Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2004 :  12:17:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since this one doesn't have its own thread, let's put all posts for it here.

As far as I can tell nobody has admitted to knowing the on-sale date for this show ... but please, if anyone knows anything please let us hear it! ticketmaster.* apparently doesn't plan to be any help until right up before the sale date.

The 20th seems like a good guess, since that's when Spokane goes on sale (although I have also heard the 27th), and both shows are at Big Easy venues...

Erebus
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1834 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2004 :  12:38:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I too am interested in the Boise show, and the two dates you mention are the only suspects I've got. So, yes, I'll let you know as soon as I learn anything. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

yarbles
= Cult of Ray =

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2004 :  16:37:21  Show Profile  Visit yarbles's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've tried calling the venue, all I get is a machine. Their venue sells tickets through www.ticketweb.com , but they haven't posted anything about the Pixies yet. The phone recording did say that music stores in Boise will have tickets on sale, so I'm going to call some of them and see if they know anything.
Go to Top of Page

yarbles
= Cult of Ray =

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2004 :  16:39:51  Show Profile  Visit yarbles's Homepage  Reply with Quote
okay, I just heard from a friend that The Record Exchange in Boise will be selling tickets TOMORROW, THURSDAY 19th at 10:00 AM. I don't know how many will be on hand, or how many people will line up, but I am very strongly considering ditching school/work/sleep to drive the 6 hours there to get a bunch myself. IF ANYONE HERE WILL BE THERE, LET US KNOW!!
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2004 :  06:47:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kind of interesting that ticketweb has had the Spokane show listed for a couple days but not Boise, even though both are Big Easy venues. Anyway, with Boise going on sale tomorrow I'm starting to get a little nervous.

Edit -- I was confusing ticketswest with ticketweb. I guess ticketswest does Spokane while ticketweb does Boise. Still no listing for tomorrow's sale, though.

Edited by - roomloo on 02/19/2004 06:50:32
Go to Top of Page

Kirk
= Cult of Ray =

USA
633 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2004 :  09:24:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm thinking about seeing the Pixies in Boise, from here in Utah... but what's the venue like? Is it big? I'm already seeing Damien Rice the same month, and trying to decide if forking out more money for the Pixies would be worth it.

...though he loved to rock and roll...
Go to Top of Page

Erebus
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1834 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2004 :  11:00:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's how they describe it at their site:

Big Easy Boise
416 S. 9th Street
Boise, ID 83702

Phone: (208) 367-1212
http://www.bigeasyconcerts.com

Email: info@bigeasyconcerts.com
Capacity: 1,000
World-class performers and state of the art sound and lighting make this 1,000-capacity concert venue come alive almost every night of the week. When it's not buzzing with great concerts from touring national acts, The Big Easy also features dance club nights and other special events that keep the crowds rocking into the wee hours. And you can always see what's happening on stage or on the dance floor thanks to a sophisticated live-action video system, including a giant monitor next to the stage and video screens throughout the venue.
Go to Top of Page

yarbles
= Cult of Ray =

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2004 :  17:47:13  Show Profile  Visit yarbles's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I got my tickets!!! Now I can sleep easy ( even more so, since I got up at 3:00 AM to drive to Boise). The Record Exchange started selling tickets today (19th) at 10 AM. By noon the lady said they'd already sold 300. They should be onsale tomorrow at 10 AM (Mountain Standard Time) on ticketweb.com (yet there is still nothing listed on their site...) I know that there were only 1,000 tickets, and the Record Exchange had access to sell as many today as they could, so if things continued as they were this morning, there could be precious few left. This may not sell out in four minutes, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's sold out by tomorrow afternoon.
Go to Top of Page

formeremployee
- FB Fan -

USA
49 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  01:14:45  Show Profile  Visit formeremployee's Homepage  Reply with Quote
the ticketweb listing is finally up. good luck to everyone tomorrow!

http://www.ticketweb.com/user/?region=xxx&query=search&search=pixies

-bill
Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3426 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  04:26:05  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
good work yarbles....
now thats what i call dedication.

it'll be an awesome gig with capacity of 1000...

and yes, if they're selling them from the shop, there might not be any available tommorrow...

"I joined the Cult of Frank / I think that man deserves a DB!"
Go to Top of Page

johnny_4_president
- FB Fan -

USA
55 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  07:13:06  Show Profile  Visit johnny_4_president's Homepage  Reply with Quote
it's 10:06 EST, i just checked ebay, and there are already boise tickets on sale, the bidding's up to $100 for two, or Buy It Now for $200. the ad says all the dates are sold out. yarbles, did you get any extra? dibs?

-> Disponibile <-
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  07:16:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Damn you Yarbles for not being able to use your scalper-sense to pick out that guy at the store yesterday and break his legs.
Go to Top of Page

benji
> Teenager of the Year <

New Zealand
3426 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  07:21:14  Show Profile  Visit benji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
damn, i was hoping that the ebay madness would not take over the US dates as well seeing as they're not as popular there....

but i spose the fact that they haven't released any additional US dates means that prices could just get silly.

man i hate touts!

"I joined the Cult of Frank / I think that man deserves a DB!"
Go to Top of Page

yarbles
= Cult of Ray =

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  08:24:21  Show Profile  Visit yarbles's Homepage  Reply with Quote
sorry guys, after gas money and short notice, I only had enough cash on me to get 4, which is the number I need. Hopefully ticketweb goes well for you all, sorry about the scalper frenzy!!!
Go to Top of Page

formeremployee
- FB Fan -

USA
49 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  09:10:06  Show Profile  Visit formeremployee's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's up folks. I just bought mine. Go for it!
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  09:11:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah ... that eBay person saying they were sold out is a complete tool.
Go to Top of Page

Erebus
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1834 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  09:15:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Success. Just got a ticket at Ticket Web. Worked smoothly. Get 'em while they're hot.
Go to Top of Page

Nicknowhere
- FB Fan -

8 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  09:18:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Same here, just got mine from ticketweb, thanks to everyone who's been putting up the information here - nice
Go to Top of Page

yarbles
= Cult of Ray =

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  09:18:43  Show Profile  Visit yarbles's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yep...I just got two more online, I refreshed it alot, but it worked. So if anyone here has any trouble getting some, I have a couple extra.
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  09:30:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As far as I can tell they're still available as of 10:18. Considering only 700 were left at the start, and Calgary sold out in less than 10 minutes, that sounds pretty odd.
Go to Top of Page

kromkamp
= Cult of Ray =

291 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  09:33:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Boise sucks :)

(ducking and running...)
Go to Top of Page

formeremployee
- FB Fan -

USA
49 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  09:33:59  Show Profile  Visit formeremployee's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yeah, I'm considering buying more for others that are at work or sleeping. But it's almost TOO easy. I went to a frank black show in downtown boise on a monday night and it was absolutely packed (he never showed though), so it seems odd that pixies tix would still be avail.
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  09:35:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Uh oh, remember the Ticketweb debacle with UK tickets ... hopefully it really wasn't TOO easy.
Go to Top of Page

Erebus
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1834 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  09:42:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by roomloo

Uh oh, remember the Ticketweb debacle with UK tickets ... hopefully it really wasn't TOO easy.

gotta remember, this is 'merica, not limeyland ;) (sorry, it's just that I'm "stoked" to have a ticket, which, yes, I do believe I did indeed get.)
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  09:42:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay, ticketweb finally acknowledges they're sold out ... but still, that seemed to take way too long. I'm probably just being paranoid.
Go to Top of Page

johnny_4_president
- FB Fan -

USA
55 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  09:52:51  Show Profile  Visit johnny_4_president's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i got my 2, with a confirmation number and everything. knock on wood until they show up in the mail. especially because i had to borrow my boss' credit card to order them. so if i do get screwed, not only do i not go to the show, but i've also shat where i ate.

-> Disponibile <-
Go to Top of Page

roomloo
= Cult of Ray =

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  10:15:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I e-mailed that eBay scumbag using the "Ask seller a question" form -- except my "question" was "scalpers are the scum of this earth." Her response (it was a she):

"And your question is????"

Funny thing is, her e-mail contained her complete street address, which I will not divulge :)
Go to Top of Page

echo park
- FB Fan -

Saint Barthelemy
128 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  10:30:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by yarbles

yep...I just got two more online, I refreshed it alot, but it worked. So if anyone here has any trouble getting some, I have a couple extra.

Yarbles!!! I would be so happy to have those 2 tickys! I just ran in from working outside to find I missed the boat.

Please email me at <echoparkguitar@yahoo.com>

Such excitement... I gotta go back to bed.

-eric
Go to Top of Page

jseraf
- FB Fan -

3 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  11:08:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
got my tickets this morning. flying in from chicago, staying with friends, seeing the pixies...does it get any better?
Go to Top of Page

yarbles
= Cult of Ray =

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  11:25:11  Show Profile  Visit yarbles's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Okay everyone, the two tickets I got from ticketweb are going to my brother, the person who introduced me to the Pixies in the first place. Sorry echo park, and any others looking, but he couldn't get any this morning, and I really owe it to him.
Go to Top of Page

johndietzel
= Cult of Ray =

Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
464 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  12:11:06  Show Profile  Visit johndietzel's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kirk

I'm thinking about seeing the Pixies in Boise, from here in Utah... but what's the venue like? Is it big? I'm already seeing Damien Rice the same month, and trying to decide if forking out more money for the Pixies would be worth it.

...though he loved to rock and roll...

Here's my open request for any extras anyone may have happened to grab for Boise. No sob stories or anything. Hope for face value but more than happy to pay something "for your trouble".

email: johndietzel@yahoo . . . etc

Kirk--I'm in Provo. If you've gotten tickets or plan to go, perhaps we could consider splitting up a bit of gas money between us? I still ain't got no tickets.

----------------------
Ok, I hope I don't screw this one up: "Jeffrey Jones, Roman Polanski, Pete Townshend, and James Randi walk into a kindergarten . . ."
Go to Top of Page

echo park
- FB Fan -

Saint Barthelemy
128 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  18:25:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by yarbles

Okay everyone, the two tickets I got from ticketweb are going to my brother, the person who introduced me to the Pixies in the first place. Sorry echo park, and any others looking, but he couldn't get any this morning, and I really owe it to him.

s'cool... but... aren't we all Brothers... and I'm probably older than that other brother. I probably wouldn't beat you or him up too badly, that is unless Dad wasn't around. Oh well, it's only fair, after all I guess I blew both of you off at Christmas... this is what I get... FINE! Tell Sis I still like *her*.

Still Hoping For Two Tickys Someday...
Go to Top of Page

yarbles
= Cult of Ray =

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  19:33:04  Show Profile  Visit yarbles's Homepage  Reply with Quote
you might be the older brother, but he's the one that would stand up for me when older brother picked on me....
sorry again older bro... and what do you mean you still "like" sister?
Go to Top of Page

echo park
- FB Fan -

Saint Barthelemy
128 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  19:47:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
she was always my favorite... enough of this family feud. I will buy you and middle brother a round at the Big Easy... any brother who turns another on to Pixies/FB&C's deserves the best.
Go to Top of Page

mnsteelers
- FB Fan -

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  10:39:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey guys. I have an extra ticket for Spokane that I'd like to trade for a Boise ticket. I would also like to pick up two more tickets for the Boise show (for friends). I'm willing to pay double the face value. Anyone up for helping out a fellow pixies freak? If so, shoot me an e-mail at mnsteelers@comcast.net. thanks.
Go to Top of Page

mnsteelers
- FB Fan -

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  10:51:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't mean to be an anal retentive jackass but the period at the end of my e-mail address mnsteelers@comcast.net was for punctuation. When I went back and looked at it, the period was included in the link. I wouldn't want someone to not be able to get in touch with me.

Again, need two boise tickets and will pay double face value. I would also like to trade a spokane for a boise. So, that's 3 boise tickets that I'm in desperate need of. Thanks man.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000