Album 10
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
6136 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2024 :  22:49:30  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yes, sooner or later we'll have a topic on it anyway

- During a BBC interview FB mentions a new recording session in Londen in the fall.

- On October 7th Pixies share a rehearsal of Motoroller for Later With Jools Holland. Meaning that they are in the UK this month. Zombies-tour will not start for a month

---------------------------
BF: Mag ik Engels spreken?

Edited by - billgoodman on 10/13/2024 13:48:25

Brank_Flack
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
963 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2024 :  06:35:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Joey teases that they're planning a new album in this interview from the summer: https://www.hotpress.com/music/pixies-joey-santiago-on-rory-gallagher-just-to-play-those-scales-in-such-a-fucking-unique-way-its-unbelievable-23048164

Did Charles mention Wales specifically, or was it the UK or England?
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6136 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2024 :  06:49:58  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure!

No mention of a new session for a record in a new Dave interview
(Touring till 2026)

Go to Top of Page

tamefan
- FB Fan -

Canada
199 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2024 :  18:44:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If these sessions go well, LP10 could release sooner than 2 years from now, which would make LP9-LP10 the shortest interval between post-reunion album releases. And here I already felt spoiled by the short timespan between Doggerel and Zombies. Post-reunion, we've had two 2 year intervals (IC-HC, DG-NZC) and two 3 year intervals (HC-BTE, BTE-DG). Mind you, the 3 years BTE-DG included Covid lockdowns and the HC-BTE 3 years also yielded 9 excellent bonus tracks and 1 pretty good b-side/non-album single. Do any other major bands from the 80s release at a similar pace? Maybe the Chili Peppers? Until their next album is announced, or sessions are revealed, it's too early to say. Thom Yorke has put out 3 albums since Covid and he formed Radiohead in the 80s so I suppose that's a comparable pace, although they aren't Radiohead records.

Edited by - tamefan on 10/10/2024 19:02:34
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6136 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2024 :  21:21:34  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Guided by Voices releases 3 great albums a year (not every year though)
But they don't tour as much

Go to Top of Page

tamefan
- FB Fan -

Canada
199 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2024 :  14:58:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh wow they've released 10 records since Covid lockdowns!
Go to Top of Page

Ziggy
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
2453 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2024 :  09:01:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The BBC interview mentioned London rather than Wales, from what I remember.
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6136 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2024 :  21:13:22  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ziggy

The BBC interview mentioned London rather than Wales, from what I remember.

Thanks, I changed it

Go to Top of Page

yarbles
= Cult of Ray =

USA
601 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2024 :  02:00:35  Show Profile  Visit yarbles's Homepage  Reply with Quote
They recorded Head Carrier at RAK Studios in London with Tom Dalgety, wonder if they're going back there for this.
Go to Top of Page

yarbles
= Cult of Ray =

USA
601 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2024 :  02:04:08  Show Profile  Visit yarbles's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tamefan

If these sessions go well, LP10 could release sooner than 2 years from now, which would make LP9-LP10 the shortest interval between post-reunion album releases. And here I already felt spoiled by the short timespan between Doggerel and Zombies. Post-reunion, we've had two 2 year intervals (IC-HC, DG-NZC) and two 3 year intervals (HC-BTE, BTE-DG). Mind you, the 3 years BTE-DG included Covid lockdowns and the HC-BTE 3 years also yielded 9 excellent bonus tracks and 1 pretty good b-side/non-album single. Do any other major bands from the 80s release at a similar pace? Maybe the Chili Peppers? Until their next album is announced, or sessions are revealed, it's too early to say. Thom Yorke has put out 3 albums since Covid and he formed Radiohead in the 80s so I suppose that's a comparable pace, although they aren't Radiohead records.

I think Zombies would've come out already this past summer perhaps, if Paz wasn't booted and they needed to rerecord her parts. I think that pushed everything back a bit, Zombies would've been out in under 2 years after Doggerel. I'm hoping now that the band is solid and moving at full speed again that album 10 will be out in less than 2 years from now.
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6136 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2024 :  04:30:24  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You're so right. Somebody here (maybe you, Yarbles) mentioned the Bossa/Trompe tour was probably the first leg of the Zombies tour. If Paz wasn't sacked.

Go to Top of Page

Brank_Flack
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
963 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2024 :  05:56:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Bossa/Trompe tour was booked in advance of Paz's departure. I think it's more likely the tour that followed would have been.
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6136 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2024 :  09:36:22  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You are right, it was announced in June 2003.

Still, the tour after those dates could have been the Zombies tour

Go to Top of Page

yarbles
= Cult of Ray =

USA
601 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2024 :  10:11:25  Show Profile  Visit yarbles's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I think Bossanova/Trompe tour would've happened as scheduled with Paz, then Zombies would've come out maybe in June and the summer touring would've been focused on that.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000