New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2003 :  10:56:50  Show Profile
just passing this along .. just heard about it.

this is the best place to see Frank ever.

tickets go on sale the 11th.

mccabes.com

i just noticed that the mccabes website links this site, if you click FB in the schedule. how bout that?

Edited by - floop on 08/04/2003 11:03:56

NimrodsSon
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1938 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2003 :  14:07:26  Show Profile
lucky Californians...someone tape it!!!
Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2003 :  14:20:53  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage
Maybe you should check the regular website's appearance listings: the shows have been listed since last week. owned!

---------
FRANK BLACK SATAN WORKSHIP BLACK MASS
Go to Top of Page

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2003 :  14:31:25  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by El Barto

Maybe you should check the regular website's appearance listings: the shows have been listed since last week. owned!

---------
FRANK BLACK SATAN WORKSHIP BLACK MASS

why didn't you post about it then, biiiiiatch?
Go to Top of Page

FranknWeezer
= Cult of Ray =

USA
356 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2003 :  14:49:36  Show Profile
Wow. Isn't that the only venue he's ever played "The Cult of Ray" in? Maybe someone can request he give us an encore of an awesome song we never get to hear live.

-FranknWeezer
Go to Top of Page

BLT
> Teenager of the Year <

South Sandwich Islands
4204 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2003 :  15:13:28  Show Profile
Nice. My wife and I will be there Saturday. Thanks, floop.
Go to Top of Page

matto
= Cult of Ray =

USA
943 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2003 :  07:02:50  Show Profile  Visit matto's Homepage
FLOOP BE A GOOD KID AND SEND ME A BOOT

MATT O
TFYROM

"nie za volkot, volkot na vratot"
Go to Top of Page

IntoTheWhite
- FB Fan -

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2003 :  23:07:36  Show Profile
I just moved to LA a couple months ago, I am so incredibly excited to see him here! It'll be my first time seeing Frank outside of Minneapolis. Seeing Frank in LA was one of the things I was most looking forward to after moving. I CANT WAIT!!

I have a question to anyone who is familiar with this McCabes. How do I go about getting tickets? I can't get into their site... Do I need to go there, can I purchase online, how do I do this?

And there ain't no day...
And there ain't no night...

Edited by - IntoTheWhite on 08/09/2003 23:23:19
Go to Top of Page

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2003 :  02:42:35  Show Profile
tickets go on sale this monday. they open at 10am. you can do it over the phone with a credit card, calling them directly. or go into the store.

just call monday morning:

310-828-4497
Go to Top of Page

IntoTheWhite
- FB Fan -

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2003 :  12:33:33  Show Profile
Thanks!

Go to Top of Page

Robert Onion
- FB Fan -

USA
61 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2003 :  17:38:11  Show Profile
I'm going to both shows (the 10 oclock shows) with my girlfriend. This will be my first time seeing Frank Black solo.

Since i don't live in LA i'm ordering my tickets through a money order
Go to Top of Page

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2003 :  10:18:15  Show Profile
just got tickets to the Friday and Saturday 10:00 shows. i'm going alone for now, unless i can find a cute girl to accompany me.

can't wait.
Go to Top of Page

IntoTheWhite
- FB Fan -

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2003 :  10:28:19  Show Profile
I can't wait either. I'm also going to the 10pm shows both Friday and Saturday. I'm waiting for a friend to call back to see if he wants to go. Frank is one of the few performers I'll see by myself if I have to.

Go to Top of Page

BLT
> Teenager of the Year <

South Sandwich Islands
4204 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2003 :  13:58:48  Show Profile
I bought my tickets this morning. The guy at McCabe's said these shows are selling out quick, so don't delay if you're gonna be in LA at the end of the month.
Go to Top of Page

noexx
= Cult of Ray =

361 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2003 :  12:04:42  Show Profile
unfortunately (not really) i have to go meet family in northern california the 29th! i will miss all the shows......otherwise i would be there. hope someone records them.
ryan
Go to Top of Page

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2003 :  12:57:05  Show Profile
found me a girlie to go to the Saturday night show..

working on another one for Friday..

i'm in serious "dating" mode these days..
Go to Top of Page

Brackish Girl
~ Soul Eater ~

Ireland
1750 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2003 :  14:56:25  Show Profile
i'm really pissed off now. if i stayed in LA a little longer i would have seen sonic youth, FEAR, AND frank? this sucks. oh well, i'll anxiously wait til october...

-Jessie
Go to Top of Page

TRANSMARINE
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
2002 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2003 :  11:42:29  Show Profile
For those of you going, you will not be dissapointed in Frank's McCabes show(s). I saw him there in Dec 2000 with Moris Tepper, Lyle Workman (!), and Dave Phillips. It started out one-man accoustic and slowly these other fellas came out to join. Frank played Cult of Ray that night, yah! I forgot about that...he also played Angst which was fun, because Workman had no idea what it was but tried to strum along much to Frank's delight. The audience got a big kick outta the "kill it with your shoe" lyric. For the encore he played about three songs...starting with (if I remember correctly) Steak & Sabre, but cutting off in the middle of it to do Solid Gold instead, and he of course threw in Where Is My Mind too. It was the best Black accoustic show I've seen, and he was in such great comical spirits (maybe he had sipped on some spirits?)...and I had the pleasure of meeting Lyle after the show, and also got Frank to sign a photo I have of him, and my DITS advance cd. So, I hope you all enjoy!

Catchin' blue in his eyes that were brown

-bRIAN
Go to Top of Page

BLT
> Teenager of the Year <

South Sandwich Islands
4204 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2003 :  11:14:10  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by TRANSMARINE

For those of you going, you will not be dissapointed in Frank's McCabes show(s). I saw him there in Dec 2000 with Moris Tepper, Lyle Workman (!), and Dave Phillips. It started out one-man accoustic and slowly these other fellas came out to join.

That sounds a lot like a show at The Mint (in LA) a coupla years ago. Just Frank and his acoustic (I remember he opened with "I Gotta Move", then Dave, Moris, (and Eric on bass, as I recall) and soon the little stage was full. Music don't get much better!
Go to Top of Page

TRANSMARINE
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
2002 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2003 :  11:34:43  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by BLT

quote:
Originally posted by TRANSMARINE

For those of you going, you will not be dissapointed in Frank's McCabes show(s). I saw him there in Dec 2000 with Moris Tepper, Lyle Workman (!), and Dave Phillips. It started out one-man accoustic and slowly these other fellas came out to join.

That sounds a lot like a show at The Mint (in LA) a coupla years ago. Just Frank and his acoustic (I remember he opened with "I Gotta Move", then Dave, Moris, (and Eric on bass, as I recall) and soon the little stage was full. Music don't get much better!

BLT I was at that show!!! YAY! How great was Tepper's opening stuff? I've been trying to locate his cd's...I know he has two. That show was weird, man. I sat right in front of the Frank at the table beneath him with my brother, a friend and his girlfriend. We wanted good seats so we paid the extra to have 'dinner' there. Well let me tell you, they didn't even bring the food until Frank came out, so we sat there uncomfortably gobbling down food two feet away from Frank who kept looking at us strangely. It was hilariously uncomfortable (I wonder if he was hungry...I almost offered him a slice of my pizza). I wonder if you and I saw the same performance? Didn't Eric Drew look amazingly uncomfortable on the bass? And who was that on drums? Someone told me it was Nick Vincent, but I dunno man. That was a very interesting show indeed...I'd love to hear more of your memories on it!

Catchin' blue in his eyes that were brown

-bRIAN
Go to Top of Page

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2003 :  12:38:34  Show Profile
i was at both shows you both speak of.. Mint and McCabes 2000. McCabes is my favorite place to see Frank (i've been seeing his shows there since his first Black Francis solo performances in 1990)..

i really didn't like the dinner theatre thing about the Mint. everyone standing had to stand way behjnd the tables, and everyone in front at the tables just sat there eating.. kind of lame.

my girlfriend (at the time) and i stood next to Joey Santiago and his wife who were both very friendly..

every show i've seen at McCabes usually starts with him solo for about half, and then someone else joining him (and/or the whole band).. if you get there and see all the instruments set up, it's kind of a dead giveaway who's coming out.

but when i first saw him in 90, and then Joey came out to join him.. that was a HUGE surprise. fucking great.

anyway, i can't wait till the shows.. see you guys there ..

Edited by - floop on 08/21/2003 12:45:41
Go to Top of Page

BLT
> Teenager of the Year <

South Sandwich Islands
4204 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2003 :  13:25:16  Show Profile
TRANSMARINE, my wife and I were at the early show at The Mint. We didn't get dinner so we had to stand behind you and all the sitting folks at the front. Great show (expect for some drunk broad next to us screaming for Pixies songs all night). You're right, Moris was cool. Wish I had taken my camera to that one.
Go to Top of Page

Blackolyte
- FB Fan -

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2003 :  10:55:08  Show Profile
My wife and I will be at the 10:00pm show on the 30th. It's gonna be pretty cool!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000