-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 Planet of Sound - Pixies News Items
 Paz leaves band, Emma Richardson joins on bass
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  07:11:18  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Discoking
i disagree.



Iím literally blown away
Go to Top of Page

johnnyribcage
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1291 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  07:26:52  Show Profile  Visit johnnyribcage's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Lots of additional interesting chatter over on reddit.


I had a bad reaction to your public hobby writings.
Go to Top of Page

rivum
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
256 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  07:31:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by johnnyribcage

Lots of additional interesting chatter over on reddit.


I had a bad reaction to your public hobby writings.



it can't be as interesting as this!

do you have a link?
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  07:38:04  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So has Paz been watching the backlash unfolding across the internets - the shock and horror at this unexpected and untimely news and decided to maybe come forth with a bit more information knowing she has some validation from the fan base?

I wonder what theyíre saying on the Pixies forum which Iím a member of probably but havenít been on for years
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  07:44:36  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This reddit thread is interesting - posing the question Is Paz still A Pixie?

From two months ago..

https://www.reddit.com/r/thepixies/comments/18q1e4p/is_paz_still_a_pixie/
Go to Top of Page

Sprite
* Dog in the Sand *

1228 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  07:48:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow prescient!
Go to Top of Page

johnnyribcage
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1291 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  07:49:14  Show Profile  Visit johnnyribcage's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rivum

quote:
Originally posted by johnnyribcage

Lots of additional interesting chatter over on reddit.


I had a bad reaction to your public hobby writings.



it can't be as interesting as this!

do you have a link?



Just the r/pixies and r/thepixies forums. I don't follow them but I figured I'd see what's cooking over there on it. Someone is claiming to have an inside scoop that she was actually fired shortly after the IG posts and back and forth with fans, they've only just now announced it. Who knows. Makes sense though. I assume Emma has been working on the material for the show this week longer than 2 days.


I had a bad reaction to your public hobby writings.
Go to Top of Page

Sprite
* Dog in the Sand *

1228 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  07:53:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by johnnyribcage

quote:
Originally posted by rivum

quote:
Originally posted by johnnyribcage

Lots of additional interesting chatter over on reddit.


I had a bad reaction to your public hobby writings.



it can't be as interesting as this!

do you have a link?



Just the r/pixies and r/thepixies forums. I don't follow them but I figured I'd see what's cooking over there on it. Someone is claiming to have an inside scoop that she was actually fired shortly after the IG posts and back and forth with fans, they've only just now announced it. Who knows. Makes sense though. I assume Emma has been working on the material for the show this week longer than 2 days.


I had a bad reaction to your public hobby writings.



Ugh. No shortage of fashionable intolerance on there. Much preferable here!
Go to Top of Page

johnnyribcage
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1291 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  07:58:58  Show Profile  Visit johnnyribcage's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sprite

quote:
Originally posted by johnnyribcage

quote:
Originally posted by rivum

quote:
Originally posted by johnnyribcage

Lots of additional interesting chatter over on reddit.


I had a bad reaction to your public hobby writings.



it can't be as interesting as this!

do you have a link?



Just the r/pixies and r/thepixies forums. I don't follow them but I figured I'd see what's cooking over there on it. Someone is claiming to have an inside scoop that she was actually fired shortly after the IG posts and back and forth with fans, they've only just now announced it. Who knows. Makes sense though. I assume Emma has been working on the material for the show this week longer than 2 days.


I had a bad reaction to your public hobby writings.



Ugh. No shortage of fashionable intolerance on there. Much preferable here!



For sure. I mean... it's reddit


I had a bad reaction to your public hobby writings.
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  08:30:41  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skatealex1

A few things- going on about Ukrainian Nazi thing sounds like a Russian excuse to keep Putins Nazi like war going on. Yes- it's a problem but most of Ukraine is not nazi at all and I'd wager the opposite. They even have a Jewish president. Worth reiterating again- Putin seems to be the most Hitler like person in high power today by his behavior and propaganda.

Julian Assange- yeah the government is screwing him over. But that was also true under Mr Maga so....

I'd imagine with journalists you might be referring to more right wing commentator conspiracy types but I'd be curious to hear who you consider journalists in this regard if you wanted to post them



TNT Radio Live and UK Column are my standard new sources these days - TNT is very free speech and has commentary from all sides of the debate - Patrick Henningson and Basil Valentine are two of the best commentators on global events Iíve listened to recently and I donít agree with them all on everything - Misty Winston is a great Assange activist journo from the US and so on

Tucker Carlson is controlled oppo I think - at least he is according to Dr Shiva

I think you are over trivialising the problem with Nazis in the Ukraine there - for sure most people are just ordinary folk getting on with their lives and Ukrainian people are lovely and the women are also nymphomaniacs (I know because I lived with one once)

But so are Russian people - we have been conditioned by the media and Hollywood to hate Russians all our lives and fear them - but the reality I think is quite different that Russia is by and large a far less unhinged nation than the west is acting right now

Russians have been persecuted since 2014 when the US installed their puppet government prior to the comedy actor Zelensky - how is this not a serious, ongoing matter that shouldnít require eventually some intervention from Russia? I donít I agree with war full stop Iím hardcore pacifist on that but AT LEAST Putin has done his best to minimise casualties and has remained extremely level headed throughout all this unlike our leaders - he is willing to negotiate for peace and it was Boris Johnson who conspired against a peace deal early on in the conflict! WE blew up the Nord Stream (see Seymour Hersch Pulitzer prize winning journalistís detailed breakdown of that on Subsatck) then the reservoir then the bridge - it was us! The US and UK and probably Israel was involved too because the Nord Stream was blown up to stop Russia selling gas to Europe - meanwhile Israel is drawing up gas contracts to be our new supplier and now what are we doing? Committing a holocaust against 2.2 million people in Gaza in the most sadistic and barbaric way because there is oil and gas there - can you honestly not see which side in this is by far the most belligerent?

The US and Israel are attacking the entire west now after already committing gencoide in many different countries for decades - we are under attack by dangerous people who have captured and are controlling our governments - they ARE going to take us to WW3 unless we stop them this is not hyperbole!
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  08:38:54  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think itís fair to surmise that Emma Richardson might be seeing some of the backlash and feeling a little bit bad about it all so we should regardless of what happened let her know that we still support her in what she is undertaking - itís not her fault what has gone down with the band prior to this and no one can blame her for not grabbing the opportunity with both hands because I think a lot of people would do the same - sheíll probably be thinking that sheís not liked or wanted as a result of this now

I look forward to seeing what sheís like all the same and wish her all the best
Go to Top of Page

picpic
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1872 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  08:54:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe Paz had been a complete dickhead for many years. Nobody dared to take any action (after all they are the worst communicators EVER). Her last (and only) public mistake was the best opportunity for the band to get rid of her !


___
"Service Unavailable"
Go to Top of Page

jake3
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
245 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  09:11:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with Discoking. The band don't owe us anything. We're talking about a rock band here. I think it's well worth remembering what Frank said about Kim Shattuck's dismissal:

"The big question mark is, if it was going so well, why are you changing it up again? I guess itís a fair question, but what I would say is, just because some shows went well or a recording session went well with somebody, that doesnít mean that now you guys are married and this is forever. Itís not really how it works when youíre a band. And itís hard to explain to people, especially if they get emotionally attached to one personÖ Frankly, you donít want to explain it to anybody Ė itís a lot of its personal, private shit. Itís like politics and sports and peopleís personal lives have all been smeared together in this modern world. Itís a very presumptuous attitude about a lot of things. [People say] ďOh youíre shifting something in your world ó we demand a statement as to why.í Iím not the mayor, this isnít the bus service for a town. This is a rock band. Thereís been a shift in the lineup, big woop-dee-dooÖ as far as weíre concerned it ainít that big of a deal."

It's none of our business really. I think some people have a hard time respecting that. The band have wished her the best and she's done likewise.

quote:
Originally posted by pot
We can take this to gen chat if you like

I fully expected some backlash for my comments which are coming from an impartial stance I'd like to add

There is a resurgence of far right extremism but it's predominantly coming from traditionally left camps



Thanks but no thanks. I'm only here to talk about the Pixies.
Go to Top of Page

Sprite
* Dog in the Sand *

1228 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  09:27:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Would you be of the same opinion if David or Joey was kicked out?
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  09:29:02  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jake3
Thanks but no thanks. I'm only here to talk about the Pixies.



Okay jakey
Be sure to keep me up to speed with all the subjects of interest that you donít wish to engage with on here
Duly noted
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2966 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  09:35:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sprite

Would you be of the same opinion if David or Joey was kicked out?



I would pay money to hear Frank sing Pixies tunes with any backing band

I would not pay money to hear a band that had Joey, Kim and Dave & someone else singing Pixies tunes
Go to Top of Page

Skatealex1
* Dog in the Sand *

1645 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  09:40:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pot

quote:
Originally posted by Skatealex1

A few things- going on about Ukrainian Nazi thing sounds like a Russian excuse to keep Putins Nazi like war going on. Yes- it's a problem but most of Ukraine is not nazi at all and I'd wager the opposite. They even have a Jewish president. Worth reiterating again- Putin seems to be the most Hitler like person in high power today by his behavior and propaganda.

Julian Assange- yeah the government is screwing him over. But that was also true under Mr Maga so....

I'd imagine with journalists you might be referring to more right wing commentator conspiracy types but I'd be curious to hear who you consider journalists in this regard if you wanted to post them



TNT Radio Live and UK Column are my standard new sources these days - TNT is very free speech and has commentary from all sides of the debate - Patrick Henningson and Basil Valentine are two of the best commentators on global events Iíve listened to recently and I donít agree with them all on everything - Misty Winston is a great Assange activist journo from the US and so on

Tucker Carlson is controlled oppo I think - at least he is according to Dr Shiva

I think you are over trivialising the problem with Nazis in the Ukraine there - for sure most people are just ordinary folk getting on with their lives and Ukrainian people are lovely and the women are also nymphomaniacs (I know because I lived with one once)

But so are Russian people - we have been conditioned by the media and Hollywood to hate Russians all our lives and fear them - but the reality I think is quite different that Russia is by and large a far less unhinged nation than the west is acting right now

Russians have been persecuted since 2014 when the US installed their puppet government prior to the comedy actor Zelensky - how is this not a serious, ongoing matter that shouldnít require eventually some intervention from Russia? I donít I agree with war full stop Iím hardcore pacifist on that but AT LEAST Putin has done his best to minimise casualties and has remained extremely level headed throughout all this unlike our leaders - he is willing to negotiate for peace and it was Boris Johnson who conspired against a peace deal early on in the conflict! WE blew up the Nord Stream (see Seymour Hersch Pulitzer prize winning journalistís detailed breakdown of that on Subsatck) then the reservoir then the bridge - it was us! The US and UK and probably Israel was involved too because the Nord Stream was blown up to stop Russia selling gas to Europe - meanwhile Israel is drawing up gas contracts to be our new supplier and now what are we doing? Committing a holocaust against 2.2 million people in Gaza in the most sadistic and barbaric way because there is oil and gas there - can you honestly not see which side in this is by far the most belligerent?

The US and Israel are attacking the entire west now after already committing gencoide in many different countries for decades - we are under attack by dangerous people who have captured and are controlling our governments - they ARE going to take us to WW3 unless we stop them this is not hyperbole!



No serious foreign policy experts buy the bs from Putin about Nazis. All his public appearances have proved he's full of shi*. If you think his war is about fighting Nazis, I have a golden bridge to sell you. He could literally end the war overnight but like with people like Hitler they don't tend to just back down.

I have no idea who Dr Shiva is and even Google didn't pull up much so I have no opinion on that.
Go to Top of Page

jake3
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
245 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  09:46:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sprite

Would you be of the same opinion if David or Joey was kicked out?


Well I don't think the band would go on without Joey. For a few reasons but mainly because he's too unique of a guitarist and too big a part of the Pixies sound (yes, more so than Kim Deal).

Hypothetically speaking though, sure I'd be curious as to why either one of them were fired, but the band wouldn't owe it to me to tell me the specific details as to why. It's only rock 'n' roll.

quote:
Originally posted by pot
Okay jakey
Be sure to keep me up to speed with all the subjects of interest that you donít wish to engage with on here
Duly noted


Cheers pal.
Go to Top of Page

Skatealex1
* Dog in the Sand *

1645 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  09:57:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At the end of all this I'm most curious what the future of new Black Francis music will be (assuming he wants to keep doing music)... I guess they got plenty of touring for now though with Modest Mouse after the Trompe shows.
Go to Top of Page

Sprite
* Dog in the Sand *

1228 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  10:10:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bedbug

quote:
Originally posted by Sprite

Would you be of the same opinion if David or Joey was kicked out?



I would pay money to hear Frank sing Pixies tunes with any backing band

I would not pay money to hear a band that had Joey, Kim and Dave & someone else singing Pixies tunes



OK interesting. Definitely a dividing line there.

I would have a different perspective. FB with backing band playing some Pixies, some Frank Black, some Black Francis, some FB&C fine.

But just playing Pixies songs? No thanks.
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  10:11:27  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skatealex1

No serious foreign policy experts buy the bs from Putin about Nazis. All his public appearances have proved he's full of shi*. If you think his war is about fighting Nazis, I have a golden bridge to sell you. He could literally end the war overnight but like with people like Hitler they don't tend to just back down.

I have no idea who Dr Shiva is and even Google didn't pull up much so I have no opinion on that.



Yeah heís an enemy of the state - out outsider running for president - Dr Shiva Ayyadurai - beats the ice cream cone licking child sniffing geriatric currently in office by several magnitudes on the IQ scale

Your attempt to diminish my points by associating it with ďRussian propagandaĒ has failed on an epic scale, sorry
Go to Top of Page

picpic
* Dog in the Sand *

Belgium
1872 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  10:17:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe Paz had been a complete dickhead for many years. Nobody dared to take any action (after all they are the worst communicators EVER). Her last (and only) public mistake was the best opportunity for the band to get rid of her !


___
"Service Unavailable"
Go to Top of Page

Skatealex1
* Dog in the Sand *

1645 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  10:19:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pot

quote:
Originally posted by Skatealex1

No serious foreign policy experts buy the bs from Putin about Nazis. All his public appearances have proved he's full of shi*. If you think his war is about fighting Nazis, I have a golden bridge to sell you. He could literally end the war overnight but like with people like Hitler they don't tend to just back down.

I have no idea who Dr Shiva is and even Google didn't pull up much so I have no opinion on that.



Yeah heís an enemy of the state - out outsider running for president - Dr Shiva Ayyadurai - beats the ice cream cone licking child sniffing geriatric currently in office by several magnitudes on the IQ scale

Your attempt to diminish my points by associating it with ďRussian propagandaĒ has failed on an epic scale, sorry



Not really. I'd be surprised to see anyone here agree with your defenses of Putin who has caused massive destruction toward Ukraine and even his own citizens.

But... this isn't a political forum so again, it feels a little silly going on about this here.

Edited by - Skatealex1 on 03/06/2024 10:19:46
Go to Top of Page

Ziggy
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
2411 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  10:30:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm looking forward to seeing the band with Emma. A bass player through and through, and a fine vocalist too.

You can bet they'll have done a tonne of rehearsal for these shows.
Go to Top of Page

Sprite
* Dog in the Sand *

1228 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  10:38:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by picpic

Maybe Paz had been a complete dickhead for many years. Nobody dared to take any action (after all they are the worst communicators EVER). Her last (and only) public mistake was the best opportunity for the band to get rid of her !


___
"Service Unavailable"



Well you've changed your tune
Go to Top of Page

Brank_Flack
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
912 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  10:39:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skatealex1

quote:
Originally posted by pot

quote:
Originally posted by Skatealex1

No serious foreign policy experts buy the bs from Putin about Nazis. All his public appearances have proved he's full of shi*. If you think his war is about fighting Nazis, I have a golden bridge to sell you. He could literally end the war overnight but like with people like Hitler they don't tend to just back down.

I have no idea who Dr Shiva is and even Google didn't pull up much so I have no opinion on that.



Yeah heís an enemy of the state - out outsider running for president - Dr Shiva Ayyadurai - beats the ice cream cone licking child sniffing geriatric currently in office by several magnitudes on the IQ scale

Your attempt to diminish my points by associating it with ďRussian propagandaĒ has failed on an epic scale, sorry



Not really. I'd be surprised to see anyone here agree with your defenses of Putin who has caused massive destruction toward Ukraine and even his own citizens.

But... this isn't a political forum so again, it feels a little silly going on about this here.



Yes, I'm obviously with you. This forum could really do with a new appointment of an active moderator.

Edited by - Brank_Flack on 03/06/2024 10:41:06
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  10:53:20  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brank_Flack
Yes, I'm obviously with you. This forum could really do with a new appointment of an active moderator.



Bore off out of my face once and for all with this shit Brank
Iíve made an effort to get on with you and others with your antagonitic shit until this point but Iím going to tell you now Iím not taking anymore
Do you think I need to hang around here contributing stuff and constantly taking this crap from you?
I seem to recall a while back I was getting called out for not responding to your reply to my post - and then when I replied eventually when I had the time you didnít reply back?
And now you are trying to have me silenced!
Youíre a joke mate so shut the fuck up and get out of my face unless you have something interesting or civil to say to me
Go to Top of Page

johnnyribcage
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1291 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  10:55:13  Show Profile  Visit johnnyribcage's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is why we canít have nice things.



I had a bad reaction to your public hobby writings.
Go to Top of Page

Brank_Flack
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
912 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  10:57:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pot

quote:
Originally posted by Brank_Flack
Yes, I'm obviously with you. This forum could really do with a new appointment of an active moderator.



Bore off out of my face once and for all with this shit Brank
Iíve made an effort to get on with you and others with your antagonitic shit until this point but Iím going to tell you now Iím not taking anymore
Do you think I need to hang around here contributing stuff and constantly taking this crap from you?
I seem to recall a while back I was getting called out for not responding to your reply to my post - and then when I replied eventually when I had the time you didnít reply back?
And now you are trying to have me silenced!
Youíre a joke mate so shut the fuck up and get out of my face unless you have something interesting or civil to say to me



I haven't said anything about you in this thread and have been purposely ignoring your pro-Putin propaganda. All I said was that this forum could use a moderator. You're the one saying in multiple posts in this thread that I have no credibility, that I'm a joke, etc. while also insulting other members of the forum.
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  10:58:29  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skatealex1

quote:
Originally posted by pot
Your attempt to diminish my points by associating it with ďRussian propagandaĒ has failed on an epic scale, sorry



Not really. I'd be surprised to see anyone here agree with your defenses of Putin who has caused massive destruction toward Ukraine and even his own citizens.

But... this isn't a political forum so again, it feels a little silly going on about this here.



You think Iíve never been faced with a room full of opposing views before?

Do you think Iím going to be in any way phased by the lack of engagement with these issues Iím raising on this forum?

Anyway Iíve said all I want to about all that so back to staying rigidly within the boundaries of the thread topic in case I/we upset any more of the forumís natural flow of conversation nazisÖ
Go to Top of Page

pot
> Teenager of the Year <

Iceland
3909 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  11:00:02  Show Profile  Visit pot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brank_Flack

I haven't said anything about you in this thread and have been purposely ignoring your pro-Putin propaganda. All I said was that this forum could use a moderator. You're the one saying in multiple posts in this thread that I have no credibility, that I'm a joke, etc. while also insulting other members of the forum.



Oh piss off
Itís perfectly clear what you were trying to do/say
Donít push me
Go to Top of Page

johnnyribcage
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1291 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  11:24:42  Show Profile  Visit johnnyribcage's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This Band of Skulls stuff is decently groovy. Sheís definitely stronger in the vocals department than Paz. Curious to see what she brings to the table. Also curious if sheís just subbing in to get them through the tour or if itíll be more permanent. Or, as permanent as a Pixies bass player can possibly be.


I had a bad reaction to your public hobby writings.

Edited by - johnnyribcage on 03/06/2024 11:32:15
Go to Top of Page

Bedbug
> Teenager of the Year <

2966 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  12:17:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How were they able to keep this quiet for so long?
Go to Top of Page

johnnyribcage
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1291 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  12:37:21  Show Profile  Visit johnnyribcage's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bedbug

How were they able to keep this quiet for so long?



Well, they arenít really out in the public eye like other celebrities and bands. Probably just not saying anything is all it took. Might have been holding out hope for a potential reconciliation, particularly on Pazís side.


I had a bad reaction to your public hobby writings.
Go to Top of Page

Stevio10
* Dog in the Sand *

United Kingdom
1075 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  12:40:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bedbug

How were they able to keep this quiet for so long?



Whoever planned the timing of the announcement (and kept it quiet) is an evil genius.

No speculation over who will be the new bass player potentially lasting weeks/months.

Shit will go down for a few days but then the attention will turn to the tour and focus will be on how do they sound? How does Emma fit? How does Bossanova and Trompe sound?

For them I guess it's better to have a few days of pain rather than a few months of endless speculation.

A week is a long time in the world of rock and roll.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000