-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 General Frank Black Chat
 Spontaneous Q & A with Frank Black / Black Francis

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
blckfrncs Posted - 07/04/2009 : 21:17:26
Hello, All!

The blasted paperwork keeps from this international border for a full 8 hours this evening! But a perfect time to start a Q & A thread. I couldn't find the old thread so my apologies if I just couldn't find it. Sunday; 12.19 am; July 5, 2009. Is anybody out there?

bf
35   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
langdonboom Posted - 11/15/2009 : 04:18:15
Whoops! Sorry guys.

You are totally right Jose Jones - bossonova b-side. Duh. Shows you how long its been since I actually looked at the physical CD single I have. I used to have all the b-sides dubbed to a cassette tape to listen to in my car and my brain mashes them together. And I guess the sonics on that one made me think it was doolittle.... (if that's true it was recorded in those sessions it makes my totally-embarassing-to-the-uber-fan-in-me faux paux... understandable?)

But thanks guys, right you are, Bossonova B-side. See that little whore next tour, then! Now back to your regularly scheduled Q & A.

ETA: Hey! Wait a minnit! I just came across those "remastered Doolittle Demos" and it seems Santo is sitting smack dab right in the middle of Manta Ray and La La Love you! So maybe despite my brain fart on which single it actually came out on, I have a point in asking why no Santo! Though technically I don't, this made me laugh when I saw it. And its the actual b-side take as far as I can tell... well, the show is tomorrow night, and I won't be too disappointed if it isn't played but I will be psyched if it is. Though I understand their wanting to be commercially consistent.
floop Posted - 11/14/2009 : 09:28:20
ah, you guys are right. i think i was thinking of build high.. anyway, carry on
trobrianders Posted - 11/14/2009 : 08:50:13
Not so little.

Jose Jones Posted - 11/14/2009 : 05:10:25
apparently santo's a little whore.

-----------------------
they were the heroes of old, men of renown.
benji Posted - 11/13/2009 : 19:07:34
quote:
Originally posted by floop

i think technically it's a Trompe b-side, cuz it was released on the Planet Of Sound single. but there are some early demos of Santo from way back aren't there? like, Come On Pilgrim way back

santo was on the dig for fire single, but the version released was recorded during the same sessions as the b-sides from doolittle, so it could be called doolittle b-side if used that...

all i can say, thank god for polio! brian
floop Posted - 11/13/2009 : 16:08:19
i think technically it's a Trompe b-side, cuz it was released on the Planet Of Sound single. but there are some early demos of Santo from way back aren't there? like, Come On Pilgrim way back

i have a question for Frank: you mentioned being afraid of flying in an interview before. how afraid of flying are you? like, casually afraid, or do you avoid it as much as possible.. and why

also, in All My Ghosts.. who is the "woman from yesteryear"? or is there one? just curious
Jose Jones Posted - 11/13/2009 : 15:32:00
quote:
Originally posted by langdonboom

I have one question on the B-side set list -- Why aren't you guys playing my favorite Doolittle B-side Santo?

because it's a bossanova b-side?

-----------------------
langdonboom Posted - 11/13/2009 : 06:06:49
I have one question on the B-side set list -- Why aren't you guys playing my favorite Doolittle B-side Santo?
fumanbru Posted - 10/21/2009 : 02:45:14
it's non stop erotic

i'm hoping for a dvd as well

"I joined the Cult of Frank/ cause I'm a real go-getter!"...long live snitz!!
darwin Posted - 10/21/2009 : 02:34:03
"When I Go Down on You" really?
1965 Posted - 10/21/2009 : 01:32:42
quote:
Originally posted by 1965

Frank, could you break down Non-Stop-Erotic a little please: how many songs will there be on the record and/or can you post any song titles or lyrics like you did for svn fngrs :) are they all originals or can we expect a cover or two? Looking fwd to hearing...

I have the key to #902

Cinema Star
Corrina
Dead Man's Curve
Lake of Sin
Non Stop Erotic
O My Tidy Sum
Rabbits
Six-Legged Man
The Wild Son
Wheels
The When I Go Down On You

I have the key to #902
1965 Posted - 10/17/2009 : 00:11:09
Frank, could you break down Non-Stop-Erotic a little please: how many songs will there be on the record and/or can you post any song titles or lyrics like you did for svn fngrs :) are they all originals or can we expect a cover or two? Looking fwd to hearing...

I have the key to #902
gyaneshwar Posted - 10/08/2009 : 07:20:14
Charles - care to recommend a Leon Russell record?
pot Posted - 10/08/2009 : 03:08:54
I second that.

*emergency crappy askiitobee*
Levitated Posted - 10/08/2009 : 03:02:29
Please consider to tour Bossanova (and their B-sides) next year!!

Queremos a Pixies en america del sur!

Greetings from Chile. I hope you're having a great time in Europe!
Joey Joe Jo Jr. Chabadoo Posted - 10/07/2009 : 22:45:25
Have you listenned to the album "Non Stop Erotic Cabaret" by Soft Cell?

Is there a conscious or inconscious relationship?

Cheers!

++++
1965 Posted - 10/07/2009 : 22:29:26
Hey. Frank, will NSE be released before Der Golem? Actually when is Der Golem coming out?

By the way, re Doolittle tour - would you/Pixies be playing Santo at some stage, as it was a Doolittle era demo, I think?

Hope the tour/s go well anyway...

I have the key to #902
Skatealex1 Posted - 10/07/2009 : 16:31:00
Any chance we will see a recording of the Rabbit Hole song in the near future?

I think that song is really good.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Pixies again in November !

Broken Face Posted - 10/07/2009 : 16:28:12
Greetings Charles,

What's been the most fun of the Doolittle b-sides to dust off?

PS - just got a recording back of the Ciao My Shining Star show in Brooklyn - sounds great

- Brian
pot Posted - 10/07/2009 : 16:19:33
You know that picture on your facebook in the village somewhere in scotland with the phone box in the background, can you remember the name of the village?

danjersey Posted - 10/07/2009 : 16:11:35
I know Oregon has got some nice grapes growing there, ever considered making your own wine?

pot Posted - 10/07/2009 : 16:11:21
Any more news on the nijmegen usb dongle thing?

ccuadros Posted - 10/07/2009 : 16:09:25
mmm late again, any plan for a south american tour?
blckfrncs Posted - 10/07/2009 : 16:08:12
quote:
Originally posted by Jose Jones

is this london album similar in sound to previous EDF produced FB albums? lots of overdubs? more straight and raw? what's the deal?

-----------------------

you'll just have to listen to it...
blckfrncs Posted - 10/07/2009 : 16:07:40
quote:
Originally posted by pot

Since the release of Doolittle 20 years ago, what is the longest period you have gone without picking up your guitar to write or perform music?

i don't know. 6 months? not sure....
Jose Jones Posted - 10/07/2009 : 16:04:12
is this london album similar in sound to previous EDF produced FB albums? lots of overdubs? more straight and raw? what's the deal?

-----------------------
pot Posted - 10/07/2009 : 16:03:15
Since the release of Doolittle 20 years ago, what is the longest period you have gone without picking up your guitar to write or perform music?

blckfrncs Posted - 10/07/2009 : 16:02:38
quote:

what would you say is a muse of yours right now (in the tradition of previous musical influences: surf, burl ives, neil young...)?

-----------------------

just finished a record called NON STOP EROTIC. The muse is....well...erotic!

bf
blckfrncs Posted - 10/07/2009 : 16:01:31
quote:

what would you say is a muse of yours right now (in the tradition of previous musical influences: surf, burl ives, neil young...)?

-----------------------

no idea!
Jose Jones Posted - 10/07/2009 : 15:58:04

-----------------------
blckfrncs Posted - 10/07/2009 : 15:51:32
wednesday night...3am. que pasa muchachos?
Idalgo Clandestino Posted - 08/19/2009 : 21:50:09
quote:
Originally posted by IceManCometh

Still ever toy with the idea of making a kind of toss-off covers record, as the first album way back when was supposed to be? Say, throwing in some Fall, Cramps, Tom Waits, Iggy Pop, Husker Du, Wire, Wipers, Wall of Voodoo, Buzzcocks, Tom Verlaine/Television, Ramones, that kind of thing?

... and maybe some early Stranglers (e.g. from the Black'n'White Album)?

you probably thought i'm a shy guy
IceManCometh Posted - 08/17/2009 : 16:42:28
Still ever toy with the idea of making a kind of toss-off covers record, as the first album way back when was supposed to be? Say, throwing in some Fall, Cramps, Tom Waits, Iggy Pop, Husker Du, Wire, Wipers, Wall of Voodoo, Buzzcocks, Tom Verlaine/Television, Ramones, that kind of thing?
Brank_Flack Posted - 08/16/2009 : 08:49:46
Is there any truth to the Non-Stop Erotik album rumor?

I'll be seeing you at the virgin festival show in Toronto, first time seeing the Pixies and i'm really excited! Any chances of a Black Francis show in Toronto while you're up?
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 07/30/2009 : 23:29:02
Sorry, quick but unrelated test.

"Now you're officially my woman. Kudos. I can't say I don't envy you."

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000