-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 All Over the World -- Pixies Live!
 The first song in 12 years ... What is it?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
porkbone1 Posted - 02/24/2004 : 18:19:53
The Pixies last played live on April 25th, 1992. When they step on stage in [insert city of current first show of tour here] on April [enter starting date of current "first show" here], they will play their first live song in 12 years.

What will that song be?

35   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
christd1123 Posted - 04/14/2004 : 10:22:58
indeed it was bone machine and kim completely fucked up the opening bass line. i thought that was funny, she just shrugged it off and had a giant smile on her face that lasted the entire show. i thought it was a great show
Cheeseman1000 Posted - 04/14/2004 : 10:16:04
I didn't expect Bone Machine. I thought they'd go for the usual overcome-the-nerves opener, Rock Music.
However, since when did the Pixies do anything the way anyone expected?

"Join The Cult Of Wormy Cheese Man/In Ten Words Or Less"
hibster Posted - 04/14/2004 : 05:48:45
& no new songs.
at all.

this is why events unerve me
zambaretzu Posted - 04/13/2004 : 21:35:16
And the winner is: Bone Machine!
pants Posted - 04/13/2004 : 17:50:41
how bout no. 13, since it's april 13th.
El Barto Posted - 04/13/2004 : 17:43:19
My vote's for Where is My Mind? I think it SHOULD BE Rock Music, but I think it WILL BE Where Is My Mind?

"Join the Cult of Brit / And let your oral hygiene go out the window."
CaptainMaximus Posted - 04/13/2004 : 17:39:30
Debaser is my guess.
kingphilbert Posted - 04/13/2004 : 17:01:43
I say Planet of Sound.
George42 Posted - 04/13/2004 : 16:58:07
gouge away

I'm a humble guy with healthy desire
anazgnos Posted - 04/13/2004 : 15:16:08
Re: Gigantic...

When the Breeders played this with Joey a few weeks back, it seemed pretty off-the-cuff, and while he played great, Joey didn't seem that sure of the arrangement, and a couple times seemed to be looking over to Kim for guidance. The impression that I got at the time was that the Pixies probably have not rehearsed this song for the set. Things could have changed, though...

"Smile Away Horribly Now"
Excuse me please Posted - 04/13/2004 : 15:06:52
Velvety Instrumental is my bet.
Codistan Posted - 04/13/2004 : 14:59:25
caribou or velouria...however I would like to see gigantic first...trompe le monde would be a fat first track as well...anyways my vote for first song is....
GIGANTIC

see y'all down there!

Cody
lafemmeaffole Posted - 04/13/2004 : 14:37:09
so guys, tonight...what's it gonna be?! my bet's on debaser.
FranknWeezer Posted - 04/09/2004 : 08:18:37
I can't believe nobody's said Monkey Gone to Heaven.
I can hear it now...the first five beats with the lights off, and then they blast on with every instrument raging at once.
It's been a while, but I'm back with my bells on,
-FranknWeezer
Strothman Posted - 04/09/2004 : 07:25:41
It would just be funny to start with Broken Face... they probably won't plau Navajo at all, but that would make me happy :)
yourfavoritenid Posted - 04/07/2004 : 22:27:00
Every time I imagine it, I picture them opening their first show with "Debaser". The first few notes of that song are so stirring, and it was the opener on the record that has made them legendary.
NimrodsSon Posted - 04/07/2004 : 21:18:09
My money's on Bone Machine

ˇViva los Católicos!
Sir Rockabye Posted - 04/07/2004 : 20:56:34
I think the ultimate song would have to be Manta Ray.

Frank Black is not psychic when he takes one look at a human.
Frank Black is god.
Frank Black is one of the saints of rock and roll.
klikger Posted - 04/07/2004 : 14:59:07
I think Debaser.
porkbone1 Posted - 04/07/2004 : 14:27:39
Rock Music - 12
Debaser - 9
Bone Machine - 6
Alison - 5

Tame – 4
U-Mass - 4
Caribou - 3
Cecilia Ann - 3
Gigantic – 2
Velouria/Alison - 2
Where is my Mind – 2
Amazed - 1
Bailey’s Walk - 1
Broken Face – 1
Cactus – 1
Crackity Jones - 1
Gouge Away – 1
Ed Is Dead - 1
Hey - 1
I Believe In A Thing Called Love - 1
Into the White - 1
Manitoba - 1
Planet of Sound –1
Smoky duet with Diana Ross - 1
Something Against You - 1
The Sad Punk - 1
Trompe le Monde - 1
Up Where We Belong - 1
Where Have all the Good Times Gone - 1

Disqualified due to little-known no-BOSTON-songs rule:
More Than A Feeling - 12

Less than a week away now from the moment we have all been waiting for. Will it be Rock Music? A song from Bossanova? Or will it be Bone Machine -- the first track from their upcoming greatest hits album? Or will it actually be a smoky duet with Diana Ross???

The joke has come upon me
Daisy Posted - 03/17/2004 : 17:20:05
I think good old predictable bone machine would be nice to open with. Although Cactus would be cool. I nearly cried when Frank Black and the Catholics opened with Cactus... I think it should be something quite fast...... ROCK MUSIC ROCK MUSIC WOULD BE GOOD. I'm actually having a whole conversation with myself, aren't I?
prozacrat Posted - 03/16/2004 : 19:06:06
What if their first song is a new Pixies song that nobody's heard? I think that sounds like something they would throw at the crowd. Keep us from instantly cheering. Everybody would have to think for a second and say "I don't know this song." Then we would all think "is this a cover song that I don't know?" "Is this one of the songs they recorded for Trompe Le Monde that was never released?" "Is this a newly written song?" All these thoughts running through everybody's heads and the Pixies are on stage just milking it for all it's worth. Then Frank may say something like he did at Brixton, like "and now continuing on with the songs you don't know." Then burst into Debaser. I think that could top their alphabetical set list.

"And her head has no room."
porkbone1 Posted - 03/15/2004 : 18:31:31
Okay so I updated the first post of this thread to reflect the ever-changing first show of the tour. Well, it's not ever-changing yet, but I expect it to be. I wonder, will the Minneapolis show (and possible other secret shows--yes, including the one they are playing in my garage on the 12th) have a different vibe from the warm-up tour shows?

When I envision these shows in my head, a "secret" show in Boston or the Fine Line show in Minneapolis has a totally different feel from the official kick-off date in Winnipeg... It will be interesting to see the set lists from these shows as they happen... hopefully someone has the patience to write this stuff down because I probably won't!

The joke has come upon me
Qris Posted - 03/12/2004 : 21:20:43
I vote Gigantic. It is the most kimmie song but very pixies. Bridges their two lives nicely
It will definately be one with both of them vocal. And I bet the song line up will be heavy on their more duet-y pieces. And I am all for it!
What do I win?

www.qris.net
audiodr Posted - 03/12/2004 : 18:00:37
It's been said already - but I think Alison would be a perfect choice for a first song.. a short, sweet and gripping song
porkbone1 Posted - 03/10/2004 : 18:07:48
I wonder if Frank will address the crowd at all. My guess is they will come out playing, get 3/4 of the way through the set list, then he might say something like "Hello! It's good to be back" then play the rest of the show...
ana Posted - 03/10/2004 : 02:46:54
something very wonderful..? ed is dead? waasasasasa knäckebröd

nei
RustyPiss Posted - 03/08/2004 : 11:29:07
It'll be Gouge Away as Franky has opened loads of his solo and Catholic shows with it. Could it be his must performed Pixies song. Seen him 5 times and he's played all five!

U-mass is also very likely

Personal choice, um The Sad Punk that'll get the crowd going!

My Name Is Chip...
Homers_pet_monkey Posted - 03/06/2004 : 07:34:13
Damn it!!!

Show me the contract!!!

Hansel and Gretel have formed a band, .....And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Breadcrumbs!!!
porkbone1 Posted - 03/05/2004 : 17:39:07
Oh, I'm sorry there is a no BOSTON songs clause in the fine print somewhere. Sorry!
The Calistanian Posted - 03/05/2004 : 12:56:46
[quote]Originally posted by shineoftheever

i'm liking the idea of starting with the lights out too...
[quote]

Yeah, lights out would be great...but too much legal/safety red tape to make it totally dark. Although, it is Canada...

I'm a fsh with no i's.
Homers_pet_monkey Posted - 03/05/2004 : 12:49:09
OK then I'd like to vote for 'More Than A Feeling' 12 times. Thus sending it to the top!!!

Hansel and Gretel have formed a band, .....And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Breadcrumbs!!!
porkbone1 Posted - 03/04/2004 : 18:45:59
Here is the tally so far:

Alison - 4
Amazed - 1
Bailey’s Walk - 1
Bone Machine - 5
Broken Face - 1
Caribou - 3
Cecilia Ann - 3
Crackity Jones - 1
Debaser - 9
Gigantic - 1
Hey - 1
I Believe In A Thing Called Love - 1
Into the White - 1
Manitoba - 1
Planet of Sound –1
Rock Music - 11
smoky duet with Diana Ross - 1
Something Against You - 1
Tame - 4
Trompe le Monde - 1
U-Mass - 3
Up Where We Belong - 1
Velouria/Alison - 2
Where Have all the Good Times Gone - 1
Where is my Mind - 2
bwolmarans Posted - 03/01/2004 : 17:39:58
quote:
Originally posted by porkbone1

Well Frank hasn't screamed as much in the last 12 years... I might be surprised if he opened with Tame or Rock Music. I would also be surprised if it was "that song from Fight Club"

It will be interesting to see what they do, because they have changed from who they were in 1992. Bone Machine might be a good bet though.

I don't know about that not screaming part. I saw him in Santa Cruz and in SJ last year and he did "Rock n Roll" like you couldn't believe.
bwolmarans Posted - 03/01/2004 : 17:27:16
Tame

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000