-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 Planet of Sound - Pixies News Items
 Album 10

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
billgoodman Posted - 10/09/2024 : 22:49:30
Yes, sooner or later we'll have a topic on it anyway

- During a BBC interview FB mentions a new recording session in Londen in the fall.

- On October 7th Pixies share a rehearsal of Motoroller for Later With Jools Holland. Meaning that they are in the UK this month. Zombies-tour will not start for a month

---------------------------
BF: Mag ik Engels spreken?
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
yarbles Posted - 10/14/2024 : 10:11:25
Yeah, I think Bossanova/Trompe tour would've happened as scheduled with Paz, then Zombies would've come out maybe in June and the summer touring would've been focused on that.
billgoodman Posted - 10/14/2024 : 09:36:22
You are right, it was announced in June 2003.

Still, the tour after those dates could have been the Zombies tour

Brank_Flack Posted - 10/14/2024 : 05:56:41
The Bossa/Trompe tour was booked in advance of Paz's departure. I think it's more likely the tour that followed would have been.
billgoodman Posted - 10/14/2024 : 04:30:24
You're so right. Somebody here (maybe you, Yarbles) mentioned the Bossa/Trompe tour was probably the first leg of the Zombies tour. If Paz wasn't sacked.

yarbles Posted - 10/14/2024 : 02:04:08
quote:
Originally posted by tamefan

If these sessions go well, LP10 could release sooner than 2 years from now, which would make LP9-LP10 the shortest interval between post-reunion album releases. And here I already felt spoiled by the short timespan between Doggerel and Zombies. Post-reunion, we've had two 2 year intervals (IC-HC, DG-NZC) and two 3 year intervals (HC-BTE, BTE-DG). Mind you, the 3 years BTE-DG included Covid lockdowns and the HC-BTE 3 years also yielded 9 excellent bonus tracks and 1 pretty good b-side/non-album single. Do any other major bands from the 80s release at a similar pace? Maybe the Chili Peppers? Until their next album is announced, or sessions are revealed, it's too early to say. Thom Yorke has put out 3 albums since Covid and he formed Radiohead in the 80s so I suppose that's a comparable pace, although they aren't Radiohead records.

I think Zombies would've come out already this past summer perhaps, if Paz wasn't booted and they needed to rerecord her parts. I think that pushed everything back a bit, Zombies would've been out in under 2 years after Doggerel. I'm hoping now that the band is solid and moving at full speed again that album 10 will be out in less than 2 years from now.
yarbles Posted - 10/14/2024 : 02:00:35
They recorded Head Carrier at RAK Studios in London with Tom Dalgety, wonder if they're going back there for this.
billgoodman Posted - 10/13/2024 : 21:13:22
quote:
Originally posted by Ziggy

The BBC interview mentioned London rather than Wales, from what I remember.

Thanks, I changed it

Ziggy Posted - 10/13/2024 : 09:01:35
The BBC interview mentioned London rather than Wales, from what I remember.
tamefan Posted - 10/11/2024 : 14:58:48
Oh wow they've released 10 records since Covid lockdowns!
billgoodman Posted - 10/10/2024 : 21:21:34
Guided by Voices releases 3 great albums a year (not every year though)
But they don't tour as much

tamefan Posted - 10/10/2024 : 18:44:46
If these sessions go well, LP10 could release sooner than 2 years from now, which would make LP9-LP10 the shortest interval between post-reunion album releases. And here I already felt spoiled by the short timespan between Doggerel and Zombies. Post-reunion, we've had two 2 year intervals (IC-HC, DG-NZC) and two 3 year intervals (HC-BTE, BTE-DG). Mind you, the 3 years BTE-DG included Covid lockdowns and the HC-BTE 3 years also yielded 9 excellent bonus tracks and 1 pretty good b-side/non-album single. Do any other major bands from the 80s release at a similar pace? Maybe the Chili Peppers? Until their next album is announced, or sessions are revealed, it's too early to say. Thom Yorke has put out 3 albums since Covid and he formed Radiohead in the 80s so I suppose that's a comparable pace, although they aren't Radiohead records.
billgoodman Posted - 10/10/2024 : 06:49:58
I'm not sure!

No mention of a new session for a record in a new Dave interview
(Touring till 2026)

Brank_Flack Posted - 10/10/2024 : 06:35:28
Joey teases that they're planning a new album in this interview from the summer: https://www.hotpress.com/music/pixies-joey-santiago-on-rory-gallagher-just-to-play-those-scales-in-such-a-fucking-unique-way-its-unbelievable-23048164

Did Charles mention Wales specifically, or was it the UK or England?

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000