-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 Here Comes Your Subbacultcha
 little help?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
This_Guy Posted - 05/03/2004 : 02:15:21
never been accused of being the brightest bulb on the tree, but i was wondering if someone could help me out with a couple of pixie-esque definitions.

what are the tears of shasta sheen?
and
what is alusia? as in chien and alusia.
or annalusia? ewsia? you spell it smart guy.

free butter for the first best answer.
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
This_Guy Posted - 05/04/2004 : 00:51:52
i think we have a winner.
i'll take it.
and
you can have half the butter.
speedy_m Posted - 05/04/2004 : 00:47:15
Mount Shasta is apparently where the ancient Lemurians settled after their Atlantis-like world was destroyed, as Shakey said. I would imagine he is seeing the tears of these people "sheen" on the mountain.
This_Guy Posted - 05/04/2004 : 00:23:24
i always got a martin/charlie sheen vibe from the tears bit.
evergreen, california..

i'm keepin the butter.
ShakeyShake Posted - 05/03/2004 : 11:14:08
From what i remember tears of shasta sheen refers to Mount Shasta which is located somewhere or other and supposedly homes the people of Lemuria,twin city of Atlantis.Not sure where the tears bit comes from.Or the sheen.

"I joined the Cult of this guy / 'cause they took my other picture away
brysonmeunier Posted - 05/03/2004 : 10:11:53
quote:
Originally posted by waarismijnhoofd

'Chien' is french for Dog, Andalucia is the south of Spain. So Black Francis is basically singing to us that he's a dog from the south of Spain, wich ofcourse makes perfect sense to me (no-one can bark like he does).

Um... okay. Or it's a homophone for "I am a dog and I lose you (ya)," which would be more consistent with the character of one who debases.

This topic comes up pretty often, so I can't be the first person to bring this up? Makes more sense to me anyway. Not that that's a prerequisite...

Mmm, butter.

Bryson
Founder/Proprietor/Vitiator
- the HEY cafe -
http://www.arnoldjacksontheband.com/pixies.htm
Douglas Posted - 05/03/2004 : 08:02:33
From the Alec Eiffel Homepage:
"'un chien andalou'...It sounds too French, so I will sing 'un chien andalusia', it sounds good, no?"
guy_nolan Posted - 05/03/2004 : 05:39:44
Un chien andalou is on kazza, the guys who made it are prob all dead now, so don't feel too bad about getting it for free

For ten thousand years he slept, his mind feeding on the nightmares of the weak. Now he has awakened. As the night turned crimson, the fire-blade shattered and his power died. Then, the slaughter began...
waarismijnhoofd Posted - 05/03/2004 : 05:07:44
'Chien' is french for Dog, Andalucia is the south of Spain. So Black Francis is basically singing to us that he's a dog from the south of Spain, wich ofcourse makes perfect sense to me (no-one can bark like he does).

The movie Un Chien Andalou shows amongst others pictures of people "slicing up eyeballs (ha ha ha ho)".

Johnny Yen Posted - 05/03/2004 : 03:16:02
You can possibly find a rental vhs tape w/ it on it. I've rented one in my town that has "Un Chien Andalou" paired up with "Land without bread" on it. I made a vcd out of it. It almost doesn't look terrible.
This_Guy Posted - 05/03/2004 : 02:46:22
where might a geek get his hands on a copy of said film?
buffalo burger Posted - 05/03/2004 : 02:40:35
Un chien andalou was a short surreal film in the 1920s by Salvador Dali and another guy who's name escaped me.. the movie has horrific images such as a guy's eye getting sliced open and it was pretty...out there and 'debasing' for it's time.

i didnt ever really get what the "sia" that frank says is all about at the end of "un chien andalou-sia.."

tears of shasta sheen not sure..

bop.

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000