New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jay
- FB Fan -

Ireland
35 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2003 :  10:59:17  Show Profile
frank appeared with the frames at the witnness festival on sunday. i presume they did debaser as th frames have been covering it a lot lately

Old Neptuna
- FB Fan -

Ireland
200 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2003 :  12:17:00  Show Profile
Kinda guessed that was going to happen - Glen was with Frank at the TBMC before and after the gig. I was too knackered to go to witnness after Friday!

Tuna
Go to Top of Page

Brackish Girl
~ Soul Eater ~

Ireland
1750 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2003 :  13:09:42  Show Profile
you're kidding right??? i was there, but i can't stand the frames so i got as far away from the main stage as possible. darn. darn darn DARN! ah, well. and i almost missed the flaming lips too! not a good day for me.

bored of the little comments. i guess i'll just have an actual signature. much shorter.
-Jessie
Go to Top of Page

bazza
* Dog in the Sand *

Ireland
1439 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2003 :  13:25:18  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Brackish Girl

but i can't stand the frames

heathen!

You have to be 100% behind someone, before you can stab them in the back - David Brent
Go to Top of Page

therewererumours
* Dog in the Sand *

Ireland
1240 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2003 :  08:03:45  Show Profile  Visit therewererumours's Homepage
Ahhhhh!!!!!! Bollox on a stick!!!!. I hav'nt been posting here alot because I was so pissed off I missed out on the Temple Bar gig through lack of funds and my own stupidity. But luckly I have great friends who who got me a camping ticket for Witness. That is such a fucking annoying coinciedence that he played with The Frames cause I was thinking he might do some sort of inpromtue thing at Witness but he had to go and play with a band I really dont like(sorry Bazza). I was walking around when they played that Revelation song which is the only one of thiers I like, I think I was going to see Har Mar Superstar who was fucking hilarious!

Highlights of this years Witness for me were Ladytron, Royksopp, Mogwai, Flaming Lips(brillant, dressed up as The White Strips and played one of thier songs cause they had to cancel), Mars Volta, The Warlocks, The Kings of Leon, The Cardigans( I knew all the songs, which was great), Supergrass and The Redneck Manifesto. Would liked to have seen Beth Orton, Lemon Jelly, Calexico and The Streets, but you cant get to see everybody. Fuck am I sunburnt, I look like I've stood in front of a nuclear explosion, I have perfect white pair of glasses on where I did'nt get burnt!

"I meet a man with no little toe and a real big head"
Go to Top of Page

bazza
* Dog in the Sand *

Ireland
1439 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2003 :  08:49:07  Show Profile
another bleedin' heathen!

ah well. hey barra - know about vicar street? tickets 22.50 and are on sale now. see you there fella!

Is your work done? Are all pigs fed, watered and ready to fly?....
- David Brent
Go to Top of Page

Brackish Girl
~ Soul Eater ~

Ireland
1750 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2003 :  15:28:02  Show Profile
i think i'm goin. i felt a bit stupid not knowin anyone last friday and bein all alone.:( can we arrange to at least salute each other???
the flaming lips didnt play a stripes song did they? i enjoyed being among the minority of people who knew thank you jack white. god i love the flaming lips.
*ps rumours:calexico are now my new favourite band. damn that drummer is good-lookin'! and beth orton was funny!

bored of the little comments. i guess i'll just have an actual signature. much shorter.
-Jessie
Go to Top of Page

Brackish Girl
~ Soul Eater ~

Ireland
1750 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2003 :  15:29:49  Show Profile
oh yeah and frank didnt go on with the frames! woopee! i didn't miss him!

-Jessie
Go to Top of Page

therewererumours
* Dog in the Sand *

Ireland
1240 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2003 :  21:15:57  Show Profile  Visit therewererumours's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Brackish Girl

the flaming lips didnt play a stripes song did they? i enjoyed being among the minority of people who knew thank you jack white. god i love the flaming lips.
*ps rumours:calexico are now my new favourite band. damn that drummer is good-lookin'! and beth orton was funny!

-Jessie

They sure did, that 12th Army one(?!), had everybody rockin and I could'nt stop humming it all weekend!(I think they started abit early), Wayne wouldn't stop apologiziging for not being The White Stripes and explaines the hole fibre optic Jesus story, it was all very cool and funny. I really wanted to see Calexico and Beth Orton but The Warlocks had two drummers and were really fucking cool(very heroin chic, but still really good music) and Ladytron were very sexy and had me dancing, I really want to buy thier album now!

Go to Top of Page

Brackish Girl
~ Soul Eater ~

Ireland
1750 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2003 :  12:24:21  Show Profile
i just got to the lips in the middle of race for the prize. yeah, he explained the fibre-optic jesus a lot. you got the fight test ep?

-Jessie
Go to Top of Page

therewererumours
* Dog in the Sand *

Ireland
1240 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2003 :  02:01:59  Show Profile  Visit therewererumours's Homepage
Nop, is it good?

Go to Top of Page

Brackish Girl
~ Soul Eater ~

Ireland
1750 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2003 :  10:39:01  Show Profile
yup, not only does it have 'thank you jack white' and fight test(obviously), it has covers of kylie's 'can't get you out of my head', radiohead's 'knives out' and beck's 'the golden age'. there's some mix of 'do you realize?' and a new song called 'the strange design of concience'.

-Jessie

Edited by - Brackish Girl on 07/17/2003 10:46:35
Go to Top of Page

Brackish Girl
~ Soul Eater ~

Ireland
1750 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2003 :  10:48:15  Show Profile
i can't believe i wrote 'fight club' instead of 'fight test'.

-Jessie
Go to Top of Page

therewererumours
* Dog in the Sand *

Ireland
1240 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2003 :  14:07:36  Show Profile  Visit therewererumours's Homepage
Oh, thats what the Kylie song is on, I thought it was a B-side. Nice one.

Go to Top of Page

Brackish Girl
~ Soul Eater ~

Ireland
1750 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2003 :  06:29:05  Show Profile
how could i forget, it also has the fight test video and the christmas on mars promo. i so want to see that movie.

-Jessie
Go to Top of Page

Foucaults Dog
- FB Fan -

Ireland
124 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2003 :  09:54:45  Show Profile
So Revelate was a pretty good tune, but as far as my experience of Glen and the frames goes, their greatest talent appears to be latching on to more talented folks. It doesn't seem so long ago that they'd book DRAGONFLY (Colm Querney and Mick Duff's old band [early 1990s])as support to fill the Olympia. Now Glen's latched onto old Charles. Bit of a shame as it aint doin Frank's sound any good. I don't know about you folks but the Frank Black and Glen Hansard session on 'Pet Sounds' was a real let-down to me when you compare it to the Gideon Coe FB Solo session the week before (check it out in the BBC 6 pixies archive).
Bit Sad to hear he's finally spent some time in Dublin and wasted it in the company of Dublin's ultimately pretentious set (Glen, Bono et al.)

Stephen
Go to Top of Page

Brackish Girl
~ Soul Eater ~

Ireland
1750 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2003 :  16:06:29  Show Profile
i hate revelate. i really hate all that man's lyrics. he is indeed pretentious, as you said.

-Jessie
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000