-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 Frank Black -- Live!
 Electric + Solo

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ScottP Posted - 08/26/2006 : 02:36:51
I wonder if Frank has given any thought to sporadically plugging in the tele during this solo leg of his tour? It may sound strange for a guy to be plugged in and distorted all by yourself up on stage, but it's actually a really cool sounding approach. Put that amp in just the right place and get some feedback/long assed sustain. It might not be a bad idea to have this plan in place just in case the audience was ugly, rude, or overly talkative.

I don't know, I used to do this once in a while and it would remind me of the way "alternative" used to mean to me back when "alternative" really meant something. Just kind of different. Kind of macho, but in a vulnerable way.
35   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
martha_promise Posted - 08/30/2006 : 15:00:25
Yeah Benji, I got the Brixton show to work as well. It looks incredible. Thanks so much!

-Tom
benji Posted - 08/30/2006 : 14:47:17
no worries floop. most/all thanks should go to jon who made the original dvd....

tom, yes, nero is the one to use....just open a blank DVD-Video template in nero and copy the contents of the video_ts file into the same folder on the dvd and burn....leave the audio_ts folder blank....

however, you will have to check whether your dvd player can handle a PAL disc....you crazy americans....

hope you got the pixies brixton show to work too tom...hehe, thats another one of my creations....weehee.

all i can say, thank god for polio! brian
floop Posted - 08/30/2006 : 14:13:04
thanks for the advice homies. i'll try it out when i get home..

and thanks for the video benji
martha_promise Posted - 08/30/2006 : 14:05:38
Hey guys, I got mine to work. I just needed to reconfigure some memory. (time for an upgrade) I really appreciate it! I'm looking forward to checking it out tonight. I haven't burned a vob/video_ts file to a dvd yet. I'm assuming it's pretty self explanatory with the use of a program such as Nero?

-Tom
fbc Posted - 08/30/2006 : 13:56:50
quote:
Originally posted by floop

i have a mac so maybe that has something to do with it. i know my mac doesn't always play windows media player files..

fuck windows media player

try looking in 'preferences'. make sure 'enable audio' is selected. if it isn't, enable it, quit VLC, then double click on one of the VOB files.

It would be pretty neat if fB plugged in a tele, Scott, especially on 'Dead Man's Curve' and the Teenager/Eponymous tracks.

"the extraordinary Frank Black" - david bowie
ScottP Posted - 08/30/2006 : 13:44:34
My most successful topic to date. Of course the topic changed after about 3 replies, but I'm still very proud.
benji Posted - 08/30/2006 : 13:30:58
well there is definitely audio there....
have you guys tried burning to dvd and watching on a dvd player?

Llamadance Posted - 08/30/2006 : 12:56:37
play it, then right click on the picture, go to audio track.....does track 1 or disable have the black circle next to it?

What lies before us and what lies behind us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us -Ralph Waldo Emerson

floop Posted - 08/30/2006 : 12:02:02
i have a mac so maybe that has something to do with it. i know my mac doesn't always play windows media player files..

fuck windows media player
Llamadance Posted - 08/30/2006 : 11:59:19
VLC worked fine for me. If it's cutting, do you have anything else intensive running on your PC? ie using a lot of cpu/RAM?

It should open in Windows Media player.

What lies before us and what lies behind us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us -Ralph Waldo Emerson

martha_promise Posted - 08/30/2006 : 11:13:17
I'm using VLC as well. I have audio but it's cutting out every few seconds radomly. The same thing happens with the Brixton show. It's probably something on my end. Any ideas?

floop Posted - 08/30/2006 : 10:50:56
it comes up as VLC (or something)

i tried to open it in quicktime but no go
Llamadance Posted - 08/30/2006 : 10:36:04
what are you using to play it?

floop Posted - 08/30/2006 : 09:55:55
well, it looks like it's a good performance
darwin Posted - 08/30/2006 : 09:01:56
Nobody said there would be audio. That would take too long to download.
floop Posted - 08/30/2006 : 07:39:48
it's finally done after 3 days and there's no audio. is there some setting i need to know about?
benji Posted - 08/30/2006 : 02:21:12
you could watch it on your computer?

...yeah, you were right, it was a silly idea....

why not buy a dvd burner?

vilainde Posted - 08/30/2006 : 01:42:44
Uh... how to explain... I started downloading it and then thought it was a silly idea... considering that I don't have a DVD burner.

Denis

benji Posted - 08/30/2006 : 01:38:32
well floop and co...all finished now.
enjoy the show....hope it was worth the wait...

denis, did you manage to jump on too?

floop Posted - 08/29/2006 : 12:06:08
quote:
Originally posted by benji

good things take time....

but yeah, my contribution is not very fast at the moment...bandwidth very busy with something else, but now that someone else has jumped on too (fbc is that you?), it's going much quicker....

welcome to the wonders of dime floop.

thanks benji. look forward to the show. last night it kept jumping between "24 hours left" to like "53 hours left".. i left it on at home. we'll see.

i forgot about shows he did around 94 when he opened for the Ramones, solo electric. i was lucky enough to see one of those too.

would sure love to see one of those McCabes shows on video
fbc Posted - 08/29/2006 : 03:05:23
Someone keeps jumping in and out of my seeding. What? My upload too slow for ya?!

I'll keep seeding for you, denis, you know i will.

benji Posted - 08/29/2006 : 02:57:43
better be quick denis!!
nah, we'll still be going....

fbc, think floop's there, as well as martha_promise.....

but yeah, once nabbed, forgive my crappy menu...wish i could do it again.....
but the gig itself is very good. short, but good.

vilainde Posted - 08/29/2006 : 02:34:11
Hey, no, wait... I just registered to dime too, I'll try to download this tonight.

Denis

fbc Posted - 08/29/2006 : 02:28:05
i think it's me, Benji. i couldn't stay on too long yesterday but can today.
only one peer downloading, just under 50%. i'll keep seeding until he (if it's floop, coolio!) has the awesome 100%.

benji Posted - 08/29/2006 : 01:24:33
good things take time....

but yeah, my contribution is not very fast at the moment...bandwidth very busy with something else, but now that someone else has jumped on too (fbc is that you?), it's going much quicker....

welcome to the wonders of dime floop.

floop Posted - 08/29/2006 : 00:52:05
i've been downloading all day. only 24 hours left to go for my download :)
fbc Posted - 08/28/2006 : 05:49:29
I think I have it somewhere. I'll try and help with the seeding, too.
benji Posted - 08/27/2006 : 22:10:17
yep, the solution to obtaining a dime account is stubbornness...just don't give up.
sit on the signup page and refresh it every minute or so and you should get an account become available within 15mins.

so people are having problems with the UK 1994 show i uploaded?
well i'll jump on as seeder for a bit. i won't be able to stay as my 'puter is busy doing something else, but just to see whether you guys can connect to someone....but there has been a seeder very recently, as in within the last 3 hours, but they gone now and also no leechers.....

martha_promise Posted - 08/27/2006 : 21:25:31
I have had good luck with torrents in the past, but with this one I am getting the same result as floop. Not sure what's going on. Any help would be appreciated. It sounds like a great show.

Darwin, to echo Brian and Erebus, if you keep trying randomly throughout the day you should have some luck. I was finally able to get signed up around eleven a couple nights ago.

darwin Posted - 08/27/2006 : 21:18:52
quote:
Originally posted by Broken Face

Just try a few minutes apart Darwin - try it while reading the sad Boston box score in the AM, and then try again after you've dried your tears.

-Brian - http://bvsrant.blogspot.com

I was offered a ticket to tomorrow's Red Sox game in Oakland. I almost turned it down because those bastards are killing me, but I didn't.

I'll keep trying on the dime.
Erebus Posted - 08/27/2006 : 21:03:31
floop - you're going to encounter that, and sometimes it just takes awhile to establish the connection. often the problem is with the other end, maybe on dial-up or something.

darwin - like Brian says. you'll get one, and then when you do just use it regularly and you won't lose it.

Broken Face Posted - 08/27/2006 : 20:57:31
Just try a few minutes apart Darwin - try it while reading the sad Boston box score in the AM, and then try again after you've dried your tears.

-Brian - http://bvsrant.blogspot.com
darwin Posted - 08/27/2006 : 20:53:51
How does one get a dime account? Every morning I strike out. Anyone know when the new accounts of the day become available?
benji Posted - 08/27/2006 : 18:34:20
so thats saying there is one other person connected to the torrent but for some reason you can't download anything from him. could be either he is, or you are, firewalled.

what show are you connected too and i'll have a look to see why nothing's happeneing.

also, try another show and see if you get something this time....

floop Posted - 08/27/2006 : 17:51:30
thanks holiday. i downloaded a torrent thing.. but now when i try and download the show it says "downloading from 0 of 1 peer" and i get nothing

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000