Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2003 :  19:27:13  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
Collaboration
This will be the section for anyone who would like to collaborate with others on a song. If you are slated to do a song but would like a collaborator (maybe for drums, keyboards, etc), post here, and if you are not doing a song but would be interested in helping those that are with part of the song, this is also the place to go.

--- ORIGINAL POSTING

If anyone would like to collaborate on a song with others, that would be interesting to know to. For example, if you'd like to do a version of something but don't feel you have enough instruments/whatever to complete it, I'm sure we would have a lot more interest if people were willing to collaborate. Final say on the song will be given to the originator. Credit will have to be given to all contributors. This way we don't just have a bunch of acoustic/vocal covers. If you'd like to collaborate, let me know what you can do! Also, if you'd like to have a collaboratee, let me know and I can help you set it up.

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2003 :  19:28:19  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
For my part, I am willing to add keyboard (piano, etc) if anyone would like me to do so, and I'm sure there are people out there who play the actual instruments like saxophones (Fu Manchu, anyone?) etc. that are also willing and would sound better.
Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2003 :  12:43:43  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage
I might take you up on your keyboards offer...it depends how my attempt turns out.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2003 :  17:22:22  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
Sure, just let me know.
Go to Top of Page

eugovector
- FB Fan -

21 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2003 :  08:35:14  Show Profile
Hey all. I'm new but I'd like a piece of this action if you'll have me. I missed out on the breeders tribute.

If anyone would like to contribute drums and bass, I'd be willing to contribute guitar and vocals for Men in Black.
Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5155 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2003 :  08:40:54  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage
i could do bass - i was actually thinking about doing a slow, country-ish Johnny Cash version of MIB - let me know if you're interested

-brian

as breathing flows my mind secedes...
Go to Top of Page

eugovector
- FB Fan -

21 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2003 :  20:46:26  Show Profile
That sounds good, go ahead and email me whatever you have. I doodled a little bit with slowing it down, but if you have something specific in mind, that would be cool.

quote:
Originally posted by Broken Face

i could do bass - i was actually thinking about doing a slow, country-ish Johnny Cash version of MIB - let me know if you're interested

-brian

as breathing flows my mind secedes...

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2003 :  22:31:26  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
Just remember to let me know by May 1 if you guys are actually going to do MIB. It might help for you to do the rest of the back-and-forth via email. Also, reminder to everyone that they're still looking for drums for the song. I'm interested to see how a three way collaboration works out, in terms of the final version of the song.
Go to Top of Page

faskner
- FB Fan -

Brazil
75 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2003 :  14:54:58  Show Profile
I don't know if you already have someone to take care of the artwork. it would be a pleasure to do it.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2003 :  16:11:25  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
Nope, no one has volunteered to do any art yet, but that would be great. In the spirit of leaving this open to as many people that want to participate as possible, please either email me or post here if you are also interested in doing art, and the best artwork will be selected. Faskner, glad to have you aboard. It'd be very nice to have a cool front cover... we're going to be looking at a title for the CD after the May 1st deadline, so you might want to wait for that before you start, and maybe even a back page with the final tracklist and some more artwork. And, of course, if you wanted to do a CD label on top of things, that'd be really cool too, just complete the package. Keep me/us posted on the artwork and I'll try to keep you up to date as far as name, final track list (TBA beginning of July), and so forth go.
Go to Top of Page

PsychicTwin
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1772 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2003 :  16:54:01  Show Profile  Visit PsychicTwin's Homepage
Dean - just noticed the Black Noise Maker title. Much prefer that to the old one, man!
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2003 :  17:59:29  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
I tell 'ya, it was a fight to get Dave to give me this one. :) Thanks, Alex.
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2003 :  20:09:09  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage
Aw, come on..everything is a fight with me. =)
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2003 :  21:26:05  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
True, true... it took three weeks to get him to call me Dean instead of Dead. :)
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2003 :  23:10:20  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage
I can go back, Dead..
Go to Top of Page

faskner
- FB Fan -

Brazil
75 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2003 :  10:36:50  Show Profile
my plan is to do the complete package [front, back, label], and i think it would be cool to make it available as .pdf so everybody can download the package and have the compliation with nice cover and everything.

as soon as we get a name i'll start working on it. and i'll try to put some work of my own online to show you something.

all this cd thing is way cool. i'm really excited with this thing.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2003 :  11:52:43  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
That sounds great... the label might not work as a PDF (that would probably be better as a PNG or JPG or something) since labels are formatted differently all the time, but I'm glad to have you aboard. I was worried I was going to have to do my own art or something... :)
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2003 :  11:41:38  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
Eugovector and Broken Face, are you guys doing MIB for sure? I had someone contact me about doing MIB and I don't want to give her the official go-ahead until I hear back from you both one way or the other. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Broken Face
-= Forum Pistolero =-

USA
5155 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2003 :  11:44:30  Show Profile  Visit Broken Face's Homepage
well if she wants to do it, thats cool with me - its really up to eugovector since i'm already doing "i've seen your picture"

i mean i'll still put bass down in eugo wants to do it - i haven't heard from him yet - just let me know eugo or dean
-brian

Edited by - Broken Face on 04/28/2003 11:47:57
Go to Top of Page

eugovector
- FB Fan -

21 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2003 :  15:48:54  Show Profile
Sorry that I've been out of range for a while, school's been giving me the business.

Yes, while I would like to do a collaboration over the internet, I don't know if I can pull it off before June, so all parties willing, MIB is up for grabs.

rev

quote:
Originally posted by Broken Face

well if she wants to do it, thats cool with me - its really up to eugovector since i'm already doing "i've seen your picture"

i mean i'll still put bass down in eugo wants to do it - i haven't heard from him yet - just let me know eugo or dean
-brian

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2003 :  02:53:35  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
Alright, don't let school give you too hard of a time. I will give KS the go-ahead on MIB, though you guys are also welcome to attempt it and see if you can polish her off. The deadline, I should remind you, is July and not June.
Go to Top of Page

ericr
- FB Fan -

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2003 :  17:14:36  Show Profile  Visit ericr's Homepage
1) I'll be submitting Heloise once I recieve reliable instructions regarding where to upload it (no luck with the ftp site, it's always full when I try)

2) I'll work with anyone who needs bass or guitars, I know most of the material already and can learn the others in a reasonable amount of time. :)

Eric R.
http://puerco.iuma.com
puerco9@comcast.net

Eric R.

Go to Top of Page

ericr
- FB Fan -

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2003 :  17:26:23  Show Profile  Visit ericr's Homepage
Or, I can just read the instructions more carefully, and wait for Dave to reply to me like it says I should...

Any of my old Plainer friends still around here? I haven't been around in a while...want to do a song? Want to sing for your old pal Eric? I'm thinking...Zanni, you should do a song with me! You pick, I'll pluck, and you sing!

Eric R.

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2003 :  19:43:25  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
Eric, you'll be submitting the song in my direction... I will contact you via email and we'll set up the transfer one way or another. Thanks for contributing, I'll mark you down for Heloise. Devil's Workshop's finally getting some coverage!
Go to Top of Page

deadite_99
- FB Fan -

10 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2003 :  09:23:26  Show Profile
hey guys, I'm willing to put some guitar down on a track, if'n anyone needs it. I know most of the songs, and those that I don't I can learn. Drop me a line if you're interested, at deadite_99@yahoo.com

I'm really looking forward to hearing these covers...this is a killer idea!!

Take care...

Go to Top of Page

deadite_99
- FB Fan -

10 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2003 :  09:26:58  Show Profile
hey...is anyone doing 'Ole Mullholland ??
Go to Top of Page

Wade
- FB Fan -

115 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2003 :  10:08:34  Show Profile
I've seen some of the "tabs" posted, and not all of them are, how shall i say, accurate. I hope everyone here realizes that FB will probably {eventually} hear some of this, and we don't want to embarass ourselves, now do we?

That being said, it seems the people involved here are aware of this, and seem to have the confidence of talent and desire, so I look forward to hearing the CD as a guitar player /huge FB fan, myself. I respect anyone willing to give this a try in this atmosphere of fans and critics. I toyed with the idea of contributing musically, but the time frame/my schedule/ my confidence in producing something that actually does contribute, are in question. I guess I could.... hmmmm. Couldn't hurt to make a try at it and submit something that no one else is doing?, eh? Or are we all stocked up by now? I'll check the play list again. Hmmm, let me ponder that through lunch and get back to you.

Conversely, if you want any help with artwork (Faskner?) I am more than willing to contribute in that respect if someone so desires the help... Let me know...

This is a really great idea, and what a great thing to come from a site like this...
Go to Top of Page

Wade
- FB Fan -

115 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2003 :  10:11:13  Show Profile
Hrmmm.... looking at the list, and singing the song i'm thinking of in my head, I'm a bit intimidated...

ok, off to lunch to ponder the possibilities.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2003 :  10:33:45  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage
No need to be intimidated, odds are pretty good that a well-recorded song will make the album, and you have a 100% chance of exposure on the FTP site one way or the other. Plus, it's likely that there will be a few who will drop out as we get closer to July 1st, so the more the merrier.

Also, deadite 99, no one is doing Ole Mullholland yet...
Go to Top of Page

deadite_99
- FB Fan -

10 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2003 :  10:51:54  Show Profile

Also, deadite 99, no one is doing Ole Mullholland yet...
[/quote]

Cool....I'd like to take a stab at it...anyone interested??
Go to Top of Page

Wade
- FB Fan -

115 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2003 :  12:56:56  Show Profile
Ok, I pondered it, was thinking of doing "Places Named After Numbers" but I just don't know how I'd get it done in time without help on other instruments than the guitar. i do have a drum machine that I'm proficient with, but I don't think this is the place for that.

"I know so many people who think they can do it alone..."
"...How can I go on when I know I'm guilty"

(I think those are the lyrics anyway)
Go to Top of Page

chucksfan
- FB Fan -

17 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2003 :  23:17:42  Show Profile
I enjoy screaming and can scream on any track.

And I play bass.

Does my Pixies cover band experience help?

(long time lurker, but this motivated me to post)
Go to Top of Page

makeyourheadgopop
- FB Fan -

18 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2003 :  13:47:32  Show Profile  Visit makeyourheadgopop's Homepage
EDIT:

I am no longer looking for a callobarator. I spent a few days playing with production thanks to tough love from the organizer, and this is what I came up with:

http://mason.gmu.edu/~pzaic/pzaic_endofmiles3.mp3

Edited by - makeyourheadgopop on 05/04/2003 20:50:48
Go to Top of Page

blarg007
= Cult of Ray =

USA
493 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2003 :  08:07:28  Show Profile
i live in chicago and have a multi-instrumentalist friend
with some recording access and was basically thinking the
fun thing to do would be to record -live to two track-
no dreams of anything as good as fb&C but like how about
a lounge version of 'fighting on the dancefloor'
or 'hostess with the mostest'?? -anybody from chicago
into this???

R
Go to Top of Page

wepeel
- FB Fan -

USA
86 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2003 :  13:03:39  Show Profile  Visit wepeel's Homepage  Click to see wepeel's MSN Messenger address
Let's see, I'm willing to help anyone. I can play bass clarinet, bassoon, some keyboard stuff, and bass. I don't know why anyone would want my female vocals. So forget that.

=wepeel
Go to Top of Page

big_galoof
= Cult of Ray =

USA
310 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2003 :  02:09:09  Show Profile  Visit big_galoof's Homepage
well, i'm not completely sure that this is the proper place for my post, but i think you'll all let it slide... as you may or may not know, i'm one of the potential designers of the artwork for the tribute cd. my most recent thoughts about the cd artwork involve a cutout in the front card which reveals part of the design printed on the cd label itself. depending on how the cd is placed in the tray, different parts of the label will be visible through the cutout. my brilliant idea is to have a picture of FB on the front, maybe with his head where the cutout is, and as you spin the disc around the heads of the tribute collaborators appear in its place, one at a time.

so, that being said, i need ALL the collaborators to e-mail me head shots of themselves. well, anybody that's interested and likes my design idea anyway. let me know if you're up for it at big(underscore)galoof(at)hotmail(dot)com and i'll refer you to my *real* e-mail address.

bear in mind that it is very late (uh, early) and i have been up for hours with a painful hacking cough.

TBG
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000