New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

alec_eiffel
- FB Fan -

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2003 :  20:30:05  Show Profile
im deeply considering getting in the car and making the road trip from little rock to new orleans to see frank march 8th, people think im dorky for doing so but i dont care, just wanting to know, anyone else plan on traveling to see frank this tour?

Edited by - El Barto on 03/23/2003 23:06:07

alec_eiffel
- FB Fan -

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2003 :  23:16:41  Show Profile
ha, my thread is above frank blacks!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

chipahoyboy
- FB Fan -

112 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2003 :  17:59:21  Show Profile
I am thinking of traveling from Indianapolis to see Frank in Nashville and/or Louisville on March 19 and 20. I'm bummed that he's playing Indy when I'll be in Florida for Spring Break. Ironically, he's also touring Florida when I'm here in Indy! So I guess I'll be hitting the road to see him. My fingers are crossed that he'll still be playing Thalassocracy like he was in the fall!
Go to Top of Page

Bartholomew
= Cult of Ray =

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2003 :  19:35:19  Show Profile
I, along with my trusty wife will be traveling 2 and a half hours from southwestern Illinois to Indianapolis to see the his Frankness. Already bought the tickets and taken the next day off work, too. Can't wait.
Go to Top of Page

mereubu
= FB QuizMistress =

USA
2677 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2003 :  06:40:08  Show Profile  Visit mereubu's Homepage
I'm considering Nashville if I can work out the childcare angle.
Go to Top of Page

JamesM
= Cult of Ray =

308 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2003 :  10:21:54  Show Profile
Bart - you live in the Carbondale area?

-Jimmy M.
Go to Top of Page

Steak n Sabre
* Dog in the Sand *

Uzbekistan
1013 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2003 :  11:05:05  Show Profile  Visit Steak n Sabre's Homepage
If he's playing within a 2 hour driving radius of wherever I am, I'm there if possible. In fact , I've seen him more out of town than at home in Milwaukee.
Anybody else here going to the Saturday show in Chicago??
Go to Top of Page

alec_eiffel
- FB Fan -

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2003 :  12:50:31  Show Profile
looks like i wont be making the voyage now, damn parents. if i were in college now i could see him in nashville easily since i would be right outside there, in murfreesboro, well maybe he'll tour around there sometime next year. enjoy the nashville show mereubu, and everyone else but me who gets to see frank this tour!
Go to Top of Page

Bartholomew
= Cult of Ray =

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2003 :  06:20:28  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by JamesM

Bart - you live in the Carbondale area?

-Jimmy M.

Not exactly (okay, maybe "southern" Illinois was a stretch, more like south-central). I live in the Greenville, IL area. Been to Carbondale a few times though... Sucks there's no St. Louis show, huh?
Go to Top of Page

JamesM
= Cult of Ray =

308 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2003 :  11:55:54  Show Profile
Did you attend the last show that FB & The C's put on in St. Louis (at The Galaxy, which isn't the best venue, but whatever)? Fuckin' great stuff. I'd love to see them play the Pageant.

-Jimmy M.
Go to Top of Page

Vicki
- FB Fan -

USA
72 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2003 :  12:30:01  Show Profile
Lea and I will be traveling to the Louisville, Cinci. and hopefully Columbus.Anyone?? Anyone??
Go to Top of Page

frankblackphx
= Cult of Ray =

USA
287 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2003 :  09:43:39  Show Profile  Visit frankblackphx's Homepage
I am seriously considering catching the three southern california dates, traveling from Phoenix. I did it about a year and half ago and it was incredible. Seeing Frank three nights in a row was pretty amazing.

I got me so down I got me a headache.
Go to Top of Page

astroman
- FB Fan -

Portugal
84 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2003 :  02:49:02  Show Profile
I´m seriously considering catching a plane from portugal to the states...:-)I´m so jealous..poor me.
Go to Top of Page

Bartholomew
= Cult of Ray =

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2003 :  06:03:33  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by JamesM

Did you attend the last show that FB & The C's put on in St. Louis (at The Galaxy, which isn't the best venue, but whatever)? Fuckin' great stuff. I'd love to see them play the Pageant.

-Jimmy M.

Sure did. And before that, that one club that was only open for a year or so next to the TWA dome and the Blueberry Hill before that and the Galaxy again before that. They all were poor soundwise, but all incredible shows (my favorite was Blueberry Hill one). The Pageant would be a great place, only thing is, is it a little too big for his crowd?

Take care.

Bill
Go to Top of Page

JamesM
= Cult of Ray =

308 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2003 :  22:00:33  Show Profile
Frank played at Blueberry Hill? Whoa. Never been there, actually, heard it's a great place, though (I'm not 21, so no monthly Chuck Berry shows for me). Yeah, I remember Karma - that place was kind of interesting; a warehouse-type deal. And yeah, I actually think The Pageant would be a little too big for Frank (sadly).

-Jimmy M.
Go to Top of Page

Jersey Scott
- FB Fan -

4 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2003 :  17:20:03  Show Profile
If you want to travel to see FB, try to get tix for the 3/17 Gainesville show. The venue is way small. I cannot believe he is playing there.
Go to Top of Page

schnuth
- FB Fan -

8 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2003 :  09:58:07  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Bartholomew

I, along with my trusty wife will be traveling 2 and a half hours from southwestern Illinois to Indianapolis to see the his Frankness. Already bought the tickets and taken the next day off work, too. Can't wait.

Traveling any distance to see a show is pretty standard for me. No one ever plays in and around Toledo, OH. Frank did play here to a very small crowd on the Cult Of Ray tour but that was his only Toledo appearance. I'll be driving around 2 1/2 to 3 hours on Friday to Columbus. I haven't seen him since the Pistolero tour, so I'm pretty excited.

Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2003 :  14:07:52  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage
Isn't Detroit closer?
Go to Top of Page

schnuth
- FB Fan -

8 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2003 :  21:34:50  Show Profile
Detroit is much closer, but the Friday Columbus show worked out better with work. Ah well...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000