-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 All Over the World -- Pixies Live!
 Pixies at Landsdown Rd. Dublin

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
therewererumours Posted - 08/23/2005 : 18:53:58
I just got home and am pretty drunk, cheers Carl, Oisin, Bazza and Mike for making this an FB.net Pixies concert. Had a great fucking time. Thanks to Oisin( who moshed and managed to type the setlist into his phone at the same time)!, I have a set list here that I will try and decypher

Wave of Mutilation (UK Surf)
Lady in the Radiator Song
Where is my Mind
Here Comes Your Man
Nimrod's Son
The Holiday Song
Mr. Grieves
Vamos
Is She Weird
Bone Machine
No.13 Baby
I Bleed
Monkey Gone to Heaven
Wave of Mutilation
Alison
Broken Face
Isla De Encanta
River Euphrates
Caribou
The Sad Punk
Hey
Gouge Away
Cactus
Debaser
Tame
Planet of Sound
(encore) Gigantic

Cheers again to Oisin for getting all this while I was jumping around. We got in the pit and were pretty close, might have some photos to post if there not all of the crowds heads

Join the Cult of
35   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Carl Posted - 09/13/2005 : 17:39:31
Hot Press have a review of the gig, but you have to subscribe!!

It's reviewed in the new issue, but I did'nt get it.
therewererumours Posted - 09/07/2005 : 20:52:03
quote:
Originally posted by Otherfellers

I didn't notice any problems with the sound, but that's probably because I was very close to the front in the pit.

I was suprised and elated to hear I Bleed, but that being said the biggest suprise of the night had to be that Bob didn't take time out from playing lead guitar with teenage fannie to rant about poverty at the crowd.

Oh, and I'm Oisin

God, I love teenage fannie, wait, ya, no, ya, I wanted to hear Sister Isabel!

On the thirty-first floor your gold-plated door
Won't keep out the Lord's burning rain
Carl Posted - 09/06/2005 : 05:06:27
It took me a minute to cop on!!
therewererumours Posted - 09/04/2005 : 20:25:10
Haha, thanks for getting that Carl, I thought I would be on my own.

Join the Cult of
Carl Posted - 09/04/2005 : 18:31:22
"This is the worst day of my life!"

therewererumours Posted - 09/04/2005 : 18:07:54
She got a Lenny done!

Join the Cult of
Carl Posted - 09/02/2005 : 18:01:54
You know, I was just thinking, a few things I forgot which were really cool....before going into the grounds, myself and my brother went up to find a shop-there was a heavy security and police presence and there were loudspeakers advising people about the arrangements, etc., and it was so cool to hear The Pixies mentioned over loudspeakers in the area , with cars going by, etc.!

BTW, Kim Deal....does that woman ever stop smiling? Many times, when people talk about The Pixies live, her big, happy, grin is mentioned! It's so true!! :)
frank_black_ Posted - 08/25/2005 : 09:11:41
quote:
Originally posted by Otherfellers

I didn't notice any problems with the sound, but that's probably because I was very close to the front in the pit.

I was suprised and elated to hear I Bleed, but that being said the biggest suprise of the night had to be that Bob didn't take time out from playing lead guitar with teenage fannie to rant about poverty at the crowd.

Oh, and I'm Oisin

Nice job taking down the setlist

"Who doesn't like the ******* Who?" ~ Frank Black
Otherfellers Posted - 08/25/2005 : 08:46:54

Oh, and I'm Oisin
Carl Posted - 08/25/2005 : 08:39:01
Did that happen?! Was it just a rumour?!
frank_black_ Posted - 08/25/2005 : 08:21:25
quote:
Originally posted by therewererumours

quote:
Originally posted by frank_black_

I can se myslef and two other peopel I know in one of those photos :D

Ha ha, I hope you didn't hear my singing! ;)

Join the Cult of

lol, nope but then, I was *singing* pretty loudly too.

And tht's cool about the magic show in whealens.

therewererumours Posted - 08/25/2005 : 08:17:04
quote:

Ha ha, I hope you didn't hear my singing! ;)

Join the Cult of
Foucaults Dog Posted - 08/25/2005 : 06:35:24
Anyone hear that Dave did a magic show in Whelan's after the gig???
nomadicwesti Posted - 08/25/2005 : 04:38:26
amazing concert
last saw them 1990 and before that in 1988/89 i think it was anyway
However that set matched anything I've done or heard since i last heard the pixies ...and who else still has a crush on Kim

yeah the volum was pretty low but we were just behind the pit and pretty much moshed our way through most of the set until the bouncers intervened hahahaha ...in case youw ere there we were the two scots throwing ourselves about

Cant wait for meadowbank!!!!

BTW To the irish ...cheers for your lack of pretension and willingness to party hard and smile

The son of an incestuous union
therewererumours Posted - 08/24/2005 : 16:35:02
quote:
Originally posted by James Phoenix

Review found here:
http://www.seewhatyouhear.com/Live_Reviews/pixies.htm

Pretty good account of the evening!

Join the Cult of
frank_black_ Posted - 08/24/2005 : 16:28:40

chineselover Posted - 08/24/2005 : 16:04:47
Thanks James, better than the Irish Independent article - laden with inaccuracies by someone that was obviously no where near Lansdowne Rd..
Carl Posted - 08/24/2005 : 15:57:05
"Kim Deal (looking like someone's long-lost evil, billionaire aunt)"

:D
James Phoenix Posted - 08/24/2005 : 15:48:23
Review found here:
http://www.seewhatyouhear.com/Live_Reviews/pixies.htm
therewererumours Posted - 08/24/2005 : 15:18:15
"Good night Kim" , "Good night Charles", "Good night Joey", "Good night Charles", "Say good night Dave", '"Good night Dave", or something like that, it was soo funny!

Join the Cult of
Carl Posted - 08/24/2005 : 15:10:58
Those pictures are fine, Barry!

I was glad to hear No.13 Baby, it's possibly my favorite Pixies song. I'm not sure I recall the bottle incident, I did'nt see a bottle hit Frank, anyway. I forgot about the water incident-Kim Deal was wiping her bass down with a towel and laughing!! And it was really funny when Frank and Kim were pretending to argue with each other, it looked to me looked to me like she was acting shocked and Frank was trying to calm her down, heehee!! Overall, great night!
therewererumours Posted - 08/24/2005 : 14:43:01
Heres some of my terrible pictures from the concert. I was too busy enjoying the music to get any good ones .

The manta ray backdrop was really cool, have they used that at other venues?

Join the Cult of
Foucaults Dog Posted - 08/24/2005 : 11:48:53
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Foucaults Dog

quote:

like Carl said earlier, they played a version of In Heaven so you need to add that to the set list

"In Heaven" as you call it IS "The Lady in the Radiator Song"

*slaps self*

Sorry, I just always refer to it as "In Heaven" so when I didn't see that I didn't really think

Don't mind me I'm just being pedantic...The only reason it came to mind was I happened to be talking to someone about Eraser Head just before the gig
Obvious song reference Posted - 08/24/2005 : 11:33:06
I was in the front row of the pit, in front to the right of Kim a bit.

My friend got Frank's setlist from one of the bouncers cos he had hit him in the face during the Kings of Leon set.

For those of you who were in the pit and heard people shouting "teabag" and throwing teabags toward the stage during Humanzi and Teeneage Fanclub, that was me and my friends.

The show was Great! I didn't notice any problem with the sound, but after almost every song Kim was sinalling to someone backstage to turn her bass up, or just to turn everything up, which would've been a good idea.

Do you ever read signatures thinking they're part of an actual post?
I find it really annoying
frank_black_ Posted - 08/24/2005 : 11:02:59
wait, I copied the setlist into word earlier and "lady in the raditor song" isn't there and I see therewererumeors has edited it so I presume he jsut added it in.

frank_black_ Posted - 08/24/2005 : 11:00:13
quote:
Originally posted by Foucaults Dog

quote:

like Carl said earlier, they played a version of In Heaven so you need to add that to the set list

*slaps self*

Sorry, I just always refer to it as "In Heaven" so when I didn't see that I didn't really think

Foucaults Dog Posted - 08/24/2005 : 10:54:05
quote:

frank_black_ Posted - 08/24/2005 : 10:39:42
the sad punk and planet of sound suprised me but both were excellent

Ziggy Posted - 08/24/2005 : 10:37:10
I was just happy to see that Sad Punk and Allison were in there. I like the running order of the show hehe. Hope it's like that in Ally Pally next week!
frank_black_ Posted - 08/24/2005 : 10:35:11
Sorry to hear that Marsist, the crowd we really good were I was and it seemed that everone knew every lyric which was great. Yeah, I couldn't beleive it when someone through the bottle at Frank and im glad the crowd booed at whoever it was. Two other great things was when the rain just came down in a gust of wind and soaked everyone forcing joey to try and move to the side of the stage and the ending "goodnight kim" thing was brilliant.

holidaysong Posted - 08/24/2005 : 10:33:50
Planet of Sound was the highlight for me, I wasn't expecting it at all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Éireann go Brách
The Marsist Posted - 08/24/2005 : 10:18:00
no 13 baby was THE best song of the night.the sound was absolutly awful as was my view but thats was my own fault the crowd around me was shit aswell as none of them were singin or dancing and just standing completly still and the sound being so shite i was singing WAY to loud so every one could here me.despite all this the pixies played a blinder with an awesome set list.

and how dare that asshole hit frank with a bottle if i was beside him he would have got more than a bottle (the guy that is not frank)

Art is the child of Nature; yes, her darling child, in whom we trace the features of the mother's face, her aspect and her attitude.
-Beck

therewererumours Posted - 08/24/2005 : 09:51:36
Cheers frank black, Oisin had that down, Iike I said, drunk, tired, not the best state to post.

Join the Cult of
chineselover Posted - 08/24/2005 : 09:49:55
Pixies themsleves were fantastic... but....

Vocal mics could have been turned up alot more - Franks earsplitting screams weren't earsplitting... The sound was def alot better at phoneix park, even though venue, and the fact that they were support act was not the ideal..

Irish people at concerts always piss me off - no awareness that pushing, vommiting and general inconsideration could take away from anothers enjoyment..

But they are just a couple of personal points that i would mention... but overall i am completely positive about it, always something special to see your favourite band live and I enjoyed it throughly.

Oh and one last thing... stand out song for me was Planet of Sound, i thought they did stormin' perfomance for this song, excellent.
therewererumours Posted - 08/24/2005 : 09:46:40
quote:
Originally posted by bazza

what happened to you barra?!! you werent that tanked when we met you. must have been the buckfast you sneaked into the gig. Anyway - gig was great. sound was awful though. am disappointed i paid 60 euros NOT to hear the pixies.

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Ha ha, I think it was a combination of being totally knackered from not getting any sleep the night before, getting up early and running around doing loads of odd jods before I came into town, walking half way across town to get to Landsdown Rd. and jumping up and down like crazy at the concert, all on an empty stomach. Sorry I didn't get to see you after the gig, hows you ear? Just had another three pints with Carl, his Bro and Oisin. Great night alround.

Myself and Oisin got in when the gates opened and thats when they were giving out the pit passes, the pitch wasn't that packed until half way through The Kings of Leon set, then the place became completely black, I didn't think I was going to make it up the front. I thought the sound was pretty good, but I was in the front pit about eight people back from the front though. The only thing about the sound was that I thought Kims vocals were abit low. I thought they put on a great show even with thier surprize drenching. I would have loved to have heard La La Love You and Winterlong (even though its a cover). I loved hearing Is She Weird and No.13 Baby. It was cool that that asshole got booed for throwing the bottle on to the stage. I'll try and put up some pics soon.

Join the Cult of

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000