-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 Here Comes Your Subbacultcha
 Kim & Kelley High School Photos

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Fissile Posted - 09/16/2013 : 03:12:06
Amazing what turns up on the intrawebz

35   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sprite Posted - 01/28/2022 : 11:01:03
It's HaVALINa
Harryvalia Posted - 01/26/2022 : 15:21:04
https://moverslosangeles.me

Fissile Posted - 10/22/2014 : 08:14:01
quote:
Originally posted by Discoking

ur a criminal

it's educational

I once frightened Charles Manson.
Discoking Posted - 10/22/2014 : 06:03:51
ur a criminal

it's educational
Fissile Posted - 10/22/2014 : 04:59:27
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

It appears that this photo was taken from a FB profile. I can't verify that it is intended for public consumption vs. a misconfigured privacy setting, but I am erring on the side of respect of privacy and removing the linked image. Please do not post images that are not clearly intended for general public consumption.

Thanks,
Dean

"If we hit this bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

You're the mod, so you're the boss. That said, any FB profile that is wide open can be assumed to be for public consumption. It's not like I stole the image.
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 10/21/2014 : 07:45:56
It appears that this photo was taken from a FB profile. I can't verify that it is intended for public consumption vs. a misconfigured privacy setting, but I am erring on the side of respect of privacy and removing the linked image. Please do not post images that are not clearly intended for general public consumption.

Thanks,
Dean

"If we hit this bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Fissile Posted - 03/12/2014 : 04:25:38
quote:
Originally posted by hammerhands

I fucking detest you.

Explain.
hammerhands Posted - 03/12/2014 : 03:15:11
I fucking detest you.
Fissile Posted - 03/11/2014 : 19:01:49
Picture of very young Deal sisters with their parents. I'm not sure, but I think the young guy whose face is partially obscured is their brother.

<IMAGE REMOVED>
koabac Posted - 03/06/2014 : 18:38:33
I mentioned this in a previous post, but, for what it's worth, I had dinner with Kim and Jim Greer back in 1991 when the Pixies were recording Trompe and they both couldn't have been nicer, cooler, funnier, more down to earth people. Kim did seem kinda down on Black Francis' direction for Bossanova (not rockin' enough), but was very pleased with the new album they were working on - although, as we discovered, it's the album she contributed to the least. She was very open and chatty and I really sensed no real animosity at all towards anyone else in the band at THAT time. So, personally, I like and respect Kim Deal very much, although I still think she gets too much credit for the Pixies. Even SHE seemed to think it was Black Francis' band and she was just IN it, so, therefore, she was, for good or ill, at the mercy of his creative whims. Thus the Breeders.
Fissile Posted - 03/05/2014 : 04:20:14
quote:
Originally posted by devil.in.hell

quote:
Originally posted by Fissile

Kim Deal does lap dance.

Golly, it sure is nice to see Kim has other talents to fall back on if this whole music thing doesn't pan out, good luck Breeders!

Ha! Maybe, back in the day, when she was hawt for a year or two. Today?
devil.in.hell Posted - 03/05/2014 : 03:18:21
quote:
Originally posted by Fissile

Kim Deal does lap dance.

Golly, it sure is nice to see Kim has other talents to fall back on if this whole music thing doesn't pan out, good luck Breeders!
Fissile Posted - 03/03/2014 : 16:56:12
Kim Deal does lap dance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ0xStKTQng
BLT Posted - 11/13/2013 : 12:55:08
Love that capo on the dew claw.
vilainde Posted - 11/13/2013 : 09:28:08

Denis

Obsidiana Bijoux
billgoodman Posted - 10/12/2013 : 20:26:08
quote:
Originally posted by floop

I don't think I could possibly care less about this Jim guy. I'm glad it gives fissile something to do though

Kim talking shit about Bono is pretty hilarious, and only makes me like Kim more

green star member since 2006. smb?

He used to play in GBV, so that's why I was reading his blog. Good stuff about gbv

---------------------------
BF: Mag ik Engels spreken?
Mac E. Doobage Posted - 10/12/2013 : 16:09:28

The best story Geer had on his blog was about the day Kim flushed his engagement ring down the toilet. Of course he deleted that one.

Geer is a grown man who still brags about his SAT score. That says a lot about him. Jimbo has a vastly inflated sense of his own intelligence and abilities. In that respect he's a lot like Albini.

It's true that opening for U2 was a mistake. Back in 1992 U2 was the biggest band in the world. I'm sure Charles was star struck when he agreed to take the gig. It's also true that the U2 organization didn't treat the Pixies very well. I doubt that the U2 team had even heard of the Pixies prior to Bono requesting that they open for the Zoo Tour. Pixies weren't paid very well either. I think they got something like $750 per show, which was very little money, even back in 1992.

What is inexcusable is what Kim's scribbler boyfriend did during the Zoo Tour. He wrote a very nasty piece about U2 WHILE THE PIXIES WERE STILL ON TOUR WITH THEM. You can see how this would lead to an awkward situation between Thompson and the U2 organization.

What was Geer's motivation? He must have known that this would lead to conflict in the band. Did Geer do this himself? Did Kim know? Did she encourage him? Neither Geer or Deal will discuss it, although Kim has said some nasty things about Bono over the years.

Thompson managed to smooth things over with the U2 people. Eventually Charles, Dave and Joe got to hang around with Bono and Co. but Kim was excluded. What's that tell you?

The U2 incident wasn't the only reason for the break up of the Pixies, but was most certainly the final straw. After that the only thing Thompson said to Deal was that the band was taking a sabbatical. He didn't talk to her for 12 years after that.

BHUELRLESSHAIYT
Jose Jones Posted - 10/12/2013 : 10:17:56
yeah, fuck bono and U2. high five, Jim Greer, whoever the fuck you are.

------------------------------
they were the heroes of old, men of renown.
Fissile Posted - 10/12/2013 : 09:29:59
quote:
Originally posted by floop

I don't think I could possibly care less about this Jim guy. I'm glad it gives fissile something to do though

Kim talking shit about Bono is pretty hilarious, and only makes me like Kim more

Floop, greetings from the NYPD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oRk12hmwuw
floop Posted - 10/12/2013 : 09:20:16

billgoodman Posted - 10/12/2013 : 08:18:15
Fissile, you know your stuff. I don't always agree with you. But at least you know what you're talking about.
I still won't call Greer a dick, and I've read the story about the ring the day he uploaded it, but I get your point.

Fissile Posted - 10/12/2013 : 04:19:20
quote:
Originally posted by billgoodman

I really enjoyed Greers writing about GBV on his blog. Seems to me that he's a very nice person. At least nowadays.
And according to some other people, it's in the Josh Frank-book, U2 and their crew were not that nice to the Pixies.
Opening up for them was a mistake.

The best story Geer had on his blog was about the day Kim flushed his engagement ring down the toilet. Of course he deleted that one.

Geer is a grown man who still brags about his SAT score. That says a lot about him. Jimbo has a vastly inflated sense of his own intelligence and abilities. In that respect he's a lot like Albini.

It's true that opening for U2 was a mistake. Back in 1992 U2 was the biggest band in the world. I'm sure Charles was star struck when he agreed to take the gig. It's also true that the U2 organization didn't treat the Pixies very well. I doubt that the U2 team had even heard of the Pixies prior to Bono requesting that they open for the Zoo Tour. Pixies weren't paid very well either. I think they got something like $750 per show, which was very little money, even back in 1992.

What is inexcusable is what Kim's scribbler boyfriend did during the Zoo Tour. He wrote a very nasty piece about U2 WHILE THE PIXIES WERE STILL ON TOUR WITH THEM. You can see how this would lead to an awkward situation between Thompson and the U2 organization.

What was Geer's motivation? He must have known that this would lead to conflict in the band. Did Geer do this himself? Did Kim know? Did she encourage him? Neither Geer or Deal will discuss it, although Kim has said some nasty things about Bono over the years.

Thompson managed to smooth things over with the U2 people. Eventually Charles, Dave and Joe got to hang around with Bono and Co. but Kim was excluded. What's that tell you?

The U2 incident wasn't the only reason for the break up of the Pixies, but was most certainly the final straw. After that the only thing Thompson said to Deal was that the band was taking a sabbatical. He didn't talk to her for 12 years after that.

billgoodman Posted - 10/11/2013 : 23:10:04
I really enjoyed Greers writing about GBV on his blog. Seems to me that he's a very nice person. At least nowadays.
And according to some other people, it's in the Josh Frank-book, U2 and their crew were not that nice to the Pixies.
Opening up for them was a mistake.

Fissile Posted - 10/11/2013 : 05:09:36
Kim, Mike D. and Billy Corgan

Fissile Posted - 10/02/2013 : 02:55:35
quote:

Really?

Greer, Kim's boyfriend after she divorced her husband, seemed to be openly hostile to Thompson and talked shit about the Pixies even while Kim was still in the band. At the time Geer was a scribbler for Spin Magazine. While the Pixies were opening for U2 during U2's Zoo Tour, Geer wrote a very nasty piece for Spin criticizing U2. This is from Wikipedia;

quote:
The Pixies' stint as a support act produced a controversy that partially contributed to their break-up.[155] In July 1992, Spin featured a controversial cover story titled "U2 On Tour: The Story They Didn't Want You to Read", which detailed author Jim Greer's travels on the tour's first weeks with his unidentified girlfriend (who turned out to be Pixies' bassist Kim Deal). The article featured their criticisms of U2 for the supposed poor treatment the Pixies received.[156] Both U2 and the Pixies disagreed and were livid at Deal, particularly Pixies frontman Black Francis. In 1993, following tensions within the group, Francis announced the Pixies had dissolved.

That's a dick move. Since it's a dick move, it's safe to assume that the person making such a move is a dick.

What motivated Geer to do such a thing? Did Kim put him up to it? Did Geer think that he was helping Kim fight big, bad Black? Was Geer envious of Thompson? Combination of two or more of the above? In any case, I believe this was the final straw that broke the back of the Pixies.

As for Geer, today he's just one of the thousands of washed-up music industry people pretending his pathetic life is still relevant in some way.
billgoodman Posted - 10/01/2013 : 19:39:04
Really?

Fissile Posted - 10/01/2013 : 12:12:49
quote:

Jim Greer wrote some stories about those pictures.

Jim Greer is an asshole.
billgoodman Posted - 10/01/2013 : 11:54:32
Jim Greer wrote some stories about those pictures.

Fissile Posted - 09/29/2013 : 10:39:46
Not high school pictures, but a few interesting pictures of Kim with Robert Pollard.

Carl Posted - 09/22/2013 : 12:51:02
Those cheerleader pics make me think of old slasher movies.
Sprite Posted - 09/19/2013 : 03:44:34
quote:

I bet we end up with them at some point. For example, end of school proms are now all the rage in the UK (although my daughter bucked the trend and refused to go to hers! I was pleased, saved me a pile of money.....)

I'm a few years away from that thankfully although if my daughter asked me right now I'd have to say I'm sorry, I spent the money on Pixies tickets.
Fissile Posted - 09/19/2013 : 03:28:14
quote:
Originally posted by Sprite

Because I hate the idea of yearbooks tracking your physical development from year to year. No such shenanigans in UK and Ireland where I was schooled.

No one is forced to participate. Parents can request that their children not be included in class photos or yearbooks, although I don't recall any parents ever making that request.

When I was in high school(New Jersey), I recall one guy who refused to sit for his yearbook picture. At the end of the year, when kids were signing each others yearbooks, this guy would draw in a stick figure, and sign his name at the bottom.

Oh, yearbooks must be purchased. No student is required to purchase a yearbook. My class purchased a few extra copies. We donated one to the school library and another to the local public library. If you knew my name, place I attended high school, and class year, you could visit the local library, check out the yearbook, scan my picture, and upload to the net. There is no presumption of privacy as regards yearbooks. Actually, more than half of my school's yearbooks have been scanned and are currently available on the web.

Oh, that picture of Kim on the balance beam.......or is it Kelley?....seems to be a common pose for girls who participated in gymnastics. A gymnast girl from my class was photographed in that same exact pose. The cheerleader pyramid also seems to be common to every school.
bedrock_barney Posted - 09/19/2013 : 03:06:25
quote:

Because I hate the idea of yearbooks tracking your physical development from year to year. No such shenanigans in UK and Ireland where I was schooled.

I bet we end up with them at some point. For example, end of school proms are now all the rage in the UK (although my daughter bucked the trend and refused to go to hers! I was pleased, saved me a pile of money.....)
Sprite Posted - 09/19/2013 : 03:00:13
Fissile Posted - 09/19/2013 : 02:32:21
quote:

I'm just happy I did not go to school in the States

Why? BTW, where did you go to school?

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000