Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Carolynanna
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Canada
6556 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2003 :  09:04:52  Show Profile
He said that it is a good luck charm but for money. And that's why the cat has its paw out, like to receive money.
Go to Top of Page

realmeanmotorscutor
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1764 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2003 :  10:56:08  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by PearlJamaholic

if your talking about riverscuomo.com its been down for a long time now and you really didnt need a password. all it was was a history like thing. When he had is first guitar lesson and pointless stuff. Then every once in awhile he would release a home demo on it which you good get from just about any weezer fan site. It seemed like a thing that long time fans of weezer could wave over the newbies heads. And it worked because they really didnt know what was it. I believe Rivers is a good guy call him a asshole or whatever but name a band that makes a album the fans wanted. He even took us step by step through the process of the songs. Even if most Weezer fans dont like the album it was neat when it was happening.You'd wake up go to the site karl would post few songs that they worked on the day before. Rivers does listen to the fans which i think is cool maybe doesnt do every thing they say but still listens. When i saw them in philly after the green album they played Tired of Sex off Pinkerton. The only Pinkerton song they played for awhile. Then with enough fans complaining by the time i saw them in camden They played 5 songs from Pinkerton. Not to really turn the table around but i was at the breeders board and someone said that Frank doesnt do autographs. I dont know if this is true but as you can see just about anybody can be a asshole in someones eyes even if aint true.

No the Rivers Correspondence Board was something different. As for giving us every demo as they were made, that was cool but a big big mistake on Weezer's part and they realized it. We became attached to certain versions and were only dissappointed with the final result. Take Burndt Jamb, that was an amazing song but they ruined it - now it's one of their worst in my opinion. I'd rather be kept in the dark until the very end. That's why I refuse to listen to any of FB's stuff before it's released. I just don't trust that it's the final version because I've been misinformed too many times.

As for Rivers listening to his fans, I think you all have it backward. I think the problem is that he doesn't listen to his fans. Now I'm not saying any musician should because that would detract from their artistic creativity but Rivers blatantly ignores his fans - no, scratch that - he will intentionally do the opposite of what his fans want.

If Frank doesn't give autographs, good for him. I do, however, seem to recall people saying they got his autograph. If I were famous I'd probably give autographs just because it wouldn't be worth the hassle saying no and I suppose why not just give it. But what the hell good is an autograph? I mean who cares? I'm through with idolizing people to the point of wanting their signed name. They're just people. You can respect them and what they do and even want to ask them some questions but when it comes down to it I'm not about to lower myself to get an autograph. Robert Crumb also refuses autographs and he's a good man for it.

Semper ubi sub ubi.
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
6118 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2003 :  13:01:22  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address
I love autographs

''it's not a box, it's a submarine''
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000