-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Topic!
 Suggestion Box / Website Discussion
 modmodmod

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Cheeseman1000 Posted - 04/25/2007 : 05:46:14
Here commences the petition to have more moderators and admin - i.e. more people that are able to completely ban and lock accounts, more that are able to edit posts. Don't give any more power to tre, she'll go completely power-mad, but there must be some responsible individuals to share the load...

Numberwang?
35   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Carl Posted - 08/23/2007 : 05:11:15
Phil Daniels anybody?

"I hate how the reptile dreams it's a mammal. Scaley monster: be what you are!!" - Erebus.
Rico Ricardo Posted - 08/19/2007 : 13:57:38
it was a gay swingers forum of course

Live and let live
Homers_pet_monkey Posted - 08/16/2007 : 05:55:18
www.bighairymuffs.com

I'd walk her everyday, into a shady place
Daisy Girl Posted - 08/15/2007 : 20:25:14
what forum did you moderate?

bluefinger
PixieSteve Posted - 08/15/2007 : 17:46:05
(i don't want to be a mod here)

"Idiot" is just her sig.
Rico Ricardo Posted - 08/15/2007 : 17:40:09
And why not? The forum we moderated was a lot busier than this one in it's heyday.

Live and let live
Homers_pet_monkey Posted - 08/15/2007 : 05:03:19
quote:
Originally posted by fbc

i'd vote for you, steve. it doesn't seem like the hardest job in the world, and even if it was, you're a smart guy, i'm sure you could handle Mr Nike Air Jordan For Sale.

I may have spoken too soon. Maybe fan power is going to win the day.

The Holiday Son Posted - 08/15/2007 : 02:26:18
For what it's worth, I'd vote for Soren.
fbc Posted - 08/15/2007 : 00:46:05
i'd vote for you, steve. it doesn't seem like the hardest job in the world, and even if it was, you're a smart guy, i'm sure you could handle Mr Nike Air Jordan For Sale.
PixieSteve Posted - 08/14/2007 : 15:50:22
of course it wouldn't

"Idiot" is just her sig.
Homers_pet_monkey Posted - 08/14/2007 : 10:39:40
quote:
Originally posted by Rico Ricardo

I think PixieSteve would make a good mod

Live and let live

Hahahaaaaaaa! Oh that one's a doozy.

No offence Steve, but I'm sure you'll agree, that's NEVER gonna happen.

fbc Posted - 08/14/2007 : 01:11:59
i'm sure everything will be back to normal and all mods back in their places once Cult of Frank returns from his travels. But it is kind of frustrating watching this place slip behind the times.

quote:
There are a few more issues here, by the way. There has to be a high level of trust, and with Dave rarely around, it is hard to find people who get unanimous approval from Dean and Dave (and i suppose i have a small say, as should Tre). Not just trust in terms of making the proper decisions w/ locking/moving threads, but also just as a good representative for the site, and also someone who we can get along with (relatively speaking) decently, and also someone who can be trusted in terms of not being a baby about things and flipping out and not taking things personally and whatnot...

... and someone who doesn't disappear for months on end. busy or not.
Rico Ricardo Posted - 08/13/2007 : 16:48:05
This is the least modded forum I've ever been to on the internet. Seriously, what's the hold up, make a few of the regular longtime posters mods, what's so hard about that? I'm pretty sure people who have been around for a long time will want to look after the place.

But whatever, I suppose it's not like there are spam attacks every week or anything. Just saying is all. I think PixieSteve would make a good mod, we met at another forum many moons ago, and we both modded different forums over there (the website no longer exists alas).

Live and let live
Carl Posted - 07/10/2007 : 15:34:31
I think Funny Tokyo DVD Sign Man should be our new mod.

"I hate how the reptile dreams it's a mammal. Scaley monster: be what you are!!" - Erebus.
floop Posted - 07/10/2007 : 10:30:07
whate ever happened with this?
vilainde Posted - 05/22/2007 : 13:29:41
Can I be a mod? I'd like to ban all newbies.

Denis

"Can you hear me? I aint got shit to say."
Carl Posted - 05/22/2007 : 12:08:14
quote:
Originally posted by Daisy Girl

I wish I would have spoken up sooner, but I think that Carl would make a great mod, too. He does so much for this place.

Heh, Yeah, like flooding it with unread articles! But thank you, Daisy.
tisasawath Posted - 05/20/2007 : 11:59:36
so much, true

-----
AAAAWWWWWRRRIIGGHHTTTTT !! !
Daisy Girl Posted - 05/19/2007 : 09:32:09
I wish I would have spoken up sooner, but I think that Carl would make a great mod, too. He does so much for this place.

bluefinger
floop Posted - 05/17/2007 : 11:59:11
whatever happened with this?

Do you think Bluefinger was intended to be a Pixies album?
Homers_pet_monkey Posted - 05/01/2007 : 05:03:36
I'm happy to back the call for any of the people suggested here to be mods, if we really do need more. I know the spamming has become more of a problem recently, but as Brian says, if we just ignore them from now on, that will help.

Carolynanna Posted - 04/30/2007 : 13:52:43
Oh, well, I happen to live a hop skip and a jump away from Calgary.

speedy_m Posted - 04/30/2007 : 13:19:06
http://www.sledisland.com

I hate you, Calgary.

maybe I'll kick it
Carolynanna Posted - 04/30/2007 : 13:07:36
No, what? where?

speedy_m Posted - 04/30/2007 : 12:30:49
Carolyn, did you see my link to Sled Island yet? Srsly.

maybe I'll kick it
Carolynanna Posted - 04/30/2007 : 10:41:11
Don't worry Dean, apparently I stink too.
But I think Simon's just trying to draw attention away from himself...

Cheeseman1000 Posted - 04/30/2007 : 08:17:09
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

You had to make this personal...

"Now you're officially my woman. Kudos. I can't say I don't envy you."

Well you do. You know why I have no respect for you, Mr Never-Had-A-Curry.

Numberwang?
PixieSteve Posted - 04/30/2007 : 06:09:11
dean, i apologise. i didn't want to get drawn in to a debate about name calling. slip of the tongue. although, can i transfer moron status to coastline?

"I'm such a a news nerd." - Carl
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 04/30/2007 : 01:27:43
You had to make this personal...

Cheeseman1000 Posted - 04/30/2007 : 01:26:05
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

Heh, true. Though this is actually an extension of that trip that I didn't complete at the time for personal/work reasons. Still, I am a bastard and know it.

Plus, you smell.

Numberwang?
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 04/30/2007 : 01:15:51
Heh, true. Though this is actually an extension of that trip that I didn't complete at the time for personal/work reasons. Still, I am a bastard and know it.

As for Steve's points, I do agree that Brian being an admin could only help rather than hurt even if he's not here much, I just need to organize a time to chat with Dave on it. I'm pretty sure I addressed the rest as well. Like I said, feel free to continue discussing potential mods or people to help with other parts of the site. I'll have to chat with Tre and Brian before doing anything regardless.

darwin Posted - 04/29/2007 : 20:48:42
quote:
Originally posted by Broken Face
Dean is on a once in a lifetime trip - and he's getting shit for it.

He used up his "once in a lifetime trip" card in Europe last year. The bastard.
floop Posted - 04/29/2007 : 18:57:41
quote:
Originally posted by coastline

quote:
Originally posted by PixieSteve

huh?

me in this thread: making helpful suggestions and arguing for the good of the community.
you in this thread: taking pointless cheap shots

how old are you?

With a little age, Steve, will come the sort of maturity that lets you know when it's time to shut up and move on. That's what speedy_m was talking about. And lay off of Dean. He's done one hell of a lot for this community, and continues to do what he can despite his limited access. If he needs help, he'll ask the right people. We owe it to him to trust that he'll do the right thing. You aren't helping.

Please pardon me, for these my wrongs.

calling dean a moron wasn't the best move, but every other question steve brings up is a valid one. and still hasn't been answered. why can't brian and tre be moderators? why not nominate more moderators? (how about fbc and llama)??

if anything, he got some discussion going about some pretty good questions. i think the condescending "listen to me i'm an old man with much wisdom" response might be out of place on this one

jamming good with Weird and Gilly
Broken Face Posted - 04/29/2007 : 18:47:18
I just checked into this thread for the first time since posting a response to Tre a few days ago, and wow, this has gotten out of hand.

I appreciate the support for getting us more help - i truly do. However, i think that everyone involved needs to take a step back and look at what we really need right now on this site :

1) A solution to the spam problem

This will, probably, never happen. Every forum of this magnitude on Earth gets spammed, and this is no different. However, if we can make an effort as a community to simply ignore the spam until a mod/admin gets to it, that would probably be best. I know this is a bit of sticking our collective head in the sand, but even with 15 mods, there would still be times spammers would strike. So, let's just leave it be and attempt to refrain from posting "SPAMMER!" in those threads.

2) More moderation

This can be achieved in a number of ways. First off, lead by example. If someone is being a prick, show them (in a mature manner) how they should be acting. Secondly, if a thread has existed for more than a day or so in a wrong area, email a mod and we'll move it. The truth of the matter is that we are all busy and, once again, if there were 15 of us moderating, there would still be gaps in service. Third of all - lay off the newbies - we were all once new here. We will be adding more mods eventually - but this very second is probably not a very convenient time for it. Let's let Dean get situated and then we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. And finally, show a little tact when dealing with anyone here. Good citizens breed good communties (of which we have a fine one here).

3) A Reality Check

We are not paid for this - we take time out of our personal lives; time away from our familes, jobs, hobbies, friends and significant others to do this. I am not saying this to complain - i fucking love my duties here - i've gotten to meet many cool people, have been exposed to more cool music, film and literature than i would've ever imagined, and i get to do a podcast about the world's greatest songwriter. I'm a lucky guy. However, i am a lucky guy who puts in a full time job, who is trying to plan a wedding, find a place to live and also have some fun and write some songs. Dean is on a once in a lifetime trip - and he's getting shit for it. Dave has decided to step back his involvelemt on the site. Which is fine; he doesn't owe us anything. Tre has been a trooper through all of this and deserves our sincerest thanks. The point is that we can all try and decide what we feel is best for this site/forum/community, but for right now, what is best is some civility and some cooperation.

If that isn't good enough, sorry.

-Brian - http://bvsrant.blogspot.com
coastline Posted - 04/29/2007 : 18:06:15
quote:
Originally posted by PixieSteve

huh?

me in this thread: making helpful suggestions and arguing for the good of the community.
you in this thread: taking pointless cheap shots

how old are you?

With a little age, Steve, will come the sort of maturity that lets you know when it's time to shut up and move on. That's what speedy_m was talking about. And lay off of Dean. He's done one hell of a lot for this community, and continues to do what he can despite his limited access. If he needs help, he'll ask the right people. We owe it to him to trust that he'll do the right thing. You aren't helping.

Please pardon me, for these my wrongs.

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000