-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 Frank Black -- Live!
 FRANK COMES TO YOUR TOWN

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
frnck blck Posted - 06/14/2006 : 00:54:03
Hey there sacred patrons!

Do you live in a city, town, or hamlet where Frank Black has never played a show? I'd like to hear about that; is there a cool club? A killer bar? A lonely little theatre? Contrary to the usual business, a musician is not ALWAYS looking for the biggest paycheck. We like to go to new places and have new experiences, go down a different road, see where showbiz might take us. By the way, I enjoy this website. While it is not affiliated with me officially, it saves me from having to get all webby and what not, and I really appreciate all of the members' participation. It does me a great service. Thank you.

fb
35   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
fbc Posted - 06/24/2012 : 10:11:31
quote:
Originally posted by pot

Has he/have you ever played Edinburgh other than in the Pixies?

pot live here. pot think um goto Bongo club

Liquid Room or Rooms, pot. Have you been there? Is it still standing?

ed: just noticed you asked this last year ;)
KingOfSiam Posted - 06/22/2012 : 19:38:05
You've been to Indy twice sold out both times, sadly not enough!
pot Posted - 07/19/2011 : 13:40:44
Has he/have you ever played Edinburgh other than in the Pixies?

pot live here. pot think um goto Bongo club
Mac E. Doobage Posted - 07/15/2011 : 15:37:17
Tarrytown Music Hall in Weatchester NY:

http://www.tarrytownmusichall.org/
Skatealex1 Posted - 04/03/2009 : 06:50:10
please pay a few shows in new york!! maybe you can do a show in my house? :)
Skatealex1 Posted - 04/03/2009 : 06:50:05
please pay a few shows in new york!! maybe you can do a show in my house? :)
Daisy Girl Posted - 04/02/2009 : 16:24:06
hi, once you swing by Chi & Madison maybe you can fit the Twin Cities into your tour? I can't afford to do a road trip :(
klikger Posted - 04/01/2009 : 19:53:03
Frank, please come back to Madison, WI with Violet. Your new album is unbelievably good.

Cheers,
k
Ernesto Posted - 11/04/2007 : 10:06:11
in my hometown Middelburg there is a club called "de spot" , it's new so i'm sure you've never played there. and i won't mind going for a drink afterwards if you want hahaha
junkmale Posted - 10/30/2007 : 13:53:35
London is a wierd place for gigs. Shepherds Bush Empire is OK but they really pack you in and it can get a bit uncomfortable. The Bloomsbury Theatre is a great venue, where I saw Wire and Concteau Twins once. I also like the Mean Fiddler, which is the downstairs bit of the Astoria, although it has the most disgusting toilets. Saw John Cale there in April and it was great. Someone said the Hope and Anchor in Islington, which is great, but very small - when my insignificant band played there in the nineties we nearly filled it! All the great punk bands played at the H&A. Trouble is, all the large venues are controlled by one company, so it can be hard for bands to get booked.
Carl Posted - 10/30/2007 : 11:59:39
After buying a aticket and all...tut tut!

"A little bit of this, and a little bit of that....trade secrets!"
floop Posted - 10/29/2007 : 22:12:51
quote:
Originally posted by Carl

Good pics. Why were people walking out?

cuz peole in San Louis Obispo are dipshits?
kathryn Posted - 10/29/2007 : 18:51:27
Thanks for the photos, KOK. Not sure if this was the right thread but, damn, Frank must come to Montreal. Montreal, Frank, Montreal.

Happy hearts fall from my shaking hands

mr.biscuitdoughhead Posted - 10/29/2007 : 13:31:07
quote:
Originally posted by The King Of Karaoke

quote:
Originally posted by mr.biscuitdoughhead

psssssssst! frank! blind pig! ann arbor loves you! well not really, but i do. and i met this girl wearing a pixies sweatshirt but she was kinda ugly.

You're the bees knees but so am I.

Go out with her anyway because she has a lovely soul.

--------------------------

haha, not interested.
and anyway.... never mind.

Carl Posted - 10/29/2007 : 09:28:16
Good pics. Why were people walking out?

The King Of Karaoke Posted - 10/28/2007 : 16:02:59
quote:
Originally posted by mr.biscuitdoughhead

psssssssst! frank! blind pig! ann arbor loves you! well not really, but i do. and i met this girl wearing a pixies sweatshirt but she was kinda ugly.

Go out with her anyway because she has a lovely soul.

mr.biscuitdoughhead Posted - 10/28/2007 : 14:56:47

The King Of Karaoke Posted - 10/28/2007 : 14:50:28
San Luis Obispo 10/14/2007. Many, many people walked out. Frank seemed buzzed and bitter. Bring back the Catholics.

Jettison Posted - 10/11/2007 : 06:14:41
there's a dirty dive in southern rhode island you'd love... good mexican & jamaican food too.

www.oceanmist.net
shineoftheever Posted - 10/10/2007 : 03:56:17
quote:
Originally posted by kathryn

Robert Guertin in I say Gatineau you say Hull? Too big. I thought Bluefinger was smaller, more intimate venues. How big a place did you see him at in Vancouver?

why does this make me think of foghorm leghorn? i say, i say now hold on boy.

The waxworks were an immensely eloquent dissertation on the wonderful ordinariness of mankind.
Czar Posted - 10/09/2007 : 18:53:24
About the same size as the Cabaret in Montreal, even a bit larger. Comparable to the venue we saw him in Oct 2006.

kathryn Posted - 10/09/2007 : 18:38:45
Robert Guertin in I say Gatineau you say Hull? Too big. I thought Bluefinger was smaller, more intimate venues. How big a place did you see him at in Vancouver?

Czar Posted - 10/09/2007 : 18:15:14
Even Ottawa could do the trick, kathryn.

kathryn Posted - 10/09/2007 : 17:38:12
Man, that sounds like fun. Thanks for the post.

Montreal, Frank. Montreal.

yerffej Posted - 10/09/2007 : 17:36:06
I got to see Mr. Francis here last night in Santa Cruz, and no shit there couldn't have been 150 people at the show. You could walk right up to the front of the stage at see the man play in all his glory. Some great asides about Bluefinger and an excellent show. Thanks for signing my stub FB!!!
The King of Siam Posted - 09/27/2007 : 09:15:58
There is a small and totally cool place in Stockholm called DEBASER! It opened a while after your last show here (in 2001).

http://www.debaser.nu/

Its in an old "systembolaget", the swedish monopoly where you buy your beers,wines and other liqours.

Even BOB DYLAN played here in 2007!!! As a warm up before the big show in The Globe arena. The tickets were sold out in a few seconds...

"Turn my f..king headphones up!"
solofloyd Posted - 09/26/2007 : 05:07:26
Please come to Phoenixville, PA on your next East Coast swing. Great little town with a sweet historical theatre that celebrates the 50s sci-fi classic The Blob with a Blobfest every year.

http://www.thecolonialtheatre.com/?page_id=2
Daisy Girl Posted - 09/25/2007 : 17:00:23
Frank, if you are still reading this thread it was a blast to see you in Minny last fall!! Thanks for asking us our opinions. Hope to see you again there sometime in the future.

bluefinger
Hatchetman Posted - 09/25/2007 : 03:47:41
Just came across this thread again. After the recent tours, I think this thread should be called FRANK DOES NOT COME TO YOUR TOWN OR EVEN YOUR COUNTRY ESPECIALLY IF YOUR COUNTRY IS WALES, BUT HE WILL GO TO ENGLAND, SCOTLAND & IRELAND.

Ade

As the air conditioner hummed....
kfs Posted - 09/29/2006 : 11:56:45
That sounds like a great idea!
OldManInaCoffeeCan Posted - 09/29/2006 : 10:58:12
Hey Boss, while you're in Guitar Town come on down to Bobby's. Thursday night, October 5th,
bring your guitar or borrow one when you get here, and sit-in on a writer's night.

Bobby’s writers night (Thursdays 6-10pm)

SON!, you know it’s going to be a good night at Bobby’s when the front parking lot is full of trucks
and the pool table is full of guitars, huh…

the lovely lass with the pretty smile is Allison Clement (Cowboy Jack’s daughter)

While waiting for "Schwarma", I joined the "Cult of System of a Down", Huh...
Philomath Posted - 09/13/2006 : 23:09:56
I recommend New Hope, Pennsylvania. It's a small town on the Delaware river where a lot of artists, hippies, and gay people live/hang out in farm country. There's a place called John & Peter's where WEEN plays a lot (they're from New Hope). Perfect in between NYC & Philly. http://johnandpeters.com

Nearby is Trenton New Jersey, not the best place in the world, but they have recently opened a good venue called "the Conduit". Have you played Trenton before? http://conduitmusic.com

In Philly, the World Cafe Live is a great venue for the full band, but for solo shows I recommend The Painted Bride, the White Dog cafe, the Rotunda, First Unitarian Church, Johnny Brenda's, the Starlight Ballroom. http://www.r5productions.com

from childhood's hour I have not been as others were; I have not seen what others saw; I could not bring my passions from a common spring. From the same source I have not taken my sorrow; I could not awaken my heart to joy from the same tone; And all I loved, I loved alone.
OldManInaCoffeeCan Posted - 09/13/2006 : 20:28:33
Hey Boss, props to you for your most recent successes and thanks for the extensive touring.

Notice of your Salem, Oregon shows at Guitar Castle gave me a great idea for your Nashville
show on Wednesday, October 4th.

Make a phone call (either from yourself, Billy Block, or I’d be happy to) to Mike Grimes
(Grimey), owner of Grimey’s Record Shop and schedule yourself an in-store show for the
afternoon of October 4th.

He’s a big fan of yours. His in-stores always get good attendance. Your Mercy Lounge show
that night gets free publicity (Grimey’s does a good job of advertising their in-stores),
and you’ll sell a lot of tickets to the show and FM/RM cd’s as a result of your in-store.

By the way, I’ve got some more ideas for you. I’ll post them up here soon.

P.S. Our boy, Bobby Bare, Jr. will be doing his Grimey In-store on Tuesday October 3rd at
6:00 p.m., wanted to give you a heads-up if you can make it.
BOBBY BARE JR'S YOUNG CRIMINALS STARVATION LEAGUE (celebrating his new album The Longest
Meow) - Tuesday, October 3rd @ 6PM @ Grimeys, http://grimeys.com/

[left] Patterson Hood, Drive-By-Truckers, and Bobby Bare, Jr.

While waiting for "Schwarma", I joined the "Cult of System of a Down", Huh...
mikaelp75 Posted - 09/12/2006 : 12:54:37
quote:
Originally posted by chickenwithtwoheads

Hey Chuck,

I don't think you've ever been here in my hometown Den Bosch, The Netherlands. Dan Penn and Spooner Oldham performed their only Dutch gig here two weeks ago in a venue (an old cigar factory) called W2

I'd love to welcome you here, performing in Amsterdam is such a cliché...

quote:
Originally posted by frnck blck

We like to go to new places and have new experiences

We? Who exactly are you referring to?

I just thought I'd throw in my ten cents and confirm that Willem II is a great place to play. I've played there three times or so with a punk band in the last ten years and the atmosphere is always nice. The oddly named Den (Hertogen-)Bosch (pronounced Den Boss, like an alpha male lion) is a good alternative music town it seems. Some of the best things about the venue is that the floor is tilted so the patrons in the back get a good look as well, and that they're usually filming the gigs with a couple of cameras and give the artist a copy and save one for themselves to play on 'best of' nights, which is pretty good promotion.

(Of course that shouldn't stop you from also playing the Melkweg or something...)

You've played in my town of Malmö, Sweden (at the KB) quite a lot and you managed to hurt me every single time by coming when I'm on tour myself. Moving to the UK in a few weeks: first stop Ashford, Kent, where there's a nice enough pub whose name I have forgotten, but you'd pack it sardinesque anyway; then London, to which I believe you will return, hopefully when I'm not away. And thanks for checking in on us every now and then.
my_name_is_chip Posted - 09/12/2006 : 10:41:43
Mr Frank Black,
Many of us "South Sound" folks caught your show in Olympia, soley based on the announcement from this website. I was there, first time seeing you live since you played Bogarts in Cincinnati with the Pixies back in 1993. I was priveleged to see you perform in a small venue!

You were a real trooper, banging out a long straight acoustic set with an obvious sore throat. I posted a couple of videos to youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo8YR8UacH4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klen0lf3yL0

Cool to see you playing a bar in a small town - many fans dream of seeing a big name appear in a small setting as you did! Your music permeates my soul, has been a soundtrack in my life. Keep on rockin and making meaningful music!

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000