New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3423 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2003 :  05:11:42  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage
this was posted on the throwingmusic.com message board by jo, our friendly 4ad liason officer:

its coming out early next year. Its always been happening - but annoyingly although it was supposed to be September this year, it wont make that date (mainly because of the amount of time we need up-front for all territories). However, an early new year date is looking very good indeed. keep an eye on 4ad.com for more info though...

one of the main reasons for the delay was down to the fact we've just got the rights back to the Pixies catalogue in the US, plus there's been a ton of legal stuff needed doing.

It is happening though, so no longer need you feel ripped off. Or if you do still feel that way, then hey, you wont for much longer...

so a little bit longer to wait.....nevermind....atleast it's still coming.

Chip Away Boy
= Cult of Ray =

914 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2003 :  10:09:27  Show Profile
i just hope it's worth the wait
Go to Top of Page

Douglas
= Cult of Ray =

Sweden
308 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2003 :  16:07:19  Show Profile
SHIT! I've been longing so badly ever since I heard about it. ahwell... we'll get it eventually I suppose.
Go to Top of Page

PixiesDeal
- FB Fan -

USA
61 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2003 :  17:23:36  Show Profile  Visit PixiesDeal's Homepage  Click to see PixiesDeal's MSN Messenger address
oh boo! I was SO looking forward to spending my financial aid check on that dvd. Oh well, I can wait a little longer.:)

peace, love and rock on,
nadia

"When people ask me what band I'm in and I say The Pixies, they say, 'Oh, it's an all-girl group, right?' I guess the name is pretty wimpy"-Kim Deal
Go to Top of Page

Homers_pet_monkey
= Official forum monkey =

United Kingdom
17125 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2003 :  09:49:12  Show Profile
WOO HOO ! - I have found someone through e-bay who is selling DVD-R's of the 'For T.V only' program on the Pixies that aired only in the U.S. Just hope my DVD player can play DVD-R's. I have seen pictures and it look pretty good.

Go to Top of Page

PixiesDeal
- FB Fan -

USA
61 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2003 :  20:14:32  Show Profile  Visit PixiesDeal's Homepage  Click to see PixiesDeal's MSN Messenger address
what is that about? i never heard of it. hmmm.

peace, love and rock on,
nadia

"When people ask me what band I'm in and I say The Pixies, they say, 'Oh, it's an all-girl group, right?' I guess the name is pretty wimpy"-Kim Deal
Go to Top of Page

Doog
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1220 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2003 :  02:19:50  Show Profile  Visit Doog's Homepage  Click to see Doog's MSN Messenger address
Um, they aired the Pixies documentary "Gouge" twice on Channel4 over the last year in the UK, HPM....

http://www.nimrods-son.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

Retch
- FB Fan -

Ireland
64 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2003 :  08:29:36  Show Profile
ah for fuck's sake.......i can't believe it's been pushed back AGAIN......this is taking forever.

This ain't no holiday.
Go to Top of Page

gracie
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
573 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2003 :  10:32:55  Show Profile
i hope its worth the wait. whats it going to include does anyone know?
i hope it not just the tv documentry and some live footage- i want interviews. i missed it twice but did see the sonic youth one which was quite good but only 15 minutes long
Go to Top of Page

Brackish Girl
~ Soul Eater ~

Ireland
1750 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2003 :  14:52:29  Show Profile
and the vidoes! don't forget we want the videos!!!

Today i realised frank is the greatest man alive. Go figure.
Go to Top of Page

jo
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
516 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2003 :  17:00:19  Show Profile  Visit jo's Homepage
sorry yeah, it has ended up being put back to next year - one of the main reasons is its nowhere near ready - a September release date, while unlikely in the UK now, is highly unlikely in the US, as they need about 4 months up front for a release date...

as soon as I have a definite date, I'll post here, but rest assured, it is still happening - had it been released November/December, it would have been buried in all the Christmas DVD's that come out, plus we'd have had little chance of getting some decent racking for it (more competition, a lot more difficult) so there's so many reasons its next year, but fingers crossed it will be January

as far as I know, the DVd will be the Town and Country Club footage, plus the Gouge documentary, plus the videos. Not sure about extras... but I know anything and everything 4ad can get its hands on will be on there... there just isn't a huge amount out there... annoyingly
Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3423 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2003 :  17:05:21  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage
so no brixton academy?
i can see how that wouldn't be on there cause it was done for jap tv, but still.

oh well.
Go to Top of Page

PixiesDeal
- FB Fan -

USA
61 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2003 :  20:32:00  Show Profile  Visit PixiesDeal's Homepage  Click to see PixiesDeal's MSN Messenger address
Okay, I guess I could wait a little more though. I know it would be SO much worth it though:)

peace, love and rock on
nadia

Go to Top of Page

jo
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
516 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2003 :  02:40:02  Show Profile  Visit jo's Homepage
I don't think we can get the rights to Brixton Academy - although if it was possible, it would probably knock the retail price of the DVD up to a level which would make the Purple Tape look cheap... if you know what I mean :)

Its been hard enough getting the other legal stuff sorted, let alone anything else... not sure if I'm right, but I think maybe in the future a Live Brixton DVD *could* happen... just not with this one (don't quote me on that, I'm relying on memory here)
Go to Top of Page

guy_nolan
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
417 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2003 :  17:22:16  Show Profile  Click to see guy_nolan's MSN Messenger address
I heard the Pixies once hosted an MTV show years ago where they were trying to communicate messages to the viewers without moving their lips ala 'here comes your man' vid. Any chance this could make it onto the DVD?
Go to Top of Page

jo
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
516 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2003 :  00:20:03  Show Profile  Visit jo's Homepage
nope, licensing from MTV is a horribly expensive business - we're already having problems keeping the costs down, but anything else added to it would just make the price be too much.... sorry!
Go to Top of Page

guy_nolan
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
417 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2003 :  05:08:19  Show Profile  Click to see guy_nolan's MSN Messenger address
Damn you MTV :( (Fist shakes angrily)
Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2003 :  08:20:01  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage
Let's start a donation fund to make the DVD completely worthwhile :)

---------
FRANK BLACK SATAN WORKSHIP BLACK MASS
Go to Top of Page

jo
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
516 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2003 :  09:22:18  Show Profile  Visit jo's Homepage
the DVD will be worthwhile - doesn't mean to say there wont be a second one with other things further down the line... :)

besides, if anything new was added now to the disc, it would probably move it back even further than it has been already!

and we don't want that...
Go to Top of Page

speedy_m
= Frankofile =

Canada
3581 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2003 :  09:34:35  Show Profile
jo, understand this, whatever you release, whatever the cost, associated with the Pixies, I will buy. Plain and simple. Defecate into a box and slap a stylized "P" on it, and I'll plunk down the coin. On second thought, don't poo in the box. Maybe put a live show DVD in the box instead. I mean really, poo in a box? What were you thinking? I'm not trying to tell you how to do your job or anything, but I don't know why you suddenly have this coprophagic fixation...
Go to Top of Page

Brackish Girl
~ Soul Eater ~

Ireland
1750 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2003 :  14:32:35  Show Profile
mike, you're a gentleman.

bored of the little comments. i guess i'll just have an actual signature. much shorter.
-Jessie
Go to Top of Page

speedy_m
= Frankofile =

Canada
3581 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2003 :  15:01:38  Show Profile
Thank you m'lady....
Go to Top of Page

guy_nolan
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
417 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2003 :  15:14:54  Show Profile  Click to see guy_nolan's MSN Messenger address
How long would it take for the staff at 4ad to shit into every box going out shops? Any mathmeticians around ;)
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2003 :  16:26:09  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
Depends on the portioning... at an ounce per box... well, I'll get back to you. Jo?
Go to Top of Page

frank_black_francis
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
895 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2003 :  20:00:18  Show Profile  Visit frank_black_francis's Homepage
CAN I GET AN OFFICIAL RUNDOWN OF WHAT THE DVD WILL INCLUDE?
Go to Top of Page

speedy_m
= Frankofile =

Canada
3581 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2003 :  21:14:18  Show Profile
You can, but you have to shout. jo doesn't pay attention to people who use small letters.
Go to Top of Page

jo
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
516 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2003 :  02:11:51  Show Profile  Visit jo's Homepage
check the 4ad site, when the DVD is due, there'll be news there. I'm going over the same questions again and again - there's plenty of answers to be found in the archives here.

I wont be replying to any more questions in this thread, cause its all gone a bit silly, hasn't it?
Go to Top of Page

guy_nolan
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
417 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2003 :  03:14:09  Show Profile  Click to see guy_nolan's MSN Messenger address
'Yeah but what we need is more sillllly men' :)
Go to Top of Page

speedy_m
= Frankofile =

Canada
3581 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2003 :  07:29:16  Show Profile
You seemed like the silly lovin' type, jo. The poo business may have (I stress: may have) been my fault. Don't let my foolishness derail a good thread about something we're all very interested in. Cheers!
Go to Top of Page

TRANSMARINE
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
2002 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2003 :  20:56:52  Show Profile
As we seem to be on such a poopy subject, Frank shared a charming story with an audience I was soooo lucky to be a part of...a delightful anecdote involving a food-poisoned Charles T. stopping at a Del Taco fast-food restaraunt in order to unload his bowels. I believe, as I recall (in horror/wonder), the verb he used to describe the violence of his defecation was 'sprayed' the toilet and the area all around it. The reaction was nill as I think everyone was doing their best to immediatly forget what they had just heard. I'll never forget it. The image is too searing. EEWWWWWW.

Catchin' blue in his eyes that were brown

-bRIAN
Go to Top of Page

thecomeons
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
60 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2003 :  19:36:46  Show Profile  Visit thecomeons's Homepage
"silly"?!!! we are just fucking excited. LOL

my manta is a ray
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic