New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

big_galoof
= Cult of Ray =

USA
310 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2003 :  11:40:24  Show Profile  Visit big_galoof's Homepage
i haven't gotten a chance to listen to it yet, nor do i know if it's been mentioned here before, but i just found a reference to this over at abstractplain:

http://www.justconcerts.com/concerts/concert.cfm?Concert_Id=191&Concert_IsLive=True

it's a 95 minute real audio stream of a show from april in regina.

for what it's worth.

TBG

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2003 :  12:10:56  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
Please see the following thread:

http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1946

I have the entire show in MP3 format as well (minus the covers which CBC would not release despite all sorts of pleading) if anyone would like. I've given it to Dave, but I'm not sure if we're going to be posting it on the FTP or not at the moment. If you're interested though, drop me an email.
Go to Top of Page

speedy_m
= Frankofile =

Canada
3581 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2003 :  12:57:53  Show Profile
The concert is really choice, I recommend it Mr. Galoof. It's too bad Sister Isabelle isn't there, it was great.
Go to Top of Page

Itchload
= Cult of Ray =

USA
891 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2003 :  16:17:32  Show Profile
Oh my, this might be the best FB concert I've heard via the internet...amazing energy, Frank is really into it.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2003 :  20:01:24  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
Yeah, they only had a quick two hour trip from Saskatoon to Regina, as opposed to probably 12 (given the weather) from Winnipeg to Saskatoon, and God-knows-how-long from wherever their previous stop was to Winnipeg. It's funny, because they played a better show in Saskatoon (the crowd was also better which helps), but they seemed much more relaxed in Regina. Actually, truth be told, of all the concerts I've been to, the Saskatoon one was by far the best and I wish they had taped it instead. Once you open with Gouge Away and then Freedom Rock, you can never go back. It's just pretty cool to finally have been to a concert that is available for download/stream/TBA and recorded so well by those CBC engineers we have here.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000