-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 All Over the World -- Pixies Live!
 Boise

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
roomloo Posted - 02/17/2004 : 12:17:53
Since this one doesn't have its own thread, let's put all posts for it here.

As far as I can tell nobody has admitted to knowing the on-sale date for this show ... but please, if anyone knows anything please let us hear it! ticketmaster.* apparently doesn't plan to be any help until right up before the sale date.

The 20th seems like a good guess, since that's when Spokane goes on sale (although I have also heard the 27th), and both shows are at Big Easy venues...
35   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Erebus Posted - 04/16/2004 : 12:57:43
quote:
Originally posted by Erebus

Hey Boise folks, I just learned that Kristin Hersh's new band, "50 Foot Wave", is playing the Neurolux Lounge in Boise on Saturday, April 24, the night before our Pixies show. Just bought a ticket via TicketWeb, $9 including fees. That should make for a great weekend. The new 50 Foot Wave EP is good, which is to say typical Hersh.

Not sure how many Boise folks are still reading this, but I just learned that 50 Foot Wave is doing an in-store at Record Exchange, 4 pm, Sat, Apr 24.
Erebus Posted - 03/30/2004 : 11:02:42
Hey Boise folks, I just learned that Kristin Hersh's new band, "50 Foot Wave", is playing the Neurolux Lounge in Boise on Saturday, April 24, the night before our Pixies show. Just bought a ticket via TicketWeb, $9 including fees. That should make for a great weekend. The new 50 Foot Wave EP is good, which is to say typical Hersh.
fonicsmunkee Posted - 03/16/2004 : 15:33:45
Anybody know if this Big Easy has the same setup with a restaurant as the one in Spokane, where they let you into the venue before the rest of the general public if you eat there?
gandharva5885 Posted - 03/06/2004 : 16:01:56
For anyone who has ever been to the venue:

How strict is the no-camera policy? I know that at most of the venues I frequent, they state that they don't allow cameras but don't check bags or strictly enforce it, especially if you don't use the flash.

I plan to get my camera in, anyway, I just want to know if I'll have to go to great lengths to hide it...

-Katherine
johndietzel Posted - 03/05/2004 : 16:10:06
Update: Yes I did. Thanks thanks thanks to roomloo!
quote:
Originally posted by johndietzel

I just didn't get my Boise tickets in the mail. Yay!

----------------------
"But, wait--there's more! If you act now, you can also mosey Monday morning into your cozy T1-powered cubicle, whose Athlon 2200+ based nervous system represents yet another distinct and grassy knoll for snipers like you. Oh yeah, and your wife reclines behind her very own version of a Herkimer Battle Jitney, from which she employs the electromagnet's 'next inevitable phase' of a non-lethal weapon, and enthusiastically, and with supreme loyalty, psychofraculatingly hollers 'fire in the hole!'"

----------------------
"But, wait--there's more! If you act now, you can also mosey Monday morning into your cozy T1-powered cubicle, whose Athlon 2200+ based nervous system represents yet another distinct and grassy knoll for snipers like you. Oh yeah, and your wife reclines behind her very own version of a Herkimer Battle Jitney, from which she employs the electromagnet's 'next inevitable phase' of a non-lethal weapon, and enthusiastically, and with supreme loyalty, psychofraculatingly hollers 'fire in the hole!'"
Erebus Posted - 02/29/2004 : 18:01:33
Gone mine Saturday. Truly a strange beast, a fresh Pixies ticket! Sitting on my desk where I look at it every five minutes.
johndietzel Posted - 02/27/2004 : 23:19:59
I just didn't get my Boise tickets in the mail. Yay!

----------------------
astrocat Posted - 02/27/2004 : 15:57:06
I got mine too!! Well, half of them, only the ones my husband actually bought. Wondering where mine are. Tomorrow I hope.
formeremployee Posted - 02/25/2004 : 18:48:43
just got my boise tix in the mail. yay!!
yarbles Posted - 02/24/2004 : 17:08:52
Small, only 1,000 people. It'll be rad to hear the Pixies blow the roof off such a small venue, everyone there will be very close to the band.
varnish Posted - 02/24/2004 : 16:45:06
how big a venue (i.e. capacity)
is the boise venue?

thanks!
m.
roomloo Posted - 02/24/2004 : 14:49:59
In case anyone out there is looking for a Boise ticket, I have one available in exchange for Spokane or the 4/23 Vancouver show. Let me know.
mnsteelers Posted - 02/21/2004 : 10:51:07
Don't mean to be an anal retentive jackass but the period at the end of my e-mail address mnsteelers@comcast.net was for punctuation. When I went back and looked at it, the period was included in the link. I wouldn't want someone to not be able to get in touch with me.

Again, need two boise tickets and will pay double face value. I would also like to trade a spokane for a boise. So, that's 3 boise tickets that I'm in desperate need of. Thanks man.
mnsteelers Posted - 02/21/2004 : 10:39:38
Hey guys. I have an extra ticket for Spokane that I'd like to trade for a Boise ticket. I would also like to pick up two more tickets for the Boise show (for friends). I'm willing to pay double the face value. Anyone up for helping out a fellow pixies freak? If so, shoot me an e-mail at mnsteelers@comcast.net. thanks.
echo park Posted - 02/20/2004 : 19:47:53
she was always my favorite... enough of this family feud. I will buy you and middle brother a round at the Big Easy... any brother who turns another on to Pixies/FB&C's deserves the best.
yarbles Posted - 02/20/2004 : 19:33:04
you might be the older brother, but he's the one that would stand up for me when older brother picked on me....
sorry again older bro... and what do you mean you still "like" sister?
echo park Posted - 02/20/2004 : 18:25:24
quote:
Originally posted by yarbles

Okay everyone, the two tickets I got from ticketweb are going to my brother, the person who introduced me to the Pixies in the first place. Sorry echo park, and any others looking, but he couldn't get any this morning, and I really owe it to him.

s'cool... but... aren't we all Brothers... and I'm probably older than that other brother. I probably wouldn't beat you or him up too badly, that is unless Dad wasn't around. Oh well, it's only fair, after all I guess I blew both of you off at Christmas... this is what I get... FINE! Tell Sis I still like *her*.

Still Hoping For Two Tickys Someday...
johndietzel Posted - 02/20/2004 : 12:11:06
quote:
Originally posted by Kirk

I'm thinking about seeing the Pixies in Boise, from here in Utah... but what's the venue like? Is it big? I'm already seeing Damien Rice the same month, and trying to decide if forking out more money for the Pixies would be worth it.

...though he loved to rock and roll...

Here's my open request for any extras anyone may have happened to grab for Boise. No sob stories or anything. Hope for face value but more than happy to pay something "for your trouble".

email: johndietzel@yahoo . . . etc

Kirk--I'm in Provo. If you've gotten tickets or plan to go, perhaps we could consider splitting up a bit of gas money between us? I still ain't got no tickets.

----------------------
Ok, I hope I don't screw this one up: "Jeffrey Jones, Roman Polanski, Pete Townshend, and James Randi walk into a kindergarten . . ."
yarbles Posted - 02/20/2004 : 11:25:11
Okay everyone, the two tickets I got from ticketweb are going to my brother, the person who introduced me to the Pixies in the first place. Sorry echo park, and any others looking, but he couldn't get any this morning, and I really owe it to him.
jseraf Posted - 02/20/2004 : 11:08:47
got my tickets this morning. flying in from chicago, staying with friends, seeing the pixies...does it get any better?
echo park Posted - 02/20/2004 : 10:30:32
quote:
Originally posted by yarbles

yep...I just got two more online, I refreshed it alot, but it worked. So if anyone here has any trouble getting some, I have a couple extra.

Yarbles!!! I would be so happy to have those 2 tickys! I just ran in from working outside to find I missed the boat.

Please email me at <echoparkguitar@yahoo.com>

Such excitement... I gotta go back to bed.

-eric
roomloo Posted - 02/20/2004 : 10:15:42
I e-mailed that eBay scumbag using the "Ask seller a question" form -- except my "question" was "scalpers are the scum of this earth." Her response (it was a she):

"And your question is????"

Funny thing is, her e-mail contained her complete street address, which I will not divulge :)
johnny_4_president Posted - 02/20/2004 : 09:52:51
i got my 2, with a confirmation number and everything. knock on wood until they show up in the mail. especially because i had to borrow my boss' credit card to order them. so if i do get screwed, not only do i not go to the show, but i've also shat where i ate.

-> Disponibile <-
roomloo Posted - 02/20/2004 : 09:42:30
Okay, ticketweb finally acknowledges they're sold out ... but still, that seemed to take way too long. I'm probably just being paranoid.
Erebus Posted - 02/20/2004 : 09:42:25
quote:
Originally posted by roomloo

Uh oh, remember the Ticketweb debacle with UK tickets ... hopefully it really wasn't TOO easy.

gotta remember, this is 'merica, not limeyland ;) (sorry, it's just that I'm "stoked" to have a ticket, which, yes, I do believe I did indeed get.)
roomloo Posted - 02/20/2004 : 09:35:04
Uh oh, remember the Ticketweb debacle with UK tickets ... hopefully it really wasn't TOO easy.
formeremployee Posted - 02/20/2004 : 09:33:59
yeah, I'm considering buying more for others that are at work or sleeping. But it's almost TOO easy. I went to a frank black show in downtown boise on a monday night and it was absolutely packed (he never showed though), so it seems odd that pixies tix would still be avail.
kromkamp Posted - 02/20/2004 : 09:33:34
Boise sucks :)

(ducking and running...)
roomloo Posted - 02/20/2004 : 09:30:16
As far as I can tell they're still available as of 10:18. Considering only 700 were left at the start, and Calgary sold out in less than 10 minutes, that sounds pretty odd.
yarbles Posted - 02/20/2004 : 09:18:43
yep...I just got two more online, I refreshed it alot, but it worked. So if anyone here has any trouble getting some, I have a couple extra.
Nicknowhere Posted - 02/20/2004 : 09:18:29
Same here, just got mine from ticketweb, thanks to everyone who's been putting up the information here - nice
Erebus Posted - 02/20/2004 : 09:15:13
Success. Just got a ticket at Ticket Web. Worked smoothly. Get 'em while they're hot.
roomloo Posted - 02/20/2004 : 09:11:33
Yeah ... that eBay person saying they were sold out is a complete tool.
formeremployee Posted - 02/20/2004 : 09:10:06
It's up folks. I just bought mine. Go for it!
yarbles Posted - 02/20/2004 : 08:24:21
sorry guys, after gas money and short notice, I only had enough cash on me to get 4, which is the number I need. Hopefully ticketweb goes well for you all, sorry about the scalper frenzy!!!

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000