New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Douglas
= Cult of Ray =

Sweden
308 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2003 :  16:25:37  Show Profile
I own all Pixies albums (except for 'Death to the Pixies') and I wonder what rare/unreleased songs there are. It seems to me that there isn't that many unreleased tracks on the internet.

I know that Nirvana, for example, has a ton of rare songs that you'll find with a little effort.

The only rare/unreleased (or what you should call 'em) tracks I've found are:
Boom-chicka-boom (Isn't there another title for this song)
Born In Chicago
I can't forget (Leonard Cohen Cover)

So, is there any other unreleased songs?

thanks.

greg
- FB Fan -

Canada
159 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2003 :  16:55:06  Show Profile  Click to see greg's MSN Messenger address
I am no expert on rare Pixies stuff but I do know that Born in Chicago was released on the electra records fortieth anniversary double disc set. Hope that helps.
Go to Top of Page

NimrodsSon
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1938 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2003 :  19:51:28  Show Profile
I've seen on Kazaa a whole lot and downloaded a track called Sandy's Bathroom from a concert. It doesn't sound like the Pixies at all, does anyone know if this is really the pixies or not.
Go to Top of Page

Douglas
= Cult of Ray =

Sweden
308 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2003 :  00:03:18  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by NimrodsSon

I've seen on Kazaa a whole lot and downloaded a track called Sandy's Bathroom from a concert. It doesn't sound like the Pixies at all, does anyone know if this is really the pixies or not.

Yeah, I've seen that one too, but labeled as "fake" and "not by Pixies" so I suppose it's a fake... not sure thought.

thanks for the replies.
Go to Top of Page

Brackish Girl
~ Soul Eater ~

Ireland
1750 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2003 :  13:48:51  Show Profile
yeah...its sounds like two guys trying to sound like joey and frank singing. and 'frank' has an english accent. i like the bassline tho.
hey, can you get 'born in chicago' on winmx? i cant find it.

in your face, space coyote!!
Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2003 :  15:40:56  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage
Sandy's Bathroom, that's gotta be a fake. There aren't a whole lot of Pixies tunes that haven't been released that are readily available. I believe I have all the available Pixies rare tunes in my MP3 collection on my other system. If you own all their albums, including "Complete B-Sides," then you have most of the tracks. There are probably a less than a dozen other songs that have been bootlegged (not counting alternate versions such as the BBC takes).
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11687 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2003 :  18:09:00  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
Brackish Girl, I have it if you ever run across me.
Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3426 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2003 :  05:41:35  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage
apart from different versions etc, i think you've covered them all.

Go to Top of Page

mun chien andalusia
= Quote Accumulator =

Italy
2139 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2003 :  07:54:06  Show Profile  Visit mun chien andalusia's Homepage  Click to see mun chien andalusia's MSN Messenger address
Most of the "rare"pixies songs around p2p are fake or renamed files.I think that sandy's bathroom is a pixies song though 'cause i have both the live and the studio version and the last one seems like the pixies to me...Other fakes(don't bother to dl):
Al Sonata (rare instrumental?)
Photo Booth
Specify Gravity
Video Killed the Radio Star
Blowout Radiohead + The Pixies(it's a radio session with the Posies drummer actually)

www.munchienandalusia.too.it
Go to Top of Page

killmocker
- FB Fan -

Japan
41 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2003 :  15:07:25  Show Profile
Sandy's Bathroom I know for a fact is NOT by the Pixies. It's by some weird French group called 'My Diet Pill.'
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
6102 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2003 :  02:31:58  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address
I saw that Video Killed the Radio Star too
off course it just the version of the Presidents Of The USA

''it's not a box, it's a submarine''
Go to Top of Page

Brackish Girl
~ Soul Eater ~

Ireland
1750 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2003 :  12:45:02  Show Profile
the photo booth one is a band called subbluecollar i think, its not really a fake as such. its just winmx did that 'strong pixiesbreederskimdealsound thing to have some sort of reference point.

Go to Top of Page

Horrible
- FB Fan -

22 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2003 :  11:01:43  Show Profile
there was a tape copy of a really early Pixies concert that my brother's friend from UVA had (how's that for apochryphal!) that had a cover of Voices Carry by Til Tuesday. Kim sang, Black Francis screamed out the refrain "Even downtown VOICES CARRYYYYY!" It was kinda funny, and I never really thought about it until a few years ago when someone brought up the topic of Pixies covers and such. I wish I had thought to copy it, but I guess for now I'll just contribute to the greater Pixies mythology.
Go to Top of Page

Douglas
= Cult of Ray =

Sweden
308 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2003 :  11:21:21  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

Alright, I'll try to find that one then.

Thank you all for your replies...
Go to Top of Page

Brackish Girl
~ Soul Eater ~

Ireland
1750 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2003 :  15:32:43  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

oh, sorry, i didnt see that earlier. embarrassingly, i found it. it never downloads tho.

Go to Top of Page

IAmUnChienAndalusia
- FB Fan -

Netherlands
6 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2003 :  13:37:36  Show Profile
Does anyone know a song called 'A total waste of time' or 'The worst in me'. I'm sure it's not Pixies, but I found it as a 'Pixies [rare] - Untitled' song. I'm looking for the answer for 2,5 years now. It is very Pixies inspired, you hear a Kim bassloop, a Joey guitarsound, and a (non-screaming this time) Black Francis.......maybe I just listened to it too many times. But if anyone knows the answer, plz help!
Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2003 :  15:36:06  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage
IAm: sounds like a fake to me.
Go to Top of Page

mun chien andalusia
= Quote Accumulator =

Italy
2139 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2003 :  20:50:55  Show Profile  Visit mun chien andalusia's Homepage  Click to see mun chien andalusia's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by IAmUnChienAndalusia

Does anyone know a song called 'A total waste of time' or 'The worst in me'. I'm sure it's not Pixies, but I found it as a 'Pixies [rare] - Untitled' song. I'm looking for the answer for 2,5 years now. It is very Pixies inspired, you hear a Kim bassloop, a Joey guitarsound, and a (non-screaming this time) Black Francis.......maybe I just listened to it too many times. But if anyone knows the answer, plz help!

please get yourself another nick....

Go to Top of Page

IAmUnChienAndalusia
- FB Fan -

Netherlands
6 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2003 :  11:38:26  Show Profile
Sorry, I didn't know somebody already had the name. But I just went to the 'my profile' page to edit it, but that's not possible. Can someone tell me how to change it?
Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2003 :  12:26:09  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage
I think Dave might be able to fix it, otherwise you'd have to create a new account...Dave?
Go to Top of Page

IAmUnChienAndalusia
- FB Fan -

Netherlands
6 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2003 :  16:25:58  Show Profile
I'll make a new account when I post something new, I don't mind. Sorry for all the problems, I'm using this name for about 2 years, and so it was the first choice for me to use on the forum (I registered to the forum only a few months ago). But I didn't know someone else used almost the same name.

But if there's somenone who can answer the question of the rare song, please do :-)

Bye
I.M. IAmUnChienAndalusia
Go to Top of Page

therewererumours
* Dog in the Sand *

Ireland
1240 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2003 :  21:51:34  Show Profile  Visit therewererumours's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by El Barto

I think Dave might be able to fix it, otherwise you'd have to create a new account...Dave?

You are IAmUnChienAndalusia, be IAmUnChienAndalusia, If that name was taken already, the sign on screen would have told you. Be strong!

"I meet a man with no little toe and a real big head"
Go to Top of Page

mun chien andalusia
= Quote Accumulator =

Italy
2139 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2003 :  02:13:08  Show Profile  Visit mun chien andalusia's Homepage  Click to see mun chien andalusia's MSN Messenger address
Relax people no need for changes or anything...I was just kidind...I would like to have at least one vote on the Best user name thread though... :)

Go to Top of Page

IAmUnChienAndalusia
- FB Fan -

Netherlands
6 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2003 :  10:04:20  Show Profile
Hi MunChienAndalusia. Sorry for the late reaction. I have seen your website and you're a much more fanatic collector & forum poster than me. The name is all yours, I understand it looks kinda weird when there are 2 chiens.

If someone has the privileges to change usernames, could you change mine into 'Dingetje' ? I already checked for another Dingetje, so I hope this solves the problem.

Bye :)
Go to Top of Page

downtothewell.com
- FB Fan -

78 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2003 :  03:13:04  Show Profile  Visit downtothewell.com's Homepage
Check my trade page (http://www.rappard.dds.nl) - there is a rarities compilation on there which pretty much contains all of the studio stuff not found on bootlegs (Rough Diamonds, BSF3, Give Me Ecstasy, etc.).

Martin
Go to Top of Page

Scarla O
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
947 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2003 :  03:53:09  Show Profile  Visit Scarla O's Homepage

Hey Martin, do you think you've got enough bootlegs yet? ;)
Go to Top of Page

downtothewell.com
- FB Fan -

78 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2003 :  04:01:52  Show Profile  Visit downtothewell.com's Homepage
One can NEVER have enough Pixies bootlegs!:)

BTW: inaccurate choice of words, "bootlegs" implies commercial gain, I use "CD-Rs" exclusively on my page.

http://www.rappard.dds.nl
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000