003 :  18:33:01  Show Profile  Visit Apesy's Homepage
I hope he isn't one of the celebrities that says one two-second blurb and then never shows up again on any subsequent year.

-=Apesy
Go to Top of Page

WolfManMikeLonely
= Cult of Ray =

USA
936 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2003 :  18:34:26  Show Profile  Visit WolfManMikeLonely's Homepage
I'm afraid that he might be, but I'm going to keep watching just hoping he'll have some more comments.

-Johnny Thunders
Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2003 :  20:20:47  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage
My routine check to rockontv.com says that there's an episode of this series that will have Sonic Youth and The Pixies in it somehow for some reason...good stuff!

"I joined the Cult of Clops / If I were you, I'd sleep with one eye open."
Go to Top of Page

darwin
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

USA
5454 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2003 :  23:18:04  Show Profile
Charles Thompson/Black Francis/Frank Black was criticising someone for too many name changes. Hmmm. Perhaps this was pre-Frank Black.
Go to Top of Page

Purrsia
- FB Fan -

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2003 :  05:20:20  Show Profile  Visit Purrsia's Homepage
...or maybe Frank was being sarcastic in that dead pan way heh heh. I have no chance of seeing that show because what I have for cable TV barely surpasses what I could get with a damn antenna and set of rabbit ears >.<

Anyhow, I think JC and Frank are matched for name switches, at three a piece. How do I know this? My hubby is one of JC's biggest fans

--Purrsia
Go to Top of Page

JamesM
= Cult of Ray =

308 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2003 :  06:12:55  Show Profile
Frank was most definitely brandishing us with his unique (and very funny) sense of humor.

-Jimmy M.
Go to Top of Page

rockathon
- FB Fan -

241 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2003 :  06:16:59  Show Profile
people who don't understand sarcasm should be neutered
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11687 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2003 :  07:14:26  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
Nah, they're already grumpy enough without losing genitalia.

"Join the Cult of Frank / And you'll be enlightened"
Go to Top of Page

BrendanT
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
907 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2003 :  08:34:57  Show Profile
I don't care what people say he will always simply be 'Coug' to me. JCM that is! Maybe even 'The Coug'? Who knows?

Strummer-man
I had me a vision!

It's step, hip, step, pivot! Are you trying to piss-off the volcano?!
Go to Top of Page

Johnny Yen
= Cult of Ray =

USA
408 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2003 :  10:16:26  Show Profile  Visit Johnny Yen's Homepage
John "Don't Call Me Cougar" Mellencamp. Tony DeFries, Bowie's manager, was the one who bestowed upon him the name: Johnny Cougar. He was pissed. Not as pissed as when Michael J. Fox finds out I call him "Shakey J".
Go to Top of Page

Bartholomew
= Cult of Ray =

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2003 :  13:33:32  Show Profile
I seen I love 1986 the other day. The grown-up Punky Brewster, Soledad Moonfry (or whatever the fuck it is) says 1986 was cool because of the Pixies. That's all she says about them, but still I thought it was cool. And who knew Punky Brewster dug the Pixies. I wonder if Webster likes them...
Go to Top of Page

realmeanmotorscutor
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1764 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2003 :  14:38:29  Show Profile
Punky's awesome!

And "Shakey J" that's so terrible and yet I can't fight this smirk.

Semper ubi sub ubi.
Go to Top of Page

NimrodsSon
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1938 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2003 :  17:05:10  Show Profile
Damn I just turned the tv on right when '82 was ending

" / "
Go to Top of Page

Itchload
= Cult of Ray =

USA
891 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2003 :  18:36:41  Show Profile
Frank Black is on I Love the 80's 1984! He was talking about the Thompson Twins.
Go to Top of Page

WolfManMikeLonely
= Cult of Ray =

USA
936 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2003 :  18:39:04  Show Profile  Visit WolfManMikeLonely's Homepage
Yeah and he was just playing a My Little Pony doll! That made my night! Yes, I'm still drunk.

-Johnny Thunders
Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2003 :  18:57:04  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage
I need to watch when they repeat the entire series in one day...I saw most of the 70s in a single day.

"I joined the Cult of Clops / If I were you, I'd sleep with one eye open."
Go to Top of Page

PearlJamaholic
- FB Fan -

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2003 :  19:08:48  Show Profile
the 84 one has frank talk about billy idol. he sings rebel yell in a mocking way pretty funny stuff.
Go to Top of Page

realmeanmotorscutor
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1764 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2003 :  21:39:20  Show Profile
I watched that tonight! "Mo Mo Mo" haha. I didn't see him playing with the My little pony though and I saw the my little pony part. hurumph!

I saw him talking about Tina Turner, Idol, and the Thompson Twins hehehe.

I wonder if he's in a lot of these 80s shows.

Semper ubi sub ubi.
Go to Top of Page

Useyourname
- FB Fan -

185 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2003 :  23:02:34  Show Profile
I enjoy seeing frank playing with a my little pony and singing billy idol, it's kind of weird to see him on tv. My mom was screaming from downstairs like she was stabbed yelling that frank black was on tv. It reminds of the time Jesus' Son was playing on HBO and in the tb guide it said Frank Black instead of Jack Black, I guess the guy who wrote the synopsis was a fan and not thinking straight.

jim
Go to Top of Page

mereubu
= FB QuizMistress =

USA
2677 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2003 :  06:02:46  Show Profile  Visit mereubu's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by realmeanmotorscutor

I watched that tonight! "Mo Mo Mo" haha. I didn't see him playing with the My little pony though and I saw the my little pony part. hurumph!

I saw him talking about Tina Turner, Idol, and the Thompson Twins hehehe.

I wonder if he's in a lot of these 80s shows.

Semper ubi sub ubi.

It was just a very brief shot of him holding a My Little Pony doll and looking perplexed.

"I joined the Cult of Frank / And all I got was this lousy icon"
Go to Top of Page

realmeanmotorscutor
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1764 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2003 :  10:00:29  Show Profile
haha that's great.

does anyone else here remember My Little Pony's smelling really great? I don't remember if it was the plastic they used or if they were scented. I think it was just great smelling plastic.

Semper ubi sub ubi.
Go to Top of Page

apl4eris
~ Abstract Brain ~

USA
4800 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2003 :  10:12:09  Show Profile  Visit apl4eris's Homepage
They were scented - I thought they were godawful-smelling, but it may have been colored by the fact that I hated My Little Pony with a passion - my little sisters (much younger than me) adored them, and went around singing the theme song all the time, there were even movies that they watched over and over again....

Maybe FB's perplexed look also came from the strange smell emanating from the weird pink and glittery critter...
Go to Top of Page

wepeel
- FB Fan -

USA
86 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2003 :  17:59:51  Show Profile  Visit wepeel's Homepage  Click to see wepeel's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by realmeanmotorscutor

haha that's great.

does anyone else here remember My Little Pony's smelling really great? I don't remember if it was the plastic they used or if they were scented. I think it was just great smelling plastic.

Semper ubi sub ubi.

yes.

=wepeel
Go to Top of Page

Bartholomew
= Cult of Ray =

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2003 :  06:20:13  Show Profile
my wife seen Frank on the '87 show. said he was talking about Raising Arizona. I'm going to make it a point to watch the whole series. This is so cool!
Go to Top of Page

Atheist4Catholics
= Cult of Ray =

USA
925 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2003 :  11:28:46  Show Profile  Visit Atheist4Catholics's Homepage
Yeah, they put him on because he was the only celebrity who knew the name of the actor who played the evil biker in Raising Arizona. So far, I haven't seen any mention of the Pixies...

"Join the Cult of Clootie / and you'll get more booty!" www.mp3.com/clootie
Go to Top of Page

Itchload
= Cult of Ray =

USA
891 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2003 :  11:49:01  Show Profile
Randal Tex Cobb! I knew that as well
Go to Top of Page

apl4eris
~ Abstract Brain ~

USA
4800 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2003 :  12:13:11  Show Profile  Visit apl4eris's Homepage
Pisses me off they keep putting "the Pixies" under his name. And this was made recently. Oh well.
Go to Top of Page

realmeanmotorscutor
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1764 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2003 :  13:17:47  Show Profile
I think they should put both "Pixies" and FB&tC b/c using the Pixies makes sense as they became famous in the 80s.

Semper ubi sub ubi.
Go to Top of Page

apl4eris
~ Abstract Brain ~

USA
4800 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2003 :  13:22:28  Show Profile  Visit apl4eris's Homepage
Well yeah, I was thinkin the same . They shouldn't just have the Pixies there - they put current "jobs" or whatever under the other people's names that still have careers, ya know? I guess if it don't bother him, why should it bother me? ugh. I hope I get better soon, I have been living in this forum.
His comment about Tina Turner reminding him of Kaja Goo Goo was pretty funny, though.
Go to Top of Page

NimrodsSon
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1938 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2003 :  14:31:25  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Bartholomew

my wife seen Frank on the '87 show. said he was talking about Raising Arizona. I'm going to make it a point to watch the whole series. This is so cool!

Goddamnit, I watched the entire Raising Arizona thing last night and didn't see him at all

" / "
Go to Top of Page

Tales of a Modern Junkie
- FB Fan -

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2003 :  01:19:29  Show Profile  Visit Tales of a Modern Junkie's Homepage
quote:
Goddamnit, I watched the entire Raising Arizona thing last night and didn't see him at all

He was commenting on Randal Tex Cobb's performance in the movie and it shows Frank for about 3.5 seconds or something. I am glad they got FB to give his thoughts on that series.

"TAles of a Modern Junkie"
http://joeygarza1978.blogeasy.com/
Go to Top of Page

humpy-wheeler
- FB Fan -

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2003 :  11:42:13  Show Profile
The larger demographic that watches this stuff needs only to be notified of the most well known thing he was involved with, i.e. the pixies. And how many viewers do you think even knew who they were? Do y'all remember Tex's tattoo in that movie that said "MAMA DID'NT LOVE ME". Who knows what kind of torn up child he was on the inside! Such a great film.
Go to Top of Page

VoVat
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

USA
9168 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2003 :  13:28:12  Show Profile  Visit VoVat's Homepage  Click to see VoVat's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Pisses me off they keep putting "the Pixies" under his name. And this was made recently. Oh well.

Wasn't it VH1 who reported the Pixies reunion in the first place? Maybe they thought they WERE being current.

-Nathan
And how does lemur's skin reflect the sea?
http://vovat.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

realmeanmotorscutor
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1764 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2003 :  16:39:41  Show Profile
Nice, I just turned on the tv to the my little pony segment and I saw him. excellent.

who the hell is that regular commentator who extra drab? you know he thinks he's just hysterical. I can't stand him.

Semper ubi sub ubi.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000