-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 General Frank Black Chat
 Pistolero Rough Mix

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
marcusb Posted - 05/26/2016 : 00:34:13
How is there a "rough mix" of a live to 2-track album? I'm confused.

-Marcus
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
pixie punk Posted - 06/18/2016 : 02:11:19
http://forum.frankblack.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=17965&whichpage=1

PUERTO RICO PIXIE
benji Posted - 06/16/2016 : 18:07:49
the version of billy radcliffe is different on the 'demo/rough mix' as well. i thought it might, or rather should, turn up on the box set, but alas it didn't.

all i can say, thank god for polio! brian
pixiestu Posted - 06/14/2016 : 08:00:28
Right, what I actually had was something titled 'Pistolero Demo' which is basically the exact same recordings as the album (minus Bad Harmony, I Switched You and Skeleton Man), plus a version on 'Living on Soul' which is on the Catholics box set and 'Valley of Our Hope'. And the track listing is different.

The only difference with the album tracks is a Frank counting in to the intro and slight bit of guitar amp buzzing before most of the songs, so literally 5 or 6 seconds max which is just chopped off the start of the song on the album.

I don't know if this is the rough mix you're referring to, but that's about all I know.

"The arc of triumph"
pixiestu Posted - 06/13/2016 : 14:08:54
You know what, I'm sure I have mp3's of the 'rough mix'somewhere but I haven't heard it in ages. I seem to remember it being mostly the same other than a few counted intros that weren't on the album.

But my memory has never been anything special...I'll try to have a listen to it tomorrow.

I get what you mean though. If live to two track is mixed and recorded live then for there to be a 'rough mix' makes no sense.

"The arc of triumph"

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000