-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 General Frank Black Chat
 Is this the Offical Tracklist for "Honeycomb?"

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Cazmastic87 Posted - 01/23/2005 : 11:24:24
I just downloaded this album and I wanted to know if it's the actually the tracklist. This is what i got:

1. Sing for Joy
2. My Life Is in Storage
3. I Burn Today
4. My Life Is in Storage (Is it suppose to be on here twice?)
5. Selkie Bride
6. Dark End of the Street
7. Lone Child
8. Another Velvet Nightmare
9. Sunday Sunny Mill Valley Groove Day
10. Go Find Your Saint
11. The Shrimp Song
12. Violet
13. Atom in My Heart
14. Strange Goodbye
15. All Around the World

If this is wrong then please correct me.

Post something on this or email me at M_Co_87@msn.com

Michael Costello
35   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
frank black conspiracy Posted - 03/01/2005 : 14:27:29
do you think an M.I.A thread will bring him back (bloody hell! there i go again with them smileys)

would love to converse a little with him, he seems to be leading a life i can only dream of, but bet he's worked damn hard for it.
from what i've heard about him, he's had some amazing 'never in my lifetime' experiences
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 03/01/2005 : 13:46:37
Eric probably would post more but he's a busy guy. He has his own musical projects, his wife, and his work takes him all over.

Last I heard he was still working on sound for Spielberg's upcoming War of the Worlds remake, but I imagine he's got to be either completely snowed under right now or (and?) about wrapping up.

"Join the Cult of Frank / Seriously."
frank black conspiracy Posted - 03/01/2005 : 13:34:32
i wonder where they're getting their info from?
Frog in the Sand Posted - 03/01/2005 : 12:43:50
quote:
Originally posted by Frog in the Sand

According to this German website, 'Honeycomb' will come out on March 28... Too great to be true?

The same website now mentions May, 9 as the release date!
frank black conspiracy Posted - 02/28/2005 : 09:28:39
me too, bet he has some stories to share. thanks for that anyway

hey Jon, yeah, i enjoy everything about the song, the words, the sounds, the lot. can't wait to hear the finished article

erm..Jon? bit cheeky this, and as just a humble fan you owe me nothing nor a favour, but if you could, like in passing conversation, could you please mention to Frank (charles) the fans liking and my yearning for an FB DVD that spans his career post pixie onwards

sorry, but the least I could do was ask, had to try. doubt i'll be catching up with him some time soon myself

have one of these too for both my cheek and audacity
Broken Face Posted - 02/28/2005 : 05:27:23
eric has explained to me the whole 'manitoba' incident, which was related to him running into stan ridgeway at a performance a few days before recording 'manitoba' and stan inviting he and his girlfriend down to sing. i have no idea how the neil young thing happened. eric is a real cool guy though, and i wish he'd post more.

-Brian

If you move I shoots!

Jontiven Posted - 02/28/2005 : 04:57:41
"All Around the World" is also entitled "Needle In My Arm" and is a traditional song.
Glad you enjoyed my harmonica playing. Thank you.

best,
JT
frank black conspiracy Posted - 02/28/2005 : 02:24:13
I never knew that Brian - both manitoba and Mr Young
that's mighty impressive but probably just another day in the life of an echo

or did he win a competition of some kind?
Broken Face Posted - 02/27/2005 : 20:12:42
there was already a one degree connection - our own "echo park" aka eric potter, who sang on 'manitoba' and once played guitar w/ mr. neil young.

-Brian

If you move I shoots!

kathryn Posted - 02/27/2005 : 19:03:37
One degree of separation from Frank to Neil! Kewel!

I still believe in the excellent joy of the Catholics
frank black conspiracy Posted - 02/27/2005 : 17:57:36
quote:
Originally posted by Jontiven

The bells on "I Burn Today" are Spooner Oldham. My only contributions as a "musician" on HONEYCOMB are the harmonicas, and a little bit of acoustic guitar here and there, as I am doing this from memory I can only remember playing guitar on "Strange Goodbye."

Spooner sure did a good job.

I take it that's you playing the harmonica on 'All Around The World'? Nice.
is this track an FB original?
I know there's a thread here somewhere that lists the songwriters but I can't seem to find it.
Frog in the Sand Posted - 02/23/2005 : 05:33:00
Gosh. Blood'n'guts. Damnation.

Let's hope the b-sides compilation will come out soon.
frank black conspiracy Posted - 02/23/2005 : 05:03:02
i'm on my knees, a little pessimistic, but that's okay

thanks jon
fumanbru Posted - 02/23/2005 : 04:55:14
fuckin lawyers! they shouldn't be paid by the hour. it promotes dogfuckin.(no offence to any lawyers on this forum.)

i just said a prayer.

"I joined the Cult of Frank/ and I got a free t-shirt with this dude on it."
Jontiven Posted - 02/23/2005 : 04:49:05
The latest is it looks more like the end of June as long as the lawyer don't take too much time finessing the fine points of the contract.

That is the OPTIMISTIC view. So start praying now.

best,
JT
frank black conspiracy Posted - 02/15/2005 : 12:38:34
quote:
Originally posted by The Marsist

for any one who downloaded the album is it any good?

I didn't download it but yes it is good, marsist.
I don't know what you like in FBs music, but because you're here at this forum, I believe you'll be a fan when you finally get to hear.
Just a beautiful record, in my opinion.

And like Elevatorlady said too, jump to the HC thread if you want to read what the buzz is about.

Damn! We so close to another Frank Black record I can almost hear it.
The Marsist Posted - 02/15/2005 : 10:50:58
thank you

A day is really two days
ElevatorLady Posted - 02/15/2005 : 10:35:46
I haven't heard it, but I belive there is a thread called "honeycomb - the discussion" or something that might help you.
The Marsist Posted - 02/15/2005 : 10:29:51
for any one who downloaded the album is it any good?

A day is really two days
billgoodman Posted - 02/14/2005 : 23:48:28
wasn't that the same germn website who said 'SMiLE' would be out in January 1967?

"I joined the cult of Jon Tiven/Bye!"
Jontiven Posted - 02/14/2005 : 17:40:22
News to me. I think unlikely.

jt
Frog in the Sand Posted - 02/14/2005 : 11:14:10
According to this German website, 'Honeycomb' will come out on March 28... Too great to be true?

vilainde Posted - 02/14/2005 : 08:46:16
It's my 2nd fave of the 5 that didn't make it to HC... right after Sad Man's Song. I LOVE the beginning of Kiss My Ring, the chord progression on the 1st verse is stellar.

Denis

"I believe in your perfect face..."
billgoodman Posted - 02/14/2005 : 05:58:51
What an honor for Frank,
if another artist chooses his title to title his record
great stuff
personally it's not my favourite song
but I think it could do very well

Jontiven Posted - 02/14/2005 : 04:59:30
Whether "Kiss My Ring" appears on a Frank Black record is yet to be determined. I hope that clarifies.

Charles Wilson is thinking of titling his album KISS MY RING. What do you think?

best,
JT
velvety Posted - 02/13/2005 : 15:10:28
This is probably a stupid question, but my undestanding of Jon's words was that 'Kiss my ring' was recorded by Charles Wilson, but it's still going to appear in the 'marathon' album...?
Daisy Girl Posted - 02/13/2005 : 13:13:03
quote:
Originally posted by TRANSMARINE

I am so excited and can't wait for Honeycomb. I refuse to hear it before it comes out. It'll be the first time since the release of Pistolero that I haven't aquired a pre-release promo or download of a FB work of art. May is so close! My ears are itchin!!!

Catchin' blue in his eyes that were brown

-bRIAN

You know what for the longest time, that's the way I felt. But I am so glad I have a copy... it's amazing and I can't imagine not having Honeycomb. Since there are going to be so many changes, I would get one because it sounds like this one will be different than the realease.

Thanks Jon for all the insider info. May! I can't wait.

It's also good to hear that the songs that don't make it from Honeycomb to the offical release will be released at some point. I am guessing that that's what you meant. Because as you know all those songs on Honeycomb are so amazing, it would be a shame if the world wasn't able to hear them.

Hope I didn't offend you by refering to you as a fan that's recorded with Frank. I didn't know you guys went way back... sorry.

Anyway, thanks again for keeping us in the loop!!!
billgoodman Posted - 02/13/2005 : 05:28:27
again,
thank you Jon the Tiven!

frank black conspiracy Posted - 02/12/2005 : 09:39:47
Nice one Jon, thanks.

I remember this time last year finding out about the Ps and booking a ticket for Brixton June 4th.
That seemed like an ages to wait but before I knew it I was there listening to the might of Bone Machine.

Can't wait.
Frog in the Sand Posted - 02/11/2005 : 23:45:20
quote:
I am in the midst of producing a great rhythm & blues singer named CHARLES WILSON (Little Milton's nephew, for those of you who take note of such things) and we have recorded one of the songs of which I spoke. I won't say which one, but it is a favorite on this board, and the version is killer and features the same musicians as on the HC version so it is incredibly faithful to the original.

Here's a hint and an answer to a previous question: the title does not have anything to do with planting a wet one on someone's posterior.

'Kiss My Ring', I guess?...
TRANSMARINE Posted - 02/11/2005 : 16:20:36
I am so excited and can't wait for Honeycomb. I refuse to hear it before it comes out. It'll be the first time since the release of Pistolero that I haven't aquired a pre-release promo or download of a FB work of art. May is so close! My ears are itchin!!!

Catchin' blue in his eyes that were brown

-bRIAN
n/a Posted - 02/11/2005 : 15:52:36
Thank you very much for this wonderful fresh news, and May is not a long wait!

So this is for when you're feeling happy again
And this is for when you're feeling sad
And this is for when you feel...
Something
Jontiven Posted - 02/11/2005 : 15:31:29
The ink is not dry. In fact, it's not even wet. Busted pen? No, things move more slowly in the record industry than we'd like. But I can report that the company is planning on releasing HONEYCOMB in May.

That's one. Here's the other thing of which I spoke.

I know that some of you have expressed concern that some of the songs from the leaked version of HONEYCOMB may not make the final album. Rest assured that they will not sit on the shelf. Some will be on the second installment. And........

I am in the midst of producing a great rhythm & blues singer named CHARLES WILSON (Little Milton's nephew, for those of you who take note of such things) and we have recorded one of the songs of which I spoke. I won't say which one, but it is a favorite on this board, and the version is killer and features the same musicians as on the HC version so it is incredibly faithful to the original.

Here's a hint and an answer to a previous question: the title does not have anything to do with planting a wet one on someone's posterior.

And if that doesn't make it obvious, you haven't been paying attention!

Your friend,
Jon the Tiven
frank black conspiracy Posted - 02/11/2005 : 04:59:24
quote:

I will have some additional news late next week that is connected to the HONEYCOMB news, not completely on the same page but of interest.

Any news yet, Jon?
Dallas Posted - 02/07/2005 : 10:28:53
This is great access. I appreciate JTivens participation and information.

I am glad I dl'ed honeycomb, but, I cannot wait for the nice, clean, fresh, completed disc.

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000