-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 All Over the World -- Pixies Live!
 Vancouver Shows: April 22/23

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kottke Posted - 02/12/2004 : 11:37:15
I must get one ticket to both of these shows. I must. I am a fanatic. I will be flying there from San Diego solely to see them, and not getting a ticket to both shows is not an option for me.

The instant Vancouver tickets go on sale, everyone who wants to go: BUY, BUY, BUY! I will do the same. Then we can contact each other and see who still needs tickets. I have zero concern about our ability to face value resell them the night of the show if we do not eat them up first.

Who's with me?!

"jugando en la playa"
35   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
roomloo Posted - 04/22/2004 : 11:28:48
Hey I take off for Vancouver tonight, so if any of you come up with specific plans for Friday night and/or decide on something other than the Cambie, feel free to give me a call on my cell.

(612) 327-2260
Dave Noisy Posted - 04/22/2004 : 01:25:18
Thanks Mike..sorry i'm gonna miss this. =(

Pat - negative on the ticket(s).

Join the Cult of the Flying Pigxies - I'm A Believer!
PixiePat Posted - 04/21/2004 : 20:56:54
Not to be too tacky here Dave Noisy but if you do NOT go to the Vancouver show (I sincerely hope you'll be there - happy and healthy) do you have plans for your ticket? I have cash and an autographed Surfer Rosa cassette that I'm ready to part with - I just need a ticket (for either night). Enjoy the show.
Patrick
pwadge(AT)shaw(DOT)ca
fumanbru Posted - 04/21/2004 : 19:13:52
i'll probably be at the cambie before the show assuming my flight comes in on time. my picture is in my profile so feel free to stop and say hi.

dave- sorry to hear. tough break on the hernia. enjoy the victoria show.

"I joined the Cult of Frank/ and I got a free t-shirt with this dude on it."
Dave Noisy Posted - 04/20/2004 : 23:00:29
The faeries can't keep up with the pixies..hehehe

I'm not 100% on going to Van now...can't connect with the guy i was gonna crash with, and my hernia (like you all wanna know) hasn't been doing well, and is aggrivated by standing and walking....i'll see how i feel after the show tomorrow..blah.

Picapiedra Posted - 04/20/2004 : 21:23:17
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Noisy

I'm pretty sure the ferries stop before the Pixies...

Lol! That sounds like something that I would've said. Sheesh... Do I really want to meet any of these people. ;-)
-roger.

"Drug run'n on this Panamanian schooner."
jvince Posted - 04/20/2004 : 16:08:21
Thanks for the info Dwarf. Sounds like the Cambie is the safe bet. Count me in. Mind you, I'll be too drunk to really care where I'm drinking.
shineoftheever Posted - 04/20/2004 : 15:08:44
I'm going to go there (The Cambie) after work and try to trade 2 Saskatoon tickets for 1 Vancouver ticket. ;). Or I'll be asking if anyone has an extra for Thursday, I won't have a lot of money but will buy someone a copy of disclive or a hoodie as well as beer and face value! If I strike out I'll be getting loaded on $2.50 pints of Canadian! See you all there!

My doctor told me if I wanted to lose weight I should stop buttering my Oreo's!
One_Angry_Dwarf Posted - 04/19/2004 : 15:52:03
Really, the Commodore has no bad views. It's a nice open room. If you want to get close to the stage I'd be there for around 6:30 or so. The same goes if you want a coveted spot on the balcony. It's not far back from the stage and the view is fantastic. I love that room.

So far as places to drink/play pool the Cambie is your best bet. It's the closest to the Commodore. Although, for another 10 minutes walking or so you can hit the Lamplighter on Water Street which is a little less crowded and somedays has free pool. I'll probably rock the Cambie though. There will be some excited Pixiesphiles there and they ALWAYS play Pixies in the pub.
jvince Posted - 04/19/2004 : 14:42:06
I'm going Thursday night and I'm from out of town. Do any locals know of a good place to drink and play pool before and after the show? Judging from this thread, the Cambie looks like the best. Any other suggestions though? Also, How long will I have to line up to get a reasonably good position for the show?
Dave Noisy Posted - 04/19/2004 : 10:57:19
I'm pretty sure the ferries stop before the Pixies...

One_Angry_Dwarf Posted - 04/19/2004 : 10:50:30
so am I right to assume that the Cambie is the place to meet? Also, I just got a ticket to the Victoria show and may need a ride back from Vic to Vancouver. I'm not sure how late the ferry runs... I've got my doubts that it's late enough for me to get back.
beergeek Posted - 04/18/2004 : 22:04:56
So what's the plan -- anyone interested in meeting up either night?

Picapiedra Posted - 04/15/2004 : 20:36:02
Pixie Pat,
sorry, the Vancouver tickets are well spoken for. But I do have 4 tickets to the Edmonton show this Sunday that I'm trying to unload since I can't make it to the show. They guy I've been talking to is just too slow and the date is getting too close. You can email me and try your luck if you get me before I close the deal.
I don't have any other suggestions except go to the venue anyway and hope for a miarcle.
It happens sometimes.
-roger.

Picapiedra Posted - 04/15/2004 : 20:26:49
Dwarf,
I'm with ya. I won't be leaving that place or shutting hoarse screaming voice until they flip on the lights and fire up Frank Sinatra. And sopme how I doubt tha there's going to be lamos at the other shows that had legit ticket sales.
Can't wait, can't wait!
-roger.

PixiePat Posted - 04/14/2004 : 21:41:36
I'm assuming you've gotten rid of that Vancouver ticket by now. But IF not (please, please) I would LOVE to take it of your hands. I'd (of course) pay cash and (if you're interested) would even trade my autographed Surfer Rosa cassette (met the band about 16 years ago and they signed it). I NEED to be there next week.
Thanks
Patrick
ps If you have sold your ticket -any other ideas for finding a ticket? Is ebay the only (outrageous) option?

quote:
Originally posted by Picapiedra

All righty, then. Am I the 1st one to offer Vancouver tickets? I have 1 Vancouver thursday ticket, and 1 Vancouver Friday ticket to sell to the Pixies fans on this list.

Unless anyone has already settled a deal elsewhere, I think that according to this thread's list that kottke has 1st dibs to my Friday ticket. And mnsteelers has 1st dibs on my thursday ticket.

[Begin Edit 2004.4.9]
I just got an email from Jo Vancover. Guess I misunderstood that S/He will settle for Thurs tickets too, although Friday is preferred. Sorry for the false alarm mnsteelers. So to preserve the integrity of this list, I should verify that Kottke doesn't need a thursday ticket, right?
[End Edit]

Send me an email and let me know your situation and we'll work out the details. At this point in time we'll probably just meet up in Vancouver, right? Be forewarned that, I will probably be slow at replying. But the 2 extra tickets that I have will be distributed to this list and in sequential order. So no need to start a frenzy.

If anybody ever wants to do me a favor, they can make sure that I get a ticket to the Pixies' Sept 18th Austin City Limits show. They go on sale April 24th. But that's the frigg'n day that I'm flying back to Austin from the Vancouver shows, OH THE IRONY!. I have no more details than that. And I'm very nervous. And if it helps... anyone who get's an Austin ticket for themselves as well as me has got them selves a free guest room just 30-40 minutes out of town.

good luck everyone!
-roger.

kottke (1 for Friday)
Jo_Vancouver (2 for Friday)
mnsteelers (1 for either)
roomloo (1 for Friday)
dkcomet - (2 for either, pref. Friday. Will gladly buy one & hope to get a 2nd at the show)
zenon_jhs (2 for either, pref. Thursday)
johnny_4_president (1-2 for either)

One_Angry_Dwarf Posted - 04/14/2004 : 15:25:30
hey kids...
judging by the setlists that are floating around and what patrons of the Minni show say, there was potential for a second encore but the crowd didn't call the band out a second time... and were actually a pretty poor bunch throughout. Let's not this happen at the Vancouver shows. Van audiences can be pretty brutal sometimes, but let's make sure that we make these as amazing as they should be and worth the months of anticipation. We've got two CDs to fill up!
Picapiedra Posted - 04/13/2004 : 21:49:36
I've never been to vancouver before. So I'd like to get around and see some of it. I'm not sure if I'll meet up in the same bar both nights or not. But it just may be possible if it's cool enough.
-roger.

astrocat Posted - 04/10/2004 : 22:52:54
Are we talking about meeting up before the show both nights or just one of them? If just one, which one? I'll be at the Thursday show.
One_Angry_Dwarf Posted - 04/10/2004 : 02:08:42
the cambie is about a 15 min walk from the commodore and easily the best place to meet before the show.

still looking for friday tickets if it can be done...
Picapiedra Posted - 04/09/2004 : 17:40:44
See update to my 04/07/2004 : 21:59:18 post above.
-roger.

Dave Noisy Posted - 04/09/2004 : 16:30:36
Hey y'all, keep me appraised of what's happening, i'll likely join up. =)

fumanbru Posted - 04/09/2004 : 15:04:38
i'll probably be checking out the cambie before the show. how can you argue with "the Cambie $5.50 Burger and (fuman)Brew Combo."

"I joined the Cult of Frank/ and I got a free t-shirt with this dude on it."
Picapiedra Posted - 04/09/2004 : 12:34:33
Cambie looks cool. What is it, like a 10 block walk?

Also, how are: York Town Brewery, Irish Heather, & the RailYard?

-roger.

gone_phishin2001 Posted - 04/08/2004 : 06:50:08
Hi Picapiedra
Both those places are within a few blocks from the Commodore. I'm thinking that the Cambie is the best bet.
http://www.cambiehostels.com/gastown/

I'm drivin out on Thursday so won't make the pre-party, but I friday I would suggest meeting at the Cambie by 4:30pm and head over to the Commodore by 6pm. What do you think?

Jason

www.laner.ca
"Between Thought and Expression Lies a Lifetime"
- Lou Reed
The Passion Of El Diablo Posted - 04/08/2004 : 06:06:16
Got mine, too. Can't wait for the 'Couv.
roomloo Posted - 04/08/2004 : 05:57:09
Got my ticket, but thanks!
Picapiedra Posted - 04/07/2004 : 22:02:40
Hey gone Phish'n, are either of those places close to the commodore? My hotel is within walking distance of the Commodore. So a bar/pub close to there would just be excellent. Especially one that the locals recomend.

-roger.

Picapiedra Posted - 04/07/2004 : 21:59:18
All righty, then. Am I the 1st one to offer Vancouver tickets? I have 1 Vancouver thursday ticket, and 1 Vancouver Friday ticket to sell to the Pixies fans on this list.

Unless anyone has already settled a deal elsewhere, I think that according to this thread's list that kottke has 1st dibs to my Friday ticket. And mnsteelers has 1st dibs on my thursday ticket.

[Begin Edit 2004.4.9]
I just got an email from Jo Vancover. Guess I misunderstood that S/He will settle for Thurs tickets too, although Friday is preferred. Sorry for the false alarm mnsteelers. So to preserve the integrity of this list, I should verify that Kottke doesn't need a thursday ticket, right?
[End Edit]

Send me an email and let me know your situation and we'll work out the details. At this point in time we'll probably just meet up in Vancouver, right? Be forewarned that, I will probably be slow at replying. But the 2 extra tickets that I have will be distributed to this list and in sequential order. So no need to start a frenzy.

If anybody ever wants to do me a favor, they can make sure that I get a ticket to the Pixies' Sept 18th Austin City Limits show. They go on sale April 24th. But that's the frigg'n day that I'm flying back to Austin from the Vancouver shows, OH THE IRONY!. I have no more details than that. And I'm very nervous. And if it helps... anyone who get's an Austin ticket for themselves as well as me has got them selves a free guest room just 30-40 minutes out of town.

good luck everyone!
-roger.

kottke (1 for Friday)
Jo_Vancouver (2 for Friday)
mnsteelers (1 for either)
roomloo (1 for Friday)
dkcomet - (2 for either, pref. Friday. Will gladly buy one & hope to get a 2nd at the show)
zenon_jhs (2 for either, pref. Thursday)
johnny_4_president (1-2 for either)

jvince Posted - 03/27/2004 : 10:21:19
Just wondering, how early would one have to line up outside of the Commodore to get a spot right in front of the stage? You'd probably have to stay in that spot for the entire night. How early are the die-hards going to be in line?
gone_phishin2001 Posted - 03/25/2004 : 19:35:45
Hey everyone,

Has anyone decided on a cool meeting place prior to the Vancouver shows? I had posted awhile ago about possibly gathering at the Railway Club or the Cambie Hostel.

What does everyone think?

Jason

www.laner.ca
"Between Thought and Expression Lies a Lifetime"
- Lou Reed
Manny Posted - 03/17/2004 : 20:20:33
So... doesn't look like many people are in the market to trade their Friday tickets!!

This is my last call to see if someone would like to trade some Fridays for some Winnipegs or a Thursday ticket.

If I can't find some Friday tickets, well, it looks like I'll be flying to Winnipeg.

Can anyone help out?
Manny Posted - 03/14/2004 : 18:24:52

marbleslinger Posted - 03/11/2004 : 16:04:19
if i could be added to the "list" too id be stoked,
even if it seems bleak right now, im still in need of both nights commodore,
1-2 each night,

thanx,
aaron

i was talkin to peachy peach about kissy kiss
One_Angry_Dwarf Posted - 03/11/2004 : 15:00:38
i sure do go to UBC. they even gave me that fancy e-mail address. I guess that's what thousands of dollars in fees gets you.

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000