New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

vilainde
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Niue
7438 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2003 :  15:25:44  Show Profile  Visit vilainde's Homepage

I don't know if anyone was aware of this, but there's a compilation that was released recently, called "Manos Arriba!". It's actually a compilation of Mexican electronic music (Titan are in it for those who know them). Anyway the cool thing is, there's a song in the record called "Frank Black Really Rocks"... It's by some band called Sport and it's actually pretty addictive. They manage to throw in the middle of the song a great cover of Wave Of Mutilation. I got it from Soulseek so you should be able to find it more or less easily. Yeah, another Frank Black tribute song! How cool is that?

Denis

faceforaudio
- FB Fan -

40 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2003 :  16:42:06  Show Profile
yes that is very cool. it reminds me that the gillmore girls which i never watch seems to have a writer on the show that is a big frank black fan. on the only eppisode i saw, wave of mutilation was playing in the background of a record shop and a friend told me that in one episode a girl said "yeah isnt frank black a genious" or something like that. sorry if thats off topic but hey, i have A.D.D.
Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2003 :  18:43:55  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage
I happened to catch an episode of GG and they mentioned Kim Deal, and I think The Pixies as well...
Go to Top of Page

ProverbialCereal
- FB TabMaster -

USA
2953 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2003 :  22:52:37  Show Profile
The Gilmore Girls have also mentioned Weezer. Plus some chick character (the main one?) had a Tom Waits poster in her room.

It's not too bad of a show despite being a "chick" show and on the WB network. The writer(s) seem to have good taste in music. My friend said the last episode hinted at making fun of emo music, and also there was a Creed reference a while ago hinting that they aren't very good.

-Derek
Go to Top of Page

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2003 :  23:22:25  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by faceforaudio

yes that is very cool. it reminds me that the gillmore girls which i never watch seems to have a writer on the show that is a big frank black fan. on the only eppisode i saw, wave of mutilation was playing in the background of a record shop and a friend told me that in one episode a girl said "yeah isnt frank black a genious" or something like that. sorry if thats off topic but hey, i have A.D.D.

just for the record, as someone who works in post, it probably has more to do with the music supervisor than the writer, in terms of getting frank/pixies songs played in the show.. the writer doens't have any hand in the music selection..

either way, someone has good taste..
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
6013 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2003 :  08:30:39  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address
the best friend of the main character Rory is a superfan of alternative music.

''it's not a box, it's a submarine''

Edited by - billgoodman on 05/04/2003 04:38:13
Go to Top of Page

faceforaudio
- FB Fan -

40 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2003 :  15:41:15  Show Profile
haha i think i should start watching just for the music references. well has anyone else seen frank or things like this popping up anywhere else? Oh i did see David Letterman play "here comes your man" recently in a movie clip. i know ive seen a few more and it kills me that i cant recall them.
Go to Top of Page

Little Black Francis
> Teenager of the Year <

3648 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2003 :  03:27:10  Show Profile
I don't believe you.

"Snooch to the muthaf**kin Nooch"
Go to Top of Page

ProverbialCereal
- FB TabMaster -

USA
2953 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2003 :  15:46:09  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by faceforaudio

...well has anyone else seen frank or things like this popping up anywhere else? Oh i did see David Letterman play "here comes your man" recently in a movie clip. i know ive seen a few more and it kills me that i cant recall them.

This was a category in one of the Bakers Dozen games.

Maybe if you did a thorough search of EVERY SINGLE topic (only 1600+) you wouldn't need to ask such redundant questions. There is no excuse. This should only take a couple of weeks to catch up, so get started.

-Derek
Go to Top of Page

Chris Knight
= Cult of Ray =

USA
899 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2003 :  17:24:30  Show Profile  Visit Chris Knight's Homepage
You TabBastard!!! (just jokin')
Go to Top of Page

ProverbialCereal
- FB TabMaster -

USA
2953 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2003 :  19:03:41  Show Profile
Haha. Good one, that cracked me up. (no sarcasm)

-Derek
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000