-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 General Frank Black Chat
 FrankBlack.NET Podcast

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 02/14/2006 : 07:15:36
As a valentine's day gift to you, we've released our first ever FrankBlack.Net podcast. On it, you'll find some live goodies, rare b-sides, favourite and underrated album tracks, and definitely some exclusive and unreleased material.

FrankBlack.Net Podcast Homepage

We really want it to feel like YOUR podcast, so we'll be doing everything we can to integrate it with our community here. Expect songs from the FB.Net Salon, maybe even readings, interviews with forum members, discussion on things happening on the forum/feedback relating to the podcast, and anything else that seems like a good idea.

So, if you want to discuss the podcast, make a request, whatever, let us know what you think by emailing or posting here (whichever way you feel more comfortable) and certainly, if you have ideas we'd love to hear 'em. Obviously we hope to make each one better and better, but we'll need help.

Episode #1
Black Sessions - Freedom Rock
Black Sessions - Whatever Happened to Pong

Sunday Sunny Mill Valley Groove Day - Pan American Highway
The Cult of Ray - Men In Black
Paul Slavens - Cactus (orig. by Pixies)

Cooking Vinyl Nadine EP - Ludwigshafen

Electric Ladyland Studios - Theme from One Step Beyond
Crime & Punishment in Suburbia - Bullet
Lowlands Festival 2001 - Gouge Away

Zipper - Whispering Weeds (orig. FB&C's)
Derek Olson - Where Is My Mind (orig. Pixies)

Show Me Your Tears - New House of the Pope
Devil's Workshop - Heloise

Fastman Raiderman - Dog Sleep
We hope you enjoy it. We had a blast making this come to life.
-Dean & Brian

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
35   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Stevio10 Posted - 05/05/2023 : 09:56:28
The podcasts are now on Google Podcasts for anyone interested. I never listened to them back in the day (blasphemy!) something to do with technology not knowing what to do with the RS reader...anyway I'm glad they're easily accessible and enjoying them. Belated thanks Brian and Dean.
Sprite Posted - 03/07/2017 : 02:27:59
I just looked at the Sticky and noticed that the announcement of the first podcast was in 2006! I can't believe that. I would have swore they started before the Pixies reformed. Seems like a different age.
Bedbug Posted - 03/07/2017 : 01:50:39
quote:
Originally posted by Broken Face

quote:
Originally posted by hammerhands

Well, the MOST controversial thing was the statement
that the best post Frank Black song was Don't Get
Me Wrong, which is on an album that gave us a peak
at Dead Man's Curve.

DMC is a great song, and the best version of that song is on Christmass (not a fan of the drum work on any of the live versions - i feel it kills the momentum - the chugging acoustic guitar line by FB is minimized with the full band), but DGMW, i still feel, is a stronger, more interesting song that, so far, has never been played live, unlike DMC which has been dusted off solo acoustic, w/ the EDF/Billy Block/Duane Jarvis band, the 93-03 band and the Bluefinger band.

I'm also a big fan of Reid Paley, especially as a lyricist, so that might be part of my bias towards it as well.

- Brian

Is this still true, that DGMW has never been played live?
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 10/19/2013 : 09:26:39
<crickets>

"If we hit this bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Solidgld Posted - 09/10/2013 : 23:24:39
Any chance of the podcast starting up again?
shineoftheever Posted - 07/05/2013 : 22:17:47
shut it buddy

20th Anniversary Tour; Teenager Of The Year: Live and Complete - Coming Soon in 2014 to your favorite venue!
TEARNECET Posted - 07/05/2013 : 14:37:36
<SPAM Removed>

Mac E. Doobage Posted - 04/16/2013 : 16:49:23
Dusty Beef
hammerhands Posted - 12/21/2012 : 16:35:53
You have 2 days!
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 12/21/2012 : 13:59:36
May I suggest listening to the first 49 podcasts? By the time you get through, 50 will be released.

"If we hit this bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
floop Posted - 12/19/2012 : 19:03:07
no podcast = pussying out

green star member since 2006. smb?
darwin Posted - 12/19/2012 : 13:47:40
quote:
Originally posted by Mac E. Doobage

Any word on podcast?

Usually many words
unsomnambulist Posted - 11/16/2012 : 13:47:24
I concur

--u----n---s----0---m---n---a-B-u---l-i-s--t-
badronald Posted - 11/14/2012 : 18:34:12
I've been relistening to all the shows from the beginning and I just have to say I'm digging them even more the second time around. They hold up well; especially the live cuts and rare tracks; I forgot some of the gems you guys unearthed. Thanks for all the work you put into these.

- br
fumanbru Posted - 10/05/2012 : 19:27:38
i'm a fan too! and congrats broken face!

"I joined the Cult of Frank/ cause I'm a real go-getter!"...long live snitz!!
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 10/04/2012 : 14:55:50
I'm honoured that you are a fan, floop. I never suspected...

OK, I will tell Brian that enough is enough. We certainly have enough material to cover...

floop Posted - 10/04/2012 : 05:36:48
if Frank can put out albums being a poppa Brian can suck it up and do a podcast.

the fans are tired of excuses. i'm going to light a fire under your asses
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 10/03/2012 : 18:11:33
Everything is very good but very busy. Brian is now a papa. That makes podcast time hard to find and I'm not exactly Mr. Free time either...

pot Posted - 02/10/2012 : 12:56:39
No such thing as the final podcast
fbc Posted - 02/10/2012 : 11:59:49
You're either a pilot or you've been travelling for the past how many years. You sure do get around. I cross counties, you cross continents..
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 02/10/2012 : 04:54:34
Brian will share them on the next podcast. :P Mine are just that I am on the road two weeks of every month it seems. Currently in Costa Rica and flying to Honduras tonight for the next two weeks then home for a couple weeks and off to Brazil as an example.

Which I hope isn't our final one, too, franktaper... I really do enjoy recording them with Brian but as it is we can't even seem to get together to catch up on Skype much less plan the next show.

franktaper Posted - 02/09/2012 : 16:50:39
A "final podcast"? That sounds depressing and final. Are you in need of Frank Black stuff to put on a podcast?

[quote]Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

Brian and I have been trying to get together but for obvious reasons he is a busy man and for less obvious reasons, I am, too. Still, if nothing else I will promise one final podcast with more rambling than you could dare dream for. It will be released when it is ready.

trobrianders Posted - 02/08/2012 : 02:18:08
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

It will be released when it is ready.

Heh. Always left us wanting more.

Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 02/07/2012 : 14:13:40
Brian and I have been trying to get together but for obvious reasons he is a busy man and for less obvious reasons, I am, too. Still, if nothing else I will promise one final podcast with more rambling than you could dare dream for. It will be released when it is ready.

Mac E. Doobage Posted - 02/05/2012 : 16:44:01
New Podcast?
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 02/03/2012 : 19:04:12
I keep looking for the "Like" button. Damn you, Facebook.

darwin Posted - 02/03/2012 : 10:10:28
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_come_%28publishing%29
Mac E. Doobage Posted - 02/03/2012 : 09:44:13
The Kid.

When's the new ep coming?
vilainde Posted - 02/03/2012 : 06:27:05
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tk

Denis

Obsidiana Bijoux
darwin Posted - 02/03/2012 : 06:09:04
Title TK
hammerhands Posted - 02/03/2012 : 05:59:37
Telekinesis, obviously,
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 02/02/2012 : 17:42:55
What is TK?

Mac E. Doobage Posted - 02/02/2012 : 10:23:30
?????????
Mac E. Doobage Posted - 01/09/2012 : 17:54:13
Who's got what for TK?
Mac E. Doobage Posted - 12/29/2011 : 16:21:52
I need a s'more accurate eta.

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000