Page: of 7

anazgnos
= Cult of Ray =

USA
381 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2003 :  19:27:12  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by darwin

It's not much evidence, but if reunion rumor was completely false then in the Kings Court thread wouldn' t one expect Frank Black to have shot down the idea given the numerous questions about it.

Well that goes back to the whole nature of this particular phenomemon. It's already been established that the prinicpals ARE talking, they just AREN'T talking about the veracity of the rumour. They are obviously either complicit, or perhaps for legal or financial reasons are disinclined to confirm or deny it.
Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2003 :  22:33:36  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage
You know, since people are speculating...and this will go on and on until an official announcement is put in place, I'm going to throw in a somewhat of a personal conclusion. Take it for what you will. On my "insider info and speculation," you'll just have to take it or leave it, and trust me that I'm telling the truth.

I personally feel that the likelihood of the Pixies getting together for a reunion are very likely. More than 50/50 likely. Maybe about 75/25 likely. Everything just adds up. If not now, maybe 2 years from now, but I feel that it's inevitable. World tour reunion? Maybe. I think a single Pixies concert is a very, very likely.

I have 'insider info' from more than one source, I'm going to allow them to remain anonymous and I won't even tell you what they told me. Cheap? Yes. But what these people told me is very believeable...in fact, part of what this person told me has already been publicly confirmed, so I know that he's at least not 100% full of shit. The other piece of information is someone who I trust greatly and who I know wouldn't lie to me (this person has no reason to). The information I was presented wasn't even that specific...though it was pretty vague, it adds to the puzzle.

There's also more evidence, such as FB's recent divorce (which could add to the possible financial dependency on a reunion), the fact that he's more open about the Pixies and playing Pixies songs these days, having Dave drum at a show within the past year (I believe), them POSSIBLY getting together in the past few years (which I believe both Kim and FB have said something like this)...the list goes on.

I know you're all rolling your eyes and saying "give me a break." It doesn't matter really if you believe me or not. I just feel like I'm a generally trusted person around here...I have nothing to gain or lose by this...and I thought I'd just give my two cents. Like I said, take it for what it is. Do I want there to be a Pixies reunion? Hell no, I think FB is doing a great job where he's at, and I'd love to hear another Breeders album. Would I go? Hell yes I would. There you go...enjoy!

"I joined the Cult of Frank / Did anyone else have to give up their first born?"

Edited by - El Barto on 09/20/2003 22:35:47
Go to Top of Page

Visiting Sasquatch
= Cult of Ray =

USA
451 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2003 :  07:22:42  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by El Barto

...enjoy!

Enjoy what? Soooo you're saying there IS a Pixies reunion tour?

Well I have sources too, and it said, "Better Not Tell You Now." It also has no reason to lie to me. I shook it again looking for a better answer.

Damn all these vague sources!
Go to Top of Page

Sheamus
= Cult of Ray =

Australia
345 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2003 :  03:24:43  Show Profile  Visit Sheamus's Homepage  Click to see Sheamus's MSN Messenger address
He's saying "enjoy my enticing but still ultimately inconclusive post".

We're enjoying being still in the dark and confused. I'm having the time of my life, aren't you?

ingersoll
- FB Fan -

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2003 :  03:50:30  Show Profile
i wonder if they'd ask eric feldman to tour with them.
Go to Top of Page

blarg007
= Cult of Ray =

USA
493 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2003 :  05:55:17  Show Profile
as valid as anything right now: a source in chicago has a friend
who does talk to Mr. Black from time to time-has said before all this
the same thing that all this is based on -that Frank is saying probably
he will but nothing definite or specific to anyone yet -as anyone who caught
Frank on-line HERE LAST WEEK knows.
so what else is new?

R
Go to Top of Page

interloper
= Cult of Ray =

440 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2003 :  10:48:50  Show Profile
Pixies reunion....boo....I have Pixies worship complex like anyone, but there's a time and place for everything, and the Pixies time and place has officially been dead for over ten years. Just as I'd rather not be transported back to high school, Frank should do exactly what he's doing...move on. I doubt that "the man" would find nearly as much satisfaction moving backwards as he does moving forwards. Sometimes it's hard to not stick to a time period we are fond of, or to associate other people's endeavors with our pasts. It's silly. A Pixies reunion would be a mockery of the integrety, creativity, and above all honesty that made the band as great as they were. But that's just me. The Catholics get my vote over a Pixies reunion any day.

Same goes for this stupid Led Zeppelin reunion with Dave Grohl that I keep hearing about. Every time Black Dog gets played on the radio, Jimmy Page buys a new house. Let it die.
Go to Top of Page

anazgnos
= Cult of Ray =

USA
381 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2003 :  11:28:41  Show Profile
Pixies can reunite or not...I know I'll still be going to Frank Black shows in 20 years...

"Join the Cult of Frank / more fun than a trip to the Black Lodge"
Go to Top of Page

stymie
= Cult of Ray =

385 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2003 :  11:41:16  Show Profile  Visit stymie's Homepage
I think it's fantastic news as well and I read the article the other day. Thank you to all that won't attend so that I can get tickets to the shows easier and I won't have to hear your bitching on my recordings of the shows. Thank you for your support.
Go to Top of Page

kromkamp
= Cult of Ray =

291 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2003 :  14:34:18  Show Profile
I tend to agree with El Barto, that at this point its only a matter of time before we see a reunion. (yay!)

That being said, frank's comments in his thread lead me to believe now is not quite yet that time. I am, however, curious to know if the jam-sessions comment he made months ago was true (and if that includes Kim).
Go to Top of Page

Velouria13
- FB Fan -

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2003 :  10:30:33  Show Profile
Look, I'm only 19 and the Pixies broke up long before I ever knew what Indie Rock was. I'm their biggest fan now, and I want to see them play. Who cares if they don't look and sound exactly like they did over a decade ago? If you're a real fan, you'll still know they're the greatest band of all time and that they demand respect. Frank Black never has been, is, or will be a sell out. This reunion is important to me. To see them live would be a dream come true, even if they blew it as bad as the Velvet Underground did. The Velvet Underground is still one of the best, do you really think a reunion will tarnish the Pixies? Don't be pretentious, go see them, support them. They are the greatest, I'd fly to Antarctica to see them play one damn song if I had to, just because they are the Pixies. They are the damn Pixies! How can you not want to see them live!?
Go to Top of Page

Brackish Girl
~ Soul Eater ~

Ireland
1750 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2003 :  12:34:01  Show Profile
i'm pretty sure everyone here will go see them if they play.
even if its just to see frank in action an extra time.

doo doo doo...
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2003 :  13:42:31  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address
What about the catholics? are miracle religion and the human sexual response reuniting?

''it's not a box, it's a submarine''
Go to Top of Page

Brackish Girl
~ Soul Eater ~

Ireland
1750 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2003 :  14:05:25  Show Profile
okay jop, i may be slow, but, pardon???
Go to Top of Page

Chris Knight
= Cult of Ray =

USA
899 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2003 :  02:05:46  Show Profile  Visit Chris Knight's Homepage
Good one Jop, though it's Miracle Legion. :)
Go to Top of Page

mark t
- FB Fan -

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2003 :  04:26:28  Show Profile
all great bands that break up eventualy re-unite , these guys will too.everyone's freinds except kim but i think fb can look pst that$$. anyway the sound will be great with much more professionalism big big sound....
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2003 :  04:56:14  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address
stupid me

I didn't do any research for my last post

It's miracle legion off course

''it's not a box, it's a submarine''
Go to Top of Page

dmarkcox
- FB Fan -

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2003 :  21:29:59  Show Profile
I saw an almost beaten Pixies fan at Exit Inn last year because his Wave of Mutilation was doing some pontetial damage to a sound board. But no foul was called by me. I wanted to jump too! What a fantastic show. Well, Crazy Horse was a day and being a Surfer Rosa fan myself, to be truthful, a Pixies reunion just aint Frank Black. And I say that knowing Pixies is his stuff too so don't take me too technical. However, some Guest Vocals and extra Drums would be KILLER DEALER! VH1... who? Great crowd this board!

Ten Miles to Kingwood

Edited by - dmarkcox on 11/25/2003 15:23:18
Go to Top of Page

Frog in the Sand
-+ Le premiere frog +-

France
2715 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2003 :  13:58:44  Show Profile  Visit Frog in the Sand's Homepage
According to a friend of mine who works with many independent labels in France and the UK, 4AD is preparing a new Pixies compilation that may include early demos and/or some new songs. My friend thinks the Pixies reformation may well be, in fact, a temporary collaboration. However, he doesn't exclude the possibility of a real, durable reunion. Personally I don't know what to think of this, I'm not even sure this reunion would be a good idea...

One thing seems certain (another source confirmed it to me): Frank should be back in the studio soon - with the Pixies or the Catholics, nobody seems to know for sure...
Go to Top of Page

jediroller
* Dog in the Sand *

France
1718 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2003 :  04:56:33  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Frog in the Sand

According to a friend of mine who works with many independent labels in France and the UK, 4AD is preparing a new Pixies compilation that may include early demos and/or some new songs.

Wow. Seems like EVERYBODY here has an inside source
I, however, don't, so I just checked on www.4ad.com and found this:

"Rumours of a Pixies reunion have been widely reported across the internet. Although 4AD represented Pixies when they were an active band and continue to release their catalogue, the label is not involved in their current activities so stop buggin' us for news!
However, there have been plans in place for a long time to issue a DVD of the band (which will include a complete live show alongside a documentary, their videos and more) plus a new retrospective compilation CD. These are due for release in spring 2004."

There's more on the site. I'm sure it's already been mentioned here though.

--
"C'est la vie" whatever that means, la-de-da...
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6009 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2003 :  05:19:09  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address
C'est la vie means: that's life!

But you probably knew that already

"I joined the Culf of Frank/ And now I do not know what...to do"
Go to Top of Page

jediroller
* Dog in the Sand *

France
1718 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2003 :  05:59:18  Show Profile
Haha! Thanks Jop, I did

That line is actually a Vic Chesnutt quote.

--
"C'est la vie" whatever that means, la-de-da...
Go to Top of Page

Frog in the Sand
-+ Le premiere frog +-

France
2715 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2003 :  08:39:49  Show Profile  Visit Frog in the Sand's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by jediroller

quote:

According to a friend of mine who works with many independent labels in France and the UK, 4AD is preparing a new Pixies compilation that may include early demos and/or some new songs.

Wow. Seems like EVERYBODY here has an inside source

Funny, that's exactly what I thought when I found this topic, and later again when I finally decided to share my info... "Hey, looks like everybody has something to say, so why not me?"

Anyway, thanks for the 4AD quote - I read it 2 months ago but didn't pay much attention to it then.
Go to Top of Page

jo
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
516 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2003 :  03:54:16  Show Profile  Visit jo's Homepage
quote:

nope, thats just the new Best Of we're doing, that is coming out the same time as the DVD - Death to the Pixies is about to be deleted.

so the labels person got a bit carried away :)
Go to Top of Page

Cheeseman1000

Iceland
8201 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2003 :  04:00:43  Show Profile  Visit Cheeseman1000's Homepage
[does major double take]
Obviously I missed this one. New best of? What will be different to DTTP?

"What are we going to do tonight, Brain?"
"Same thing we do every night, Pinky: try to take over the world!"
Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3420 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2003 :  04:24:41  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage
the tracklisting.
it does seem odd having a 2nd best of, but Jo has explained it before, and i'm sure she'll probly do it again here now-ish.
Go to Top of Page

Frog in the Sand
-+ Le premiere frog +-

France
2715 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2003 :  05:10:32  Show Profile  Visit Frog in the Sand's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by jo

[quote]Originally posted by Frog in the Sand

so the labels person got a bit carried away :)

Say he was half right... but sure I'll give him a kick up the ass.

Anyway, thanks for the info.

I joined the Cult of Frank's Van / My intentions were 666
Go to Top of Page

Itchload
= Cult of Ray =

USA
891 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2003 :  10:53:36  Show Profile
Insider info insider info insider info! if I hear this phrase one more time i'm going to puke, no one here is friends with Frank, stop being delusional, some of you might know the cousin of the guy who used to date Rich Gilbert's sister's brother in-law, that's about it.
Go to Top of Page

matto
= Cult of Ray =

USA
943 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2003 :  14:06:02  Show Profile  Visit matto's Homepage
Yes David Lovering drummed for Frank last year at the Coach House in San Juan Capastrano (sp), after his magic show. Frank came on solo, then one was joined by two Catholics, then Dave came to finish the set. Maybe five songs with drums, including some Pixies. It was great.

"nie za volkot, volkot na vratot"
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2003 :  22:49:09  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage
Except me. ;)

I prefer the term 'inside source'.
Go to Top of Page

anazgnos
= Cult of Ray =

USA
381 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2003 :  23:30:49  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by matto

Yes David Lovering drummed for Frank last year at the Coach House in San Juan Capastrano (sp), after his magic show. Frank came on solo, then one was joined by two Catholics, then Dave came to finish the set. Maybe five songs with drums, including some Pixies. It was great.

"nie za volkot, volkot na vratot"

dude, i so know that already, i was there. it was my birthday.

"join the Cult of the Triforium / If we form a circle round it / in our white robes / God will surely play for us / the authentic Celestial Music / at last"
Go to Top of Page

SpliffTastic
- FB Fan -

14 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2003 :  09:32:20  Show Profile
I really hope this happens. It's the most exciting music-related news I've heard in a long time. Of course, it's trendy to bitch about things, so go ahead and bitch about the reunion tour. I'll just be happy that it might happen and wait for that DVD which sounds awesome.
Go to Top of Page

riverfelix
- FB Fan -

Belgium
38 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2003 :  06:17:51  Show Profile  Visit riverfelix's Homepage
Hi all,
there WILL be a Pixies reunion tour in 2004 !
It has already been confirmed today that they will play at Rock Werchter (Belgium) in July 2004.

It was confirmed by the concert promotor, by Belgian newspapers and by radio and TV-stations.

Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2003 :  11:09:46  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage
This was sent to me today by 'Sven', not sure of its legitimacy:

quote:
Tour is ON!!!

Rock Werchter confirmed today that Pixies will play the 2004 edition of this festival! Pixies were twice before on the bill. First names are David Bowie, Metallica and The Pixies

http://193.121.55.225/tt/tt.php?p=813&g=1&s=0&r=0&x=1
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2003 :  11:17:00  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
I think the Pixies should start in Vancouver where they left off, and tour the lesser-travelled roads as they did musically by touring through western Canada (hitting Saskatoon in the process) and continuing to Montreal. They can turn south, hit the east coast, maybe work their way back west, take a break, and off to Europe. I really just hope they hit SOME big city near Saskatoon, the chances of them coming to Saskatoon seem slim. It seems increasingly likely that they ARE planning to tour.

"Join the Cult of Frank / And you'll be enlightened"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000